• 147 results
#101 Posted by Miyuki (176 posts) -

Here's to you, Ryan... I cannot believe that you are gone. I raise a toast (of whatever scotch my husband had in the cabinet!) It will not be the same without you!

#102 Edited by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -
I've been visiting Giant Bomb since late 2008, and this is the first time I have uploaded an image of myself. Cheers Mr. Davis. You will be missed.

Ha. Same. Funny that we happened to both post pictures of Jack's Tennessee Honey. Just thought I'd call that out.

#103 Edited by k4rst3ns (4 posts) -

This one's for your Ryan Davis.

Never been a contributer to Giant Bomb but have followed you guys since way back to the Gamespot time so this struck me pretty hard. Never knew you could have these big emotions for a person you never even met, only watched and listen to so many times. So I raise my glass to you Ryan, and everyone around, this one's for you.

My condolences to Rayns family, friends and everyone at Giant Bomb.

Love from Sweden.

#104 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

@church069 said:
I've been visiting Giant Bomb since late 2008, and this is the first time I have uploaded an image of myself. Cheers Mr. Davis. You will be missed.

Ha. Same. Funny that we happened to both post pictures of Jack's Tennessee Honey. Just thought I'd call that out.

I've been digging Tennessee Honey lately, goes down smoother and sweeter than regular Jack's Whiskey.

#105 Posted by poisonmonkey (329 posts) -

Cheers duder, I will buy you a brewski next time we meet

#106 Posted by TIGER (45 posts) -

to a space brother now among the stars. hope to see you someday! much love from Alabama

#107 Posted by SpaceRunaway (861 posts) -

No pics because I'm in my underwear and I was crying when I toasted, but I had a bottle of Glenfiddich that I had been saving for a special occasion. I wish it could have been under happier circumstances, but here's to you Ryan.

#108 Posted by Musou (381 posts) -
Cheers

#109 Edited by Jackel2072 (2253 posts) -

Ryan i may have never met you or had the pleasure of calling you friend, but you had a profound impact on my life for the good! a few years ago when my life hit a pretty fucking hard wall and i didn't want to do much of anything, their was one thing that kept me in high spirits. "Hey everyone it's Tuesday and your listing to the GiantBombcast im your host Ryan Davis" Thank you for the amazing memories, Thank you for the many laughs and the insight. I will not and never can forget you sir.

#110 Posted by Munntendo (3 posts) -

My first post as a Giant Bomb community member was to toast the memory of Ryan. I haven't been active on a forum in a long time. I'm used to Twitter. I wish I could "favorite" each and every one of these posts. This has hit me a lot harder than I ever would have expected.

#111 Posted by Player1 (3861 posts) -

Ryan, after roughly seven straight years of either seeing you or hearing your voice I honestly can't fathom what tomorrow is going to feel like when I realize that will never happen again. Though I never got the pleasure of meeting you in person, I truly do consider you one of my good friends.

Not many people on the internet have the ability to come off as "real". Not many people on the internet have the ability to touch an audience on a personal level. You have successfully done both...all the while being the hilarious light hearted asshole that we all have come to love and adore.

My friends will never understand my reasoning when I tell them I have more fun learning and talking about games than I do actually playing them. I know at least you guys understand.

Much love Ryan. Rest in peace.

#112 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

I will pour my glass of Peach Mango tea to the man. Cheers, Ryan Davis.

#113 Edited by InsaneGenis (96 posts) -

Cheers Giantbomb!!

#114 Edited by geirr (2523 posts) -

It's 7:30 am here in Norway, an appropriate time for me and my wife to raise our glasses to Mr. Davis.

He managed to warm hearts even up here in the cold, wintery peaks of Scandinavia. I will miss you like I'd miss a dear friend. Thank you, Ryan, for sharing your amazing adventures with us.

#115 Posted by pipedreams (37 posts) -

@geirr said:

It's 7:30 am here in Norway, an appropriate time for me and my wife to raise our glasses to Mr. Davis.

He managed to warm hearts even up here in the cold, wintery peaks of Scandinavia. I will miss you like I'd miss a dear friend. Thank you, Ryan, for sharing your amazing adventures with us.

Chiming in, I'm the one on the left. When Geirr and I first met, he introduced me to Giant Bomb and we have spent tons of time watching the vids here, and listening to podcasts. We bonded over them. Ryan Davis made us laugh, and we both looked forward to his return from his wedding - he will be sorely missed by the both of us. Cheers to you Ryan, thank you for being such an awesome dude and giving us and everyone else so much of your well-lived life. I'm sorry to his wife, with whom he barely got a chance to start a life together with, so very sorry.

#116 Posted by Libb (70 posts) -

Just about every week for the past eight or so years, I've listened, watched, and read Ryan's witty humor and expert critique in the world of video games and everything but. I never got the chance to meet him in person, though had I not gotten nervous I probably could have after this year's PAX East panel. I did, however, have the honor of talking to him for a few brief seconds on the old Happy Hour show, when I called in for the Roku giveaway, and he good-naturedly ribbed me for blurting out "Giant Bomb!" multiple times instead of Whiskey Media when he asked who was giving me the free Roku, and again a few months later during another call-in segment on the Happy Hour. He never knew me by name, but I felt closer to him than I do some of my close friends.

