LFG: Action game with difficult resource management

hencook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Resident Evil 4 and Bioshock Infinite are great games, but you're just rolling in the dough or the have the biggest freaking suitcase by the end of it, and on the more difficult settings, the difficulty isn't the scarcity of your resources, it's the speed in which you die. I wanna be REQUIRED to eat every freaking hotdog out of a trashcan in order to survive. Usually strategy games always have a lot of good money sinks, but action, not so much.

So name something that's

1. Has a lot of action

2. Is a fun time, hard time

3. Always has you strapped for res

*I'd make #4 "Is a video game" but I'd be impressed if you could do otherwise.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Teleglitch is a real bastard in this respect. Much like RE4, there's the incentive to knife enemies to conserve ammo, which you really need to do for a lot of the game.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Hey @hencook, have you played the new Wolfenstein yet? I feel it matches all of your criteria pretty well, especially on harder difficulties. That said, there are less types of resources to manage than a Resident Evil game because there's no money management (just Health, Armor and Bullets) but the management required is darn steep.

The Metro series also springs to mind, but may not be actiony enough, depending on how furious a time time you're looking for.

hencook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hey @hencook, have you played the new Wolfenstein yet? I feel it matches all of your criteria pretty well, especially on harder difficulties. That said, there are less types of resources to manage than a Resident Evil game because there's no money management (just Health, Armor and Bullets) but the management required is darn steep.

The Metro series also springs to mind, but may not be actiony enough, depending on how furious a time time you're looking for.

I had no idea a game like Wolfenstein would have resource management, because I thought it'd be another ID kinda run and gun, so I'll look into it, thanks!