Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Daily Telegraph

By Jessica Salter
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 20/08/2008

A five-year-old boy used his grandfather's eBay login details to bid nearly £200,000 for a second hand Nintendo Wii.

Archie Lovett was on the internet site looking for toys when he bid for the game console, which costs under £200 brand new.

His grandfather Ray Atkinson, 54, only found out what had happened after he received an email asking him for £197,654.

Mr Atkinson said: "I couldn't believe it when I saw how much I needed to pay. I then realised that it was Archie." He emailed the seller and explained the situation.

"He was very understanding, although before he put the phone down he did ask if I still wanted it."

Mr Atkinson believes his grandson, who already has a Nintendo Wii, learnt how to use the site after watching him buy and sell items.

He said :"We have seen the funny side of this, but I have told Archie he cannot do it again.

"It does show how clever he is."

Archie's mother, Leanne Lovett, 31, of Thornaby, Stockton-On-Tees, said her son once also nearly submitted a bid for an old car, but was stopped by his parents before he could complete his transaction.

Mrs Lovett said: "He said he only wanted the games but the problem is he doesn't understand money. "He thinks they cost very little or are free.

A spokeswoman for eBay said: "This case is very unusual and he is obviously a very clever boy. We are glad it has all been sorted out."

source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2008/08/20/dlwii120.xml

I hope the little mite gets his Wii in the end, he should do with all this publicity :D

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whackmypinata

It says he already has a Wii, lol.
Good read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

What a great deal!! Lucky chap, such a steal!

/sarca-yeah...

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By twenty0ne

Someone will be in debt when they're older...

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite

"He's such a clever boy"

Yeah right. He learns how to press some buttons, and then tries to buy something for 200,000.