List your Controller-Throwing Moments!

Jimmy775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Jimmy775

You know what I mean. The bosses, events, sections or levels in games that get you so frustrated, due to their unfair mechanics, difficulty, unforgivingness (is that a word?) or bugginess, that you threw your controller (keyboard?) across the room- or at least you had the inclination to do so.

I just recently played through Assassin's Creed 1.

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHhhh!

So what's yours? What game made you want to kick kittens and why?
Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nock

'Splosion Man made me soooo mad but I kept with it too many times to list them all.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

Trials HD....nuff said.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By armaan8014

FIFAs always got me frustrated due to the stupidity in the games which would cost me a goal allt he time..

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138

Fighting Seth as the end of street fighter 4 was fucking annoying . That and ikurga 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

One of the few that I've ever experienced comes to mind since it happened last November.  Basically, it's the final boss in Killzone 2.  It took my quite a few tries to get right and then when I did, I'm not sure if it was a fluke.  He has an ability which make it frustrating.  Not impossible since I did eventually finish, but damn, I was quite perturbed at one point.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Binman88

Most recently while playing Devil Survivor. Enemies swarming my characters and attacking them from a distance, letting me do nothing but watch as my party dies yet again.

Prototype had its fair share of controller-throwing moments last year, as did SFIV online.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By PoppaKyle

Man I cant remember the name of the game... Ill have to come back and edit it in later.. 

But it was like a month ago, the game was just so hard. And it was one of those really frustrating theres NO way I can see myself beating it hard. I kept doing the part over and over trying different stuff but same outcome, so I gave the controller on of those flick of the wrist straight up in the air throws lol

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I threw a controller a few days ago playing Ninja Gaiden. Ghost Fish + Ghost Doku = Fun!

Jimmy775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Jimmy775
@turbomonkey138 said:
" Fighting Seth as the end of street fighter 4 was fucking annoying . That and ikurga  "
Amen on Seth. I bought Ikaruga thinking I would like it only find out 15 minutes later I do not have the patience for that style of game whatsoever.
riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By riffingt0n

Any of the 'boss battles' in GH3 :P.  In particular the last boss on expert was stupid.  You play through a long intro and have a 2/7 chance of him failing you outright before you have any powerups to fight back.

I don't actually throw my controllers, but that was as close as I've come in recent memories.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By essaregee

Alma in Ninja Gainden 1 on Hard difficulty. 
Bloody most annoying boss fight ever. 

That and Tiamat in Xenosaga 2. 
Oh, and Semor (forgot proper spelling) resurected form in FF10.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hot_Karl

Mostly it's been arcade versions of notoriously cheap games with catch-up AI, specifically the PS1 version of NFL Blitz among others. Anytime you're ahead by 14 points in the last quarter, then the opposing team consecutively gets an interception recovery to a touchdown, followed by an onside kick attempt which causes yet another turnover against my team, you'll throw your controller in frustration.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Willy105

Mario Bros. 3

But I contained myself and managed to not break my GBA.

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By taccyp
@fwylo said:
" Trials HD....nuff said. "
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie

Prototype and when a glitch occurred in Oblivion making me unable to do any thieves guilds quests after days of a friend telling me how they have the best side quests 

dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dyslekt

FIFA10 and MW2 to often... 

AlfredCapone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlfredCapone
Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. The whoel game itself was frustrating and I finally got to the end and after hours of trying, my Xbox ended up freezing and my save file ended up corrupted. That controller  needless to say wasnt just thrown once...
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Binman88 said:
" Most recently while playing Devil Survivor.
Great, now somebody's gonna mention my name. To avoid that AND the Seven Heroes a la Romancing SaGa 2, I'll name several of the bosses in Darkside Chronicles. How am I supposed to know what to shoot and when at certain times?
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Binman88
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Binman88 said:
" Most recently while playing Devil Survivor.
Great, now somebody's gonna mention my name. To avoid that AND the Seven Heroes a la Romancing SaGa 2, I'll name several of the bosses in Darkside Chronicles. How am I supposed to know what to shoot and when at certain times? "
I remember you mentioned you weren't a fan of DS on my blog about a month back, and I actually read your blog about it last night when looking through the forums to see if anyone else was having the problems I was. I don't hate the game, I eventually got past the section I was at (fight with Beldr), but foresee more frustration with it in the future. I really can't stand the player turn order thing either. It seems my main character always does too much in one go, forcing him to sit at the end of the queue for eternity.

I wish they'd make a Persona game for the DS.
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Last really terrible moment I remember:

Dead Rising.  That mission where you have to go down into the parking garage.  I'm driving around and exploring for a long ass time (partially to get that achievement for killing a ton of zombies, very easy to do with a car in that garage), end up fighting that boss (he rode around on a motorcycle and threw grenades I believe) but things went badly and eventually I'm fighting him on foot and it's all going pretty badly.  Still, I figure out a way to slowly whittle away his health but the fight takes fucking forever and I'm close to death.  I eventually kill him and hop on his cycle.  This was all a miserable experience that took an hour + at this point.

I'm on the cycle and I ride out of the damn garage.  Of course Dead Rising doesn't have any save besides these save points, so I'm heading towards the nearest one.  I'm going across the park, not really in any danger besides a few zombies, and I accidentaly hit a tree and I fly off and die.  I didn't throw a controller, I simply turned off Dead Rising and never played it again.  This issue with the save system had popped up plenty of times before but I wasn't having any more of the bullshit.  That game could have been great but had so many terrible design decisions.  Ugh.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Online competitive multiplayer. Pretty much any of it. I don't know why but I get ultra-competitive and when I die I just want to punch things. It's weird because I'm an ultra-non-competitive guy in literally everything else.

But if I had to say one of my latest controller throwing moment. Getting noscoped headshotted through a wall in Rundown on Modern Warfare 2.  I threw the control, turned off my PC and went to bed.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Brendan

Ninja Gaiden 2 on the hardest difficulty, last boss.  I threw the controller against my couch cushion so hard it flew across the entire room.  I was so shocked I chilled out immediately after.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Steve_C

Going for the big boss emblem in MGS4. The motorbike sequence in particular. It seems down to luck whether you survive through it on extreme difficulty, and having to line up perfect shots with the solar gun or you're screwed. I tried that section so many times. Playing through the start of that game before getting all my equipment was damn tricky too. Enemies will see you a mile away, and they'll hear you through a wall if you move any faster than a crawl.