OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

Taken from CVG news :-

Media Molecule is "already at work" on a sequel to LittleBigPlanet, even before the game has officially launched.
That's according to the BBC in a recent article about British game development. 

"Even before the game has hit the shops, the team are already at work on a sequel," claims the article, which goes on to detail some of the fairly hefty plans Sony has for Sackboy including comics, cartoons, and action figures. 

We're currently awaiting a reply from Sony on the matter.

CVG was informed earlier this year that a PSP version of the game was in the works, and last month a job ad for a "PSP Game Engine Lead" programmer "to work on the development of exciting new LittleBigPlanet projects", would seem to have confirmed as much. 
Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yit

Wow. I hate these sequels to games that haven't even come out. LAME!

Of course, I'm just jealous of PS3 owners. I want LBP!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

To be honest, i think the bbc report (the only source for gaming info as we all know -_-) have just misquoted MM and got the wrong end of the stick

The psp game is a sure shot (apparently a portable level maker) but thats about as far as i can see them running with lbp - they couldnt really do enought to justify a sequel IMHO
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm not sure. In a recent episode of the Gamespot UK podcast one of the dudes went to see Media Molecule at their offices, and they were talking about it. He said they were working on DLC. A BBC reporter being part of the mainstream media doesn't have as much knowledge about the industry, and DLC and that sort of stuff, so if he/she went to the MM offices and saw them hard at work, and they said it's DLC, he might have assumed it was a sequel.

Although in the long term I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything about it for a while.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mr_registered

I agree with MattyFTM, the story was probably whipped up as a bit of fluff to break up the 'proper' news. Though speaking of DLC, anyone else hoping that we're not going to see something like 'LBP: ikea Furniture! for only £9.99!!'?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate
mr_registered said:
"I agree with MattyFTM, the story was probably whipped up as a bit of fluff to break up the 'proper' news. Though speaking of DLC, anyone else hoping that we're not going to see something like 'LBP: ikea Furniture! for only £9.99!!'?"
If this goers anywhere near the sims/spore fiasco route i will cry salty tears of bitter despair
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru
comics, cartoons, and action figures.

They should work on making better plushies. The fan made ones looked better than the official ones. The official ones looked weird. But... A cartoon? :/ I don't know how that would work... Eh...

I'm not really liking the sound of all this stuff though, it kinda makes me think that the originality of LBP will be lost in all these expansions, etc. I don't think a PSP game is a bad idea, but any more than that feels kinda weird to me.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By atejas

Point being...?
This is like Spore 2 or something. They should just work on enhancing the existing game with DLC and patches.