Listings, sub listings, giant librarian monster of doom

tarwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tarwin

Ok, silly title, but serious topic. I've only just started to look at this site, so hack me down if I'm totally wrong, please.

I saw a post on the forums about a "Gameboy Advanced port of Ramyan", and a request for it to be deleted because it was "just a port". I was looking around and can't find anywhere that things such as releases are listed.

Best example I can think of is Mario 3 which turns up on the NES, on SNES as a compilation and on the Game Boy Advanced, but is essentially the same game.

There's always the way books are starting to do it if no ones looked at that yet ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FRBR

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

We have a releases system on wiki pages. Along the menu to the left of the page is an option simply called "Releases". Here is the releases page for Super Mario Bros. 3. As you can see, it is not as fleshed out as it should be. The releases page is generally a much underused part of the site. It is probably due to not being featured very prominently.

As you may know, Giant Bomb got a site redesign a couple of months ago. In the original Mock-up for this redesign (which you can see here) the releases were featured much more prominently. While this didn't make it into the actual redesign, I'd like to see something like this added in the future. Maybe not right at the top like you can see on the mock up, but seeing that releases box somewhere down the right hand side of the page would be cool.

And also, welcome to the site duder. Hope you like it here.