#1 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Bunny Must Die / Chelsea & The 7 Devils

Download

Direct Link - http://www.murasame.com/archives/bmd_test.zip
Page - http://www.murasame.com/games/bmd.htm

Info

This is a Metroidvania game made by Murasame aka Plantine Dispositif (wtf?).  In it, you control a girl in a playboy bunny-esque outfit and run around stopping time and throwing knives at enemies, all the while collecting new powerups and unlocking new areas.

This will truly be a community building experience, as the entire game (except for the menus, thankfully) is in Japanese.  You will have to rely on your fellow Giant Bombers to figure out exactly what that red orb you picked up did and why.

The game is pretty challenging, but nowhere near as bad as last week's shmup.  Also, you're not crazy, the first powerup you pick up is the ability to move right.  I think that's some kind of Japanese joke.

Controls

This game's controls can be switched in the menu.  It also has gamepad support right off the bat, and works like a charm with the 360 controller.

Arrow Keys / Joystick - Move
Z - Jump
X - Shoot
C - Time Power

Let's Play

You'll also probably notice that I'm posting this on Monday (EST time) instead of Tuesday.  The reason for that is...because I feel like it.  Let's Play is now on Mondays.  Dictatorial decree.

So...let's do this.  We can beat this game if we all work together.

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

Way too early in the morning/late at night. I'll play tomorrow.

#3 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Nice, Nice, I'll try it out once I watch an episode of heroes

#4 Posted by probune (9 posts) -

THERE'S NO WORDS ON IT. I CAN'T DO IT

#5 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

WTF?

#6 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
Clean said:
"WTF?"
Exactly.
#7 Edited by Rowr (5477 posts) -

aha this is great.

#8 Edited by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Too bad I can't read the language, but I'm on the first level boss, and it's hard

Also I found out that by pressing Down+Jump you can Dash

Another thing, I found a sword

#9 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
Absurd said:
"Too bad I can't read the language, but I'm on the first level boss, and it's hard

Another thing, I found a sword"
where?

I got boomerangs.

I was wondering about the dash, i did it once accidentally and couldnt figure out what i did.

This thread needs stickying.
#10 Edited by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Rowr said:
"Absurd said:
"Too bad I can't read the language, but I'm on the first level boss, and it's hard

Another thing, I found a sword"
where?

I got boomerangs.

I was wondering about the dash, i did it once accidentally and couldnt figure out what i did.

This thread needs stickying."
Right after the first moving platform jump onto the ledge on the right and slash the pillar type thing, Just throw a sword at it here, In the circled area
caption

Edit: My brother is kicking me off, I'll try it once I get back on (or tomorrow)
#11 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -

got the sword, swapped it back for boomerangs tho. And then i died and lost them anyway.

defeat the first boss the cheap way!

stand right next to the door you come in from, and spam diagonally upwards with the shurikens.

you will need to adjust the strategy a little bit when she comes at you horizontally.

#12 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Rowr said:
"got the sword, swapped it back for boomerangs tho. And then i died and lost them anyway.

defeat the first boss the cheap way!

stand right next to the door you come in from, and spam diagonally upwards with the shurikens.

you will need to adjust the strategy a little bit when she comes at you horizontally."
Ah, I just beat her with my sword
#13 Posted by insanejedi (655 posts) -

Okay then....

#14 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -

If you double tap in a direction you dash, handy for those large gaps. Im not sure if this was availables since the start, or whether i just unlocked it.

#15 Edited by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Rowr said:
"If you double tap in a direction you dash, handy for those large gaps. Im not sure if this was availables since the start, or whether i just unlocked it."
You unlock it once you get the sandals.

Edit: Im at the second boss
#16 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

What on earth...

#17 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
serbsta said:
"What on earth..."
Exactly.
#18 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -

how far are you in this game vax?

#19 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I beat the first boss.  I've taken a break to listen to the 3 hour long P1P podcast while working on JPC some more.  I'll be heavily chipping away on it tomorrow (today) after I wake up.

#20 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
caption
#21 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

man, I am still playing jetpack cat, that game alone is enough freeware awesome for this kid.

