• 79 results
#1 Posted by PoisonJam7 (324 posts) -

One of the things that most people associated with Ryan, was his glorious beard. I hereby suggest that my fellow bombers and I should honor the man by attempting to grow a beard. While it will probably never be anywhere near as great as the original, I think it would still be a fitting tribute to a great man.

We can use this as an outlet to post pictures of our humble attempts as they come to fruition.

So, who's with me!?

#2 Posted by kylekrueger (121 posts) -

Hell ya I'm with you. Let the growing commence!!

#3 Edited by armaan8014 (5328 posts) -

yep. Was supposed to shave the day i heard the news, and then I just didn't want to. Been growing ever since

#4 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

Life is too short for beards.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Too late. Already got a sexy, sexy beard.

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Always be bearding.

#7 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1836 posts) -

I'm with you in spirit on this one, but that's about as committed as I can be with something like this. Knock 'em out of the park, kid.

#8 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

I've been rocking the ginger beard for a couple months now. It'll never attain the status of a Ryan Davis beard.

#9 Posted by kerse (2100 posts) -

I really wish I could grow a beard, I would totally be with you.

#10 Edited by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

I have one already, so I'm going to slap a coworker instead

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm currently 3 weeks into not shaving and it's going somewhere.

#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

yep. Was supposed to shave the day i heard the news, and then I just didn't want to. Been growing ever since

Congratulations, sir, on the grief beard.

I already have a shitty beard. I like to think Ryan would respect my willingness to embrace my hairy face, despite the quality.

#13 Posted by nutta27 (197 posts) -
#14 Posted by SgtSphynx (1262 posts) -

Won't be hard at all, I'm already rocking a goatee and stubble.

#15 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

@nutta27: I've been doing that already for years!

#16 Posted by Reisz (1459 posts) -

Shit I'm way ahead of you, I'll grow mine out even further though, or shave to match Ryan's old style, probably the former.

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3524 posts) -

already there, but i attempted to trim it and now it's a touch uneven, so i'm rocking the best of both the ryan davis and patrick klepek worlds! :D

(i keed i keed, both beards were/are awesome in their own right)

#18 Posted by PoisonJam7 (324 posts) -

I shaved last night, so I will be starting at a disadvantage, but I'll post some updates as it progresses. In the meantime, let's see some pics duders!

#19 Posted by Slay3r1583 (600 posts) -

I am genetically inferior and can't grow facial hair. If I could I would totally do it.

#20 Posted by LordMalvern (13 posts) -

Way ahead of you but I will dedicate my awesome facial hair to Ryan Davis! Just need to find someone to make a tiny plaque for it.

#21 Edited by Video_Game_King (35978 posts) -

...I already have a beard.

#22 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Already have one.

#23 Edited by falserelic (5312 posts) -

I already have a beard...

#24 Posted by fleshhead (11 posts) -

Hell yeah! Growing the beard back. Haven't shaved since Monday and don't intend to start now.

#25 Edited by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

I just shaved mine last Tuesday.

#26 Edited by ExiledAstronaut (111 posts) -

I already have a pretty feeble attempt at a beard going on at the moment :/

I really wish i could honor Ryan in some kind of meaningful way.

The only thing i can do is just try to adopt the wonderful outlook on life he had.

P.S. idk if any of that was relevant, I'm just pacing around my house now and freaking out :(

#27 Posted by Milkman (16514 posts) -

I...I can't...

Me and Jeff will have our imaginary grief beards together.

#28 Posted by DaddyCabinet (175 posts) -

I pushed this one out this morning.

#29 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

I'm already there but I guess I lose because I can't stand it if it's not trimmed.

#30 Posted by Sgtpierceface (610 posts) -
#31 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2999 posts) -

I can't grow a beard... I lose...

#32 Posted by cmblasko (1121 posts) -

I'm in. I was planning on keeping a clean face for the rest of the the summer, but now I have to grow it to do my part in honoring Ryan's memory.

#33 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

Already on it!

#34 Posted by AnotherSomebody (147 posts) -

Already have a bit of a Lincoln thing going on, but I'll try to grow out the mustache. It's never really worked out too well before, but hey, Ryan's worth it.

#35 Edited by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

I would totally do this but the last time I tried, everybody told me my shitty beard looked like a bush of pubic hair....

I just can't grow a decent one. :(

#36 Edited by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I'm a software engineer primarily focused on UNIX. I'm many years ahead of you on this beard thing. :)

#37 Edited by a_randay92 (31 posts) -

I'm Indian, so growing a beard is really easy for me because we Indians are hairy as hell. I'll definitely be growing my beard in honour of Ryan.

#38 Edited by gamecommaperiod (19 posts) -

As a grown ass man I already have a beard. Bourbon in his honor may be in line.

#39 Edited by Firrae (67 posts) -

I had been thinking about this!

#40 Posted by GaspoweR (2793 posts) -

Well, I'll be growing it now too but I'll be doing a bit of trimming. :)

#41 Posted by allgrinzz (161 posts) -

my beard is currently in the Ryan Davis style.. I shall post it when i get the chance.

#42 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

I'll do my best but I'm young and my beards are always patchy in the same places but I'll do it for Ryan!

#43 Posted by iconclastman (10 posts) -

Already way ahead on the beard, so maybe I'll shave it, glue it to a co-worker and grow a fresh one. And then slap the glued one of my co-workers face in honor of Ryan.

#44 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5207 posts) -

I'm already covered, but I might shave and regrow it in honor of Ryan.

#45 Edited by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

I love beards. I love Ryan Davis. I'm in.

#46 Posted by Solidfox (59 posts) -

I'd love to join this beard growing party, but I've already a well amount of hair on my face. Can I shave it then regrow it in Ryan's honor? Does that count?

#47 Posted by brownsfantb (389 posts) -

@armaan8014 said:

This is basically what I've done. I would let it grow out a little more but I can't stand having a beard. I'll be with you guys in spirit though.

#48 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

I can't grow a beard. But I will grow one in spirit.

#49 Posted by eccentrix (1498 posts) -

I was going to shave it for going outside tomorrow, but I guess it would be easier not to. Sold!

#50 Posted by Wraithken (21 posts) -

Yeah, I've been sporting a Ryan beard for a while now...

Of course, I don't think I ever saw Ryan wearing Chickens on his shoulders. BTW, the wife hates it, but with what's happened I've decided to keep it for a while.