LOL I'm totally a supernerd

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

After watching a lot of Spike TV for the past two days, this video couldn't be more spot-on.

What do you guys think, so this thread won't be locked up? Are you also noticing this pattern of attractive girls being completely out of place in deep cable coverage of tech/games?

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dillonwerner

That was tough to watch

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

I don't get it...

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

"I'm a hot girl who happens to be a total geek".

I hope a lighting rig falls on top of her.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Wow, it pretty much is spot on. Thank god I never watch Spike except during E3.

Also, this reminds me of G4 and that chick from IGN as well.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DoctorDanger99

my girlfriend flips her shit allmost everytime theres a girl talking about video games. she screams "you dont play games! you just give blowjobs and got on tv!"

she has the hardest time beliving girls beside her play video games lol

buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buzz_killington

@DillonWerner said:

That was tough to watch

I...

@Hitchenson said:

"I'm a hot girl who happens to be a total geek".

I hope a lighting rig falls on top of her.

Whaaa....

It's on FUNNY OR DIE people! FUNNY or Die! IT'S A FUCKING PARODY DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT? JESUS....

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

@buzz_killington: Yes, you do. I don't watch shit videos. Parodies tend to try and be funny, that was just teeth grindingly awful.

buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buzz_killington

@Hitchenson said:

@buzz_killington: Yes, you do. I don't watch shit videos.

Well, that makes total sense.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nohthink

Okay, NOW I understand why they brought hot girls in Ubisoft press conference. (sarcasm)

sigh... what the hell man....

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kmdrkul

"Lets take some questions from the Twittersphere..."

Yup. Spot on with Spike TV this year. Who were those bimbos?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

That was fun. FoD videos are fun.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By phrosnite

Didn't watch it and I don't think she is a nerd. BBT hasn't been good in a long time also...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee

I chuckled a little.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ashleychittock

I swear she was more attractive a few years ago.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

I was too busy masterbating to laugh, but it was alright I guess.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karl_Boss

So true.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

@Hitchenson: Yeah, it was awful....and THAT was the point.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By breadfan

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By galacticgravy

That was goddamn amazing. All the retro stuff in the background and all. Fucking hysterical and spot-on for parody.

SOOO RETRO GAMING GAMER GURL

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stryker1121

Made me laugh, good bit of satire right there. Nothing like pandering to the drooling masses and insulting the rest of us. PSP licking aside of course ;)

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Winternet

Hey guys, being a parody doesn't mean it's funny.

She is hot though, so who cares.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#23  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Breadfan said:

Choose the chicken and the threesome Larry!

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arker101

I cringed, but I didn't chuckle.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cookiemonster

What was it parodying? I don't really get it.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaLe

My WoW guild leader was a pretty hot Swedish female. She was seriously hardcore. So, they do exist.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By murisan

@Mageman: Thanks for that!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Justin258

@CaLe said:

My WoW guild leader was a pretty hot Swedish female. She was seriously hardcore. So, they do exist.

Nobody's denying their existence, it just gets to be a little blatant that the girls they get on TV don't seem to play video games. They might play Call of Duty with their boyfriend and some Sims on the side, but they don't play videogames.

Frankly, though, I should mention that it seems like a lot of the male ones don't much either. They're both reading off of a shitty script.

buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By buzz_killington

@CookieMonster said:

If you've watched Spike, G4, and other such media outlets for more than 5 minutes you know what it's parodying.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By artofwar420

@believer258: CoD and Sims are video games bro.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Justin258

@artofwar420 said:

I know, you should reread my post. I meant that they play some video games, but they don't play video games. Do you not understand the difference?

Ah, what I'm saying is that they are familiar with some of the best-selling games and could tell you what an Xbox is, but they have no real interest in the medium beyond using it as an occasional time killer. It's like someone reading one Batman comic and saying they're a fan of comic book movies or watching two episodes of Dragonball Z and saying they love anime.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By stinky

@buzz_killington said:

@CookieMonster said:

If you've watched Spike, G4, and other such media outlets for more than 5 minutes you know what it's parodying.

or E3 2012.

spot on, thanks for the link.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jacdg

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

I know, you should reread my post. I meant that they play some video games, but they don't play video games. Do you not understand the difference?

Ah, what I'm saying is that they are familiar with some of the best-selling games and could tell you what an Xbox is, but they have no real interest in the medium beyond using it as an occasional time killer. It's like someone reading one Batman comic and saying they're a fan of comic book movies or watching two episodes of Dragonball Z and saying they love anime.

So what, if they just enjoy those games and use them for time fillers, I do that same shit too, if I had more plans I wouldn't be playing anything than Fifa, doesn't mean I don't like other games. Those girls, like Ijustine, are still "gamers", it doesn't make them less valuable than people who plays all the obscure shit, rating people based on what they like is elitist and stupid, and that's basically what you are doing. The way some attractive women is used in the media and this industry is pretty disgusting, but it's normal other places too, why do you think Megan Fox has a career?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I laughed at the bit about listening to the Step Up 2: The Streets soundtrack.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Justin258

@JacDG said:

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

So what, if they just enjoy those games and use them for time fillers, I do that same shit too, if I had more plans I wouldn't be playing anything than Fifa, doesn't mean I don't like other games. Those girls, like Ijustine, are still "gamers", it doesn't make them less valuable than people who plays all the obscure shit, rating people based on what they like is elitist and stupid, and that's basically what you are doing. The way some attractive women is used in the media and this industry is pretty disgusting, but it's normal other places too, why do you think Megan Fox has a career?