One for me, one for my fallen homie. May it always be Unprofessional Fridays, Loveable Mondays, and Bombcast Tuesdays where you are. Rest in peace, friend.

#117 Edited by EasyGame (4 posts) -
Thanks for everything Ryan, rest in peace.

#118 Edited by Firrae (69 posts) -
A tribute to a man that I never got to meet, but one I always hoped too. Gone way too soon, RIP man, this one, and any following, are for you tonight!

#119 Posted by Wicked_Wumpus (174 posts) -

Fuck you, Ryan! I'm gonna miss you buddy. Rest in peace.

#120 Posted by Lelcar (606 posts) -

truly, completely, devastating. this is a great loss for everyone. you will be missed Ryan Davis. We love you.

#121 Posted by Skyfire543 (677 posts) -

#122 Edited by mbdoeden (171 posts) -

Love ya man.

#123 Posted by bassguygt (9 posts) -

Thank you for everything Ryan. You will be sorely missed.

#124 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

Ryan, you're going to be missed. This ones to you!

#125 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

I bought a 6 pack of Stella Artois tonight and poured out the first bottle in honor of Ryan.

Here's to you man - cheers!

#126 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

I can't drink before work, but I will raise a toast when I return home.

We'll miss you Ryan.

#127 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
I'm going to miss you.

#128 Posted by AmaDeus_Funk (5 posts) -

After staying up all night, trying to drink away my sadness, I can't think of anything witty or funny to say. So, I think I'm just going to thank you for all of the entertainment and insight that you have provided us over these years. The world is a lot more boring place without you Big Poppa. Rest in peace.

Kippis!

#129 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

I haven't had many drinks recently since my baby was born, but I got out the good stuff last night. Nikka from the Barrel blended Japanese whiskey. Yamas my friend.

#130 Posted by HalloweenBlues (8 posts) -

Reading his profile, I saw that he hated fruit punch flavored Four Loko. I went out to get one in his honor. And now I know why he hated them. Here's to you big guy.

#131 Edited by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Not much of a scotch man. Luckily I had just enough left in an old bottle of Grand Macnish. Seemed fitting. R.I.P., Mr. Davis.

#132 Edited by IzunaDrop (141 posts) -

Toasting 10 year Russell's Reserve to you, good sir. First time I have had quality bourbon in a long time. Damn, its good.

I am so sad I don't own a decent tumbler. Being rectified tomorrow, no doubt.

Goodbye Ryan. Every time I laugh at the crazy shit known as video games, you will be in my heart.

#133 Posted by Rincewind (252 posts) -

Well, can't think of a better time to crack open a bottle.

RIP you magnificent bastard.

#134 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

I don't drink, so I got some Coke. RIP, Mr. Davis. You'll be missed.

#135 Posted by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -
To Ryan. May you rest in peace - or chaos. Whichever you prefer :)

#136 Posted by Toastburner_B (145 posts) -

I don't drink, but I'd like to think that Ryan would see the humor in me toasting him with a glass of (cow) milk.

#137 Edited by Nights (610 posts) -

If I didn't currently have an ulcer, I'd pour one out for the great man. All of the framed, signed posters reminded me that I need to do the same. It makes me feel a bit better that I have his signature.

#138 Posted by Jackhole (370 posts) -

Thanks for everything duder, you'll be missed.

#139 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

I don't have a camera at the moment, but me and all my ponies will raise our glasses for Ryan.

#140 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

I'm not much of a drinker, but it's a special occasion, so here's a comically small bottle of Jack's.

To Ryan!

#141 Edited by Stache (67 posts) -

Cheers Ryan. Heavy hearts today to match the weight of yours. We'll miss ya buddy. Tuesday's gone with the wind.

#142 Edited by revolve (28 posts) -

I don't have a webcam, but I've been cheersing to Ryan all night long. Ryan, and all them at Giant Bomb, and his family, and his wife. Cheers, for being awesome people, for without you, there'd be no Ryan, and vice versa.

#143 Edited by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Couldn't post yesterday because of the site.

#144 Posted by kadash299 (278 posts) -

I look like Hell in this picture, but I'm uploading it anyway, because I FEEL like hell, and I know that all you duders understand.

Ryan, Thank you for being the best damn human being of all time.

#145 Edited by Beomoose (681 posts) -

Finally got this to upload, stupid phone.

Here's to you, Taswell. Half down the hatch, half poured out for the one we lost.

#146 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

Couldn't post yesterday because of the site.

I think Ryan and Ron have designs on hitting that bottle.

#147 Edited by Rabbykayn (221 posts) -

#148 Edited by coakroach (2490 posts) -
A man from Australia still intends to buy you a drink one day, Mr. Davis.

#149 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -
#150 Edited by Hampe (175 posts) -

Guess it's a good time enough for this.

Cheers Ryan. Thanks for all the memories.