Livestreams/Premium Content Without Alcohol

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hello all I'm a 23 year old recovering alcoholic (starting life off strong haha) and I love watching streams but seeing people drink is a major trigger right now and I was wondering if people could post their favourite streams that don't contain drinking. I just finished going through all the Random PC Games and am caught up on Vinnyvania and Metal Gear Scanlon so I'm wondering about maybe some gems from the past that I'm forgetting. Thanks for your help duders

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I don't think any of the East Coast guys drink anything other than a coffee in the Playdate videos for Until Dawn or Contradiction.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wouldn't the answer be "Everything except unprofessional fridays and maybe live shows"? (honest question, as far as i remember only UPFs are heavy on the alcohol because, you know, them drinking on those seems still like a HUGE exception being still a supposedly professional work enviroment)

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any of the Breaking Brads include the stuff.

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By wallofbricks

All the endurance runs should be dry counties.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frybird said:

Wouldn't the answer be "Everything except unprofessional fridays and maybe live shows"? (honest question, as far as i remember only UPFs are heavy on the alcohol because, you know, them drinking on those seems still like a HUGE exception being still a supposedly professional work enviroment)

A lot of the older content too has alcohol in it, mainly because of the open bar in the Whiskey Media Offices.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strap in, you've got a seven-hour Destiny raid to watch.

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I'm a big fan of the weird Mario Board Game they quicklooked and I just remembered about the series Kessler did on horror games that I enjoyed and definitely need to get on that Destiny raid @jaymii And yeah I've been a member since the Whiskey Media days so I used to love the parties and people getting loose drinking but right now I can't enjoy them without being on edge but would like to see more of that era. Duders are the best

Rastopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rastopher

@zecks23: Good on you for taking steps to put yourself in a better place, man! It's not easy, but it's totally worth it! I'm a recovering addict myself and I can say you're definitely doing the right thing trying to avoid your triggers.

That being said, I'm pretty sure there's no alcohol in the Unplugged videos either (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlue

@rastopher: The Avalon one you posted doesn't, but the Pathfinder Unplugged ones do have alcohol.

The Endurance Runs, Loud our Lasts, and Random PC games don't have any simply because no one is shown on camera.

And hey, good for you and best of luck staying strong.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd probably recommend checking out the 24 hour extra life content. I'm sure they stayed away from the alcohol cause of how long they had to stay up.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jaymii: Didn't Brad have a drink at some point during that?

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

@jaymii: Didn't Brad have a drink at some point during that?

Only energy drinks, I thought? I might have missed it. Sorry for the answer, if that's the case!

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@zecks23: Congrats for taking the step to a better life! You are starting strong because you realized early enough in life you needed help and are working through it. Unfortunately any stream that goes into the evening seems to lend to them drinking. Dan is kinda the most proliffic so that will usually be a red flag. And Ryan enjoyed his whiskey on set too............. Thursday night throwdowns tended to be sober affairs. Qlcrew.com will be a handy tool.

And if you can stomach it the final Burnout Paradise TNT is amazing and horrifying.

Hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend!

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@hassun: I've made an abridged version, no drinks to be found!

Loading Video...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wallofbricks: Ah so that was you! Adding the song tracks to the description was a good idea.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People have pretty much already said all the suggestions I could think of on this. I wish you luck in the future dude! Hang in there! =)

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the well wishes and videos everybody - 2 weeks sober now still chugging along and switched to nicotine patches yesterday from cigarettes so hopefully I'll keep making progress - Love the giant bomb community!