Yeah, but if you don't *really* have a big interest in the industry then you probably shouldn't be reporting in it. And I have nothing against people who just use a game as a 20 minute timekiller or something, I'm saying that if all you've played are a few sports games or a round of CoD or some of the Sims, you shouldn't be reporting on the ENTIRE INDUSTRY.

Again, original post. I mentioned that sometimes men who are presenting these things sound just as bored as a lot of the women do.

Also, ironically Megan Fox plays video games. To what extent, I don't know, but I have heard several times that she at least plays Halo.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jay444111

@believer258 said:

@CaLe said:

Nobody's denying their existence, it just gets to be a little blatant that the girls they get on TV don't seem to play video games. They might play Call of Duty with their boyfriend and some Sims on the side, but they don't play videogames.

Frankly, though, I should mention that it seems like a lot of the male ones don't much either. They're both reading off of a shitty script.

I am willing to defend Geoff Kieghley or whatever his name is, and Adam Sessler. Those two guys were the only two guys on TV that actually did play video games on a video game show/channel.

Although I am willing to admit that Morgan Webb is also a gamer, she isn't a good host though. Sessler was basically the only reason to ever watch X-play, now that he is gone I don't think anyone cares anymore.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

I've always wondered how to pronounce her last name, and now I know :)

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Morrow

@DoctorDanger99 said:

my girlfriend flips her shit allmost everytime theres a girl talking about video games. she screams "you dont play games! you just give blowjobs and got on tv!"

Ouch! Sounds like your girlfriend is stuck-up and has some issues with her self-worth... and doesn't want other girls/women beside her. It's quite bitter to assume all pretty women take the cheap and easy path of life and "give blowjobs"... pretty low. Women should stick together instead of stabbing themselves into their backs, seriously.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jay444111

@Morrow said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

Ouch! Sounds like your girlfriend is stuck-up and has some issues with her self-worth... and doesn't want other girls/women beside her. It's quite bitter to assume all pretty women take the cheap and easy path of life and "give blowjobs"... pretty low. Women should stick together instead of stabbing themselves into their backs, seriously.

You gotta admit though, the only reason they even get on TV for video game stuff IS because they are attractive. Not because they play video games... Kinda like big city gamestops...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By artofwar420

@believer258: If you find someone is not credible just don't watch/listen to them. Everyone is free to do as they please even if it's shitty.

G_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By G_Locke

That was pretty spot on actually. When I had a FB I had a few friends from school who were big CoD players, and when they got girlfriends that were willing to play with them, they were all over the "my girlfriend's a gamer <3" thing too

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By l4wd0g

It like girls who have those shirts that say, "I *heart* Nerds." No you don't. You love hot guys in glasses. How many of those girls hang out at the engineering dept of your school?

Anyway, Jessica Chobot made her career as a cougar. So, you know, boobs not brains.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Justin258

@artofwar420 said:

@believer258: If you find someone is not credible just don't watch/listen to them. Everyone is free to do as they please even if it's shitty.

Oh, I don't. I was just giving my opinion on the matter.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By JasonR86

Hey look it's G4!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jacdg

@believer258 said:

@JacDG said:

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

Yeah, but if you don't *really* have a big interest in the industry then you probably shouldn't be reporting in it. And I have nothing against people who just use a game as a 20 minute timekiller or something, I'm saying that if all you've played are a few sports games or a round of CoD or some of the Sims, you shouldn't be reporting on the ENTIRE INDUSTRY.

Again, original post. I mentioned that sometimes men who are presenting these things sound just as bored as a lot of the women do.

Also, ironically Megan Fox plays video games. To what extent, I don't know, but I have heard several times that she at least plays Halo.

I am interested in the industry, and I am sure a lot of girls mentioned do in some shape or another, but there's a difference between reading out tweets and reporting on the news, and actively discussing, writing and analyzing the event in depth, not all news anchors are interested in the stuff they are reporting on either Sure, I've seen some of those dumb interviews, Olivia Munn interviewing Jaffe comes to mind, but generally I have no problem whatsoever with the women on screen, unless of course they don't know how to do their job, whatever that may be, but that is not gender specific, a lot of the male hosts/reporters are just as questionable, at least at certain places.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Justin258

@JacDG said:

a lot of the male hosts/reporters are just as questionable, at least at certain places.

I haven't been angry yet, but will you fucking read my original post? I fucking said this already. I said it twice unless my mind is fooling me!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PeasantAbuse

All I know is that Morgan Webb is a fucking babe.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kmdrkul

@Morrow said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

Or she is just being catty. No need to make sweeping assumptions about his girlfriends' character.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By evanbower

@ashleychittock said:

I swear she was more attractive a few years ago.

So was Elizabeth Taylor. That's usually how it works.