Little big Calculator- Very impressive!!!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate
Yeah it's a game, but, the ability to create logic switches with mechanical operation means this can happen. Some french guy has made a fully functioning addition/subtraction calculator, very impressive stuff, and one that probably ought to be shown in every classroom in the country 

I've got this level hearted, so you can find it via my profile on LBP, and if you're really interested, copy it to your own moon to discover it's inner workings. Just goes to show how advanced LBP can actually be.
Seriously - you need to check out how complex this thing is

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Lies

That contraption is freaking amazing.

Saw it earlier, and all I could think was "Wow."

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

.....How in the hell do you get that to work?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

I've got a calculator right here. The 9/11 levels were more impressive.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AaronBelfast

I saw this a while ago. While it looks good, it's just a useless feature. I mean really? Who actually does maths questions that easy.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

that dude needs to get out more

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By shotaro

impressive but - If they can get one of these to work I will be truly impressed.

Difference Engine
Difference Engine
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

My mind = blown.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

Holy fucking shit...... Tha-That's unbelievable.

I take back everything I said about that game and now I want to play it but I can't....

:(

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Hamz

Little Big Planet definately GOTY 2008 for me, haters be damned!

This game just looks so awesome, words cannot describe how i feel about this game.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shawn

Copy and Paste from your other topic:

The power source was amazing, I wonder how he did it, as in was that huge tower of wires and stuff actually needed to make the calculator work?

If so, damn.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"I've got a calculator right here. The 9/11 levels were more impressive."

What?
Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zebadee

I saw this today while playing, freaking insane.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
Shawn said:
"Copy and Paste from your other topic:

The power source was amazing, I wonder how he did it, as in was that huge tower of wires and stuff actually needed to make the calculator work?

If so, damn."
Yeah sorry bout that other topic, chrome mustve glitched me out
shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shotaro
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

do you honestly mean what I think you mean?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead
Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

do you honestly mean what I think you mean?"
Yeah. They were up on YouTube but I can't seem to find them now.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MKHavoc

I really wish I owned a ps3.

cjmhockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cjmhockey

Wow!! That is unbelievable.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shotaro
HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

Yeah. They were up on YouTube but I can't seem to find them now."
not surprised....
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
Shotaro said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

not surprised...."
Here they are:

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MisterSpiffy
HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmPlSD2bRE

This game is soooo amazing (not because of the video I posted)!

Edit: Darn, too slow.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

not surprised...."
Here they are:

"

That's disgusting.
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZeroCast

That is just freaking genius, he used the original concept of a calculator and implemented it in the game, unbelievable.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

not surprised...."
Here they are:

"

That's disgusting."
Grow up.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
sidescroller said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Shotaro said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

What?"
/seconded

not surprised...."
Here they are:

"

That's disgusting."
Grow up."
Grow up?

Because he's offended by a terrorist action recreated for the sake of entertainment?

YOU grow up."
It's hardly showing mangled bodies flying everywhere and firemen getting crushed under the building. It's just some dick trying to be funny with a cute little LittleBigPlanet level. If you find that disgusting, then you really need a reality check.
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Subway

The first 9/11 one was awesome tbh.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By whackmypinata
HandsomeDead said:
 It's hardly showing mangled bodies flying everywhere and firemen getting crushed under the building. It's just some dick trying to be funny with a cute little LittleBigPlanet level. If you find that disgusting, then you really need a reality check."
If it's some dick, then why are you defending him? Of course it's fucking disgusting, recreating a tragedy where people lost many family members? Who wants to be reminded of that? You need the reality check, man.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead
whackmypinata said:
"HandsomeDead said:
 It's hardly showing mangled bodies flying everywhere and firemen getting crushed under the building. It's just some dick trying to be funny with a cute little LittleBigPlanet level. If you find that disgusting, then you really need a reality check."
If it's some dick, then why are you defending him? Of course it's fucking disgusting, recreating a tragedy where people lost many family members? Who wants to be reminded of that? You need the reality check, man."
Who said I'm defending him? Though, it's hard to back people who are offended by something that's trying to hard to be offensive. Also, why is this so disgusting and disgraceful when stuff like Medal of Honor recreating the Normandy landings where many men lost their lives is OK? A little cartoon guy flying a toy plane into two blue boxes is disgusting but EA plainstakingly recreating Pearl Harbour is fine, right? It's all about perspective and you have none.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaPirate

Its still pretty amazing the ideas people will come up with in order to utilise the toolset they are given tho - whether in bad taste or not

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Meowayne
whackmypinata said:
"Of course it's fucking disgusting, recreating a tragedy where people lost many family members? Who wants to be reminded of that? You need the reality check, man."
So, how many WWII shooters have you played?
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Absurd
HandsomeDead said:
"whackmypinata said:
"HandsomeDead said:
If it's some dick, then why are you defending him? Of course it's fucking disgusting, recreating a tragedy where people lost many family members? Who wants to be reminded of that? You need the reality check, man."
Who said I'm defending him? Though, it's hard to back people who are offended by something that's trying to hard to be offensive. Also, why is this so disgusting and disgraceful when stuff like Medal of Honor recreating the Normandy landings where many men lost their lives is OK? A little cartoon guy flying a toy plane into two blue boxes is disgusting but EA plainstakingly recreating Pearl Harbour is fine, right? It's all about perspective and you have none."
Win
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"sidescroller said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"BiggerBomb said:
That's disgusting."
Grow up."
Grow up?