#22 Edited by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I think I'm near the end of the first level, I just keep screwing up

Edit: I beat it, but it looks like this is a demo version or something?

#23 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Young girls in bunny suits tossing knives at each other while stopping time.
And a move right powerup.
Words cannot describe my love for the japanese.
What do I do after I beat the first boss? I got the boots and everything.

#24 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
atejas said:
"

Young girls in bunny suits tossing knives at each other while stopping time.
And a move right powerup.
Words cannot describe my love for the japanese.
What do I do after I beat the first boss? I got the boots and everything.

"

if you go back out and go upwards there is a platform you will need to dash towards to make the jump. The lasers in the next room deactivate using the time mechanic.

Thats as far as i got for today.
#25 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I can't play it. it starts the opening cinematic and shuts down.

#26 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Can you at least access the main menu?

#27 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Cool, the title makes me want to play. I'll play it a bit later.

#28 Edited by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

no, I can't access anything. It lasts like 1 second.

It tells me I run it at around 60 FPS, starts with some drums, and quits.

#29 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Wow- downloading now

#30 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

This is only a demo version, I beat it yesterday

#31 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I didn't know it was only a demo. :(  The website is entirely in Japanese.

Ah well, it's still fun.

#32 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"I didn't know it was only a demo. :(  The website is entirely in Japanese.

Ah well, it's still fun."
:P Yeah it was, I went through it twice because I thought there was some sort of japanese error message >.<
#33 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Tell you guys what...as a result of this game not being anywhere near as long as I thought...

As of right now, Let's Play doesn't belong to me.  If there's a game you want anyone to Let's Play, on any day of the week, feel free to post it.  Why the fuck not?  We can have multiple ones going at once, right?  Go crazy! :)

It'll liven up these forums a bit.  I'd rather see lots of community building / discussion generating topics like this instead of more Gamefaqs-esque "What's your favorite crayon color?" or "What hairstyle does the poster 2 posts down from you have?" threads.

Also, grab that Let's Play picture from the top of the thread.  It's rad.

#34 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"Tell you guys what...as a result of this game not being anywhere near as long as I thought...

As of right now, Let's Play doesn't belong to me.  If there's a game you want anyone to Let's Play, on any day of the week, feel free to post it.  Why the fuck not?  We can have multiple ones going at once, right?  Go crazy! :)

It'll liven up these forums a bit.  I'd rather see lots of community building / discussion generating topics like this instead of more Gamefaqs-esque "What's your favorite crayon color?" or "What hairstyle does the poster 2 posts down from you have?" threads.

Also, grab that Let's Play picture from the top of the thread.  It's rad."
I worry about people putting games up all over the place. If its one a week im up for it. If its more than one every couple of days im afraid i wont be able to set aside time for any of them. (Im already swamped with castle crashers, too human and grid as it is. And ive barely played the former two.)

I really like this as a once a week thing. Are you sure you dont want to continue running this? With out the semi official and structured timetable i worry this will dissipate.
#35 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I think it'll be fine.  If 20 games get posted a day (which I highly doubt will happen), people will only play the ones that don't suck.

I just felt like I was sort of dictating it, and I'd rather not have the final say in it if someone else wants to make an LP thread, that's all.  I think it would foster the community more if Joe Schmoe can just make a thread for his favorite NES or indie game and try to get a bunch of people to play it.

#36 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"I think it'll be fine.  If 20 games get posted a day (which I highly doubt will happen), people will only play the ones that don't suck.

I just felt like I was sort of dictating it, and I'd rather not have the final say in it if someone else wants to make an LP thread, that's all.  I think it would foster the community more if Joe Schmoe can just make a thread for his favorite NES or indie game and try to get a bunch of people to play it."
Thats what the suggestion thread is for, people expect someone else to do the hard work :P

Its the success of that happening compared to this. Dilution of the concept that worries me.

O well, i will post  a few "lets play!" as i find them.

#37 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I don't think you need to worry.  There's only 4 of us that post in these threads anyway. :P

#38 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"I don't think you need to worry.  There's only 4 of us that post in these threads anyway. :P"
exactly.

Im worried about possibly losing the other two. :D