#1 Posted by onlineatron (190 posts) -

The seed's been planted, last night's TNT saw to that.   

Do you think there is any hope of Lincoln Force being developed upon by Double Fine? 

It would be amazing to see this happen!

#2 Posted by craigbo180 (1763 posts) -

It would be kind of funny to see but there is no chance it will be developed by double fine. I'm surprised no-one has made a flash game or something yet though.

#3 Posted by Nux (2544 posts) -

Long live Lincoln Force!
#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5771 posts) -

There was a TNT last night? 
I thought they skipped this week.

#5 Edited by Underachiever007 (2471 posts) -

On paper, Lincoln Force does sound like the kind of game Double Fine would like making. No chance it's going to happen, though.

#6 Posted by CenturionCajun (1573 posts) -

Nah, it was a rather huge event since they were having their St. Patrick's Day party at the same time. For most of the show the head developers for Trenched were on the couch talking about things and Ryan was telling them about Lincoln Force. Various other personalities like Ryan McDonald and Karen Davis made cameos.

#7 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (842 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" There was a TNT last night? I thought they skipped this week. "
Yeah, they played Super Street Fighter IV. Four of the guys from Double Fine stopped by and chatted with Ryan, Jeff, and Matt while answering questions from the chat. It was one of the best TNTs yet.

Back on topic, if this were to happen, I would probably have a smile on my face for about a month.
#8 Posted by Daveyo520 (7328 posts) -

So you are just a Carbon Neutral Games hater?! 

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -
@craigbo180 said:
" I'm surprised no-one has made a flash game or something yet though. "
I remember someone did release an iPad game with a Lincoln Force reference in it. I don't remember who it was or what the game is called, but it exists.
#10 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

If anyone could do it, it would be Double Fine. Either them or Twisted Pixel. I'd buy that game so hard.

#11 Posted by JJWeatherman (14795 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" So you are just a Carbon Neutral Games hater?!  "
Admit it, all their stuff is crap. All of those guys can go die. I mean, Modern Film Production and V-Pain: Bulletproof? Come on! Awful!

#12 Posted by TurboMan (8173 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Daveyo520 said:
" So you are just a Carbon Neutral Games hater?!  "
Admit it, all their stuff is crap. All of those guys can go die. I mean, Modern Film Production and V-Pain: Bulletproof? Come on! Awful!

"
exactly, and also... it took 3D Realms 10 years to try and make Duke Nukem Forever before they had to hand it off to Gearbox to finish.... it would save Carbon Neutral a lot of money if they just hired the Double Fine guys to finish Lincoln Force for them.
#13 Posted by norton123 (366 posts) -

If it were made, Double Fine would have to do it. 

#14 Posted by Sin4profit (3164 posts) -
@CenturionCajun said: 

" Nah, it was a rather huge event since they were having their St. Patrick's Day party at the same time. For most of the show the head developers for Trenched were on the couch talking about things and Ryan was telling them about Lincoln Force. Various other personalities like Ryan McDonald and Karen Davis made cameos. "

And Jody Robinson! *Swoon* ...she's dreamy.    
#15 Posted by biospank (699 posts) -
I'm still working on it, but it is hard when you are a one dude team.
#16 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -
@Aragorn123 said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" There was a TNT last night? I thought they skipped this week. "
Yeah, they played Super Street Fighter IV. Four of the guys from Double Fine stopped by and chatted with Ryan, Jeff, and Matt while answering questions from the chat. It was one of the best TNTs yet.  Back on topic, if this were to happen, I would probably have a smile on my face for about a month. "
Agreed, it was a really good TNT. They were very funny, those Trenched guys.
#17 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -

Even little downloadable games can cost up to a million dollars to make, or at the very least several hundred thousand, and no one is going to just up and spend that much money on a joke.

#18 Posted by onlineatron (190 posts) -
@crusader8463: But it doesn't have to be 'a joke'. It could be a legitimately fun, humorous game. 

Double Fine's games rarely excel in gameplay, but they make up for it with spades of charm and wit. Lincoln Force would be a PERFECT fit for them