Local Multiplayer games?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I'm going to be around a bunch of relatives during a family reunion in 2 weeks and I want to get some couch multiplayer going. Anyone got a good list of the noteworthy local multiplayer games? I'm currently planning on HDMIing my laptop into a TV for this which unfortunately rules Sports Friends out since it's apparently not on PC yet.

So the games I can think of off the top of my head excluding retro games are Niddhogg, Gang Beasts (which is free to download), Divekick (which I have) and Samurai Gunn. Not really interested in Towerfall, not sure where I can find... HAWAHG that game where you bide your time until the world ends, or if's a good game for this sort of thing. Starwhal I guess is an option but they didn't seem terribly thrilled by it. The PC version of You Don't Know Jack doesn't have controller support so that's out... That game where 3 players are monsters and 1 player is a player could be good, though maybe it'd be a little long.

I'm hoping to get together some games with relatively short rounds that can be dumb fun and get people in and out relatively fast. I think Niddhogg, Gang Beasts, Divekick and Samurai Gunn fit that description. I'd love to know if there are more I'm overlooking. Also if someone had a list of local coop games of this ilk that'd be rad to know about.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bluefish

Nobody gives two shits about it but if you can find a copy, BLUR is one hell of a 4 player split-screen game.

It's like Mario Kart but with an actual driving model, great balance, a great sense of speed and very customizable local multiplayer.

Seriously, it's pretty fantastic.

I guess double check if it's got split-screen on PC because I'm not sure.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Castle Crashers is pretty great as is Battleblock.

codenamelenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By codenamelenny

Double Dragon Neon is a pretty good beat-em-up. Sonic and all-stars racing transformed is a decent mario kart alternative on steam.

Browse this steam page for more ideas: Local multiplayer

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Trials Evolution / Fusion. Supercross tracks are fun for 4 players simultaneously and you can try and beat each others times on the other tracks.