Because he's offended by a terrorist action recreated for the sake of entertainment?

YOU grow up."

I need to grow up? I need a reality check? Really?

Where do you live? The UK, right. Do you know where I live? New York. I think that I have every reason to be offended by some callous recreation of a horrific event that tore this country apart and destroyed countless families, many of them in my community. My dad was in the city that day and had to walk from Manhattan to Long Island, now I don't know if you know the geography of New York...

But that is one fucking long trek. The entire time the city was in chaos around him with smoke and fire in the air. Now some douche bag makes a puppet show of 9/11 and actually crashes into the buildings, twice no less, and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm supposed to think it is funny?

You're the one that needs the reality check. While you're at it, shut the fuck up.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"sidescroller said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"BiggerBomb said:
That's disgusting."
Grow up."
Grow up?

YOU grow up."

Where do you live? The UK, right. Do you know where I live? New York. I think that I have every reason to be offended by some callous recreation of a horrific event that tore this country apart and destroyed countless families, many of them in my community. My dad was in the city that day and had to walk from Manhattan to Long Island, now I don't know if you know the geography of New York...

But that is one fucking long trek. The entire time the city was in chaos around him with smoke and fire in the air. Now some douche bag makes a puppet show of 9/11 and actually crashes into the buildings, twice no less, and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm supposed to think it is funny?

You're the one that needs the reality check. While you're at it, shut the fuck up."
Yeah, I live in the UK, right, where terrorist attacks were relatively frequent for years with the IRA. In 1996 a shopping centre about 30 minutes drive from my house was blown up by a nailbomb, there was the 7/7 attacks recently as well as many many more over the years, so please don't act that because I live across the pond, I don't see any kind of domestic terrorism. Just because it's not always Al-Quaeda and we don't have persistant 'Never Forget' reminders doesn't mean i'm uneffected, but that is besides the point here. And yes, I will shed a tear for you.

The point is that you're letting someone get to you with something so shoddily done that any kind of similarity is basic. You're not supposed to think it's funny, no one here really does and the piss poor presentation means no one is impressed either. Had they put some work into it using the innovative level editor like having burning corpses or the towers falling vertical, then fine, be impressed, but for what they are the only people who are impressed of amused are the people who think Family Guy making AIDs jokes is funny.

I'm not the one who needs the reality check, you're the one who needs to grow a spine.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Patchinko

The calculator is badass.

The 9/11 thing is unoriginal and unfunny.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
Yeah, I live in the UK, right, where terrorist attacks were relatively frequent for years with the IRA. In 1996 a shopping centre about 30 minutes drive from my house was blown up by a nailbomb, there was the 7/7 attacks recently as well as many many more over the years, so please don't act that because I live across the pond, I don't see any kind of domestic terrorism. Just because it's not always Al-Quaeda and we don't have persistant 'Never Forget' reminders doesn't mean i'm uneffected, but that is besides the point here. And yes, I will shed a tear for you.

The point is that you're letting someone get to you with something so shoddily done that any kind of similarity is basic. You're not supposed to think it's funny, no one here really does and the piss poor presentation means no one is impressed either. Had they put some work into it using the innovative level editor like having burning corpses or the towers falling vertical, then fine, be impressed, but for what they are the only people who are impressed of amused are the people who think Family Guy making AIDs jokes is funny.

I'm not the one who needs the reality check, you're the one who needs to grow a spine."

I'm not going to argue this crap.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:

I'm not the one who needs the reality check, you're the one who needs to grow a spine."

I'm not going to argue this crap."
I'm surprised you never just posted a facepalm.
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shadow2K6
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"sidescroller said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"BiggerBomb said:
That's disgusting."
Grow up."
Grow up?

YOU grow up."

You're the one that needs the reality check. While you're at it, shut the fuck up."

Big Deal.  I grew up in Manhattan but you don't see me saying "disgusting".  Yeah people died, it was a disaster, it was sad.  Yes we all know.  I know first hand because I was in 7th grade and didn't live too far from the towers but come on.  Its obviously just crude humor.  Have you played any WWII games?  Pearl Harbor ring a bell? 
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Absurd

It looks like an awesome game if you're creative, I don't think I could play it for very long before getting bored though

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StaticFalconar
Shotaro said:
"impressive but - If they can get one of these to work I will be truly impressed.
Difference Engine
Difference Engine
"
Dude, thats what that machine's basically was about. WHen you zoom all the way out, it basically a circuit board made with vaccum tubes.