• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

After watching a lot of Spike TV for the past two days, this video couldn't be more spot-on.

What do you guys think, so this thread won't be locked up? Are you also noticing this pattern of attractive girls being completely out of place in deep cable coverage of tech/games?

#2 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

That was tough to watch

#3 Posted by Kidavenger (3512 posts) -

I don't get it...

#4 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

"I'm a hot girl who happens to be a total geek".

I hope a lighting rig falls on top of her.

#5 Edited by JJOR64 (18913 posts) -

Wow, it pretty much is spot on. Thank god I never watch Spike except during E3.

Also, this reminds me of G4 and that chick from IGN as well.

#6 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

my girlfriend flips her shit allmost everytime theres a girl talking about video games. she screams "you dont play games! you just give blowjobs and got on tv!"

she has the hardest time beliving girls beside her play video games lol

#7 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

@DillonWerner said:

That was tough to watch

I...

@Hitchenson said:

"I'm a hot girl who happens to be a total geek".

I hope a lighting rig falls on top of her.

Whaaa....

It's on FUNNY OR DIE people! FUNNY or Die! IT'S A FUCKING PARODY DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT? JESUS....

#8 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@buzz_killington: Yes, you do. I don't watch shit videos. Parodies tend to try and be funny, that was just teeth grindingly awful.

#9 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@buzz_killington: Yes, you do. I don't watch shit videos.

Well, that makes total sense.

#10 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Okay, NOW I understand why they brought hot girls in Ubisoft press conference. (sarcasm)

sigh... what the hell man....

#11 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

"Lets take some questions from the Twittersphere..."

Yup. Spot on with Spike TV this year. Who were those bimbos?

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

That was fun. FoD videos are fun.

#13 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Didn't watch it and I don't think she is a nerd. BBT hasn't been good in a long time also...

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

I chuckled a little.

#15 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

I swear she was more attractive a few years ago.

#16 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

I was too busy masterbating to laugh, but it was alright I guess.

#17 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

So true.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

@Hitchenson: Yeah, it was awful....and THAT was the point.

#19 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

#20 Edited by GalacticGravy (545 posts) -

That was goddamn amazing. All the retro stuff in the background and all. Fucking hysterical and spot-on for parody.

SOOO RETRO GAMING GAMER GURL

#21 Edited by stryker1121 (1355 posts) -

Made me laugh, good bit of satire right there. Nothing like pandering to the drooling masses and insulting the rest of us. PSP licking aside of course ;)

#22 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

Hey guys, being a parody doesn't mean it's funny.

She is hot though, so who cares.

#23 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Choose the chicken and the threesome Larry!

#24 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I cringed, but I didn't chuckle.

#25 Edited by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

What was it parodying? I don't really get it.

#26 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -
@CookieMonster said:

I think it was mocking the fact that female celebrities get invited to video game events, shows, etc not because they played one or two games and think they know all about videogames, but because they are popular or hot.

EDIT: But it wasn't really funny.
#27 Posted by CaLe (3916 posts) -

My WoW guild leader was a pretty hot Swedish female. She was seriously hardcore. So, they do exist.

#28 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Mageman: Thanks for that!

#29 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@CaLe said:

My WoW guild leader was a pretty hot Swedish female. She was seriously hardcore. So, they do exist.

Nobody's denying their existence, it just gets to be a little blatant that the girls they get on TV don't seem to play video games. They might play Call of Duty with their boyfriend and some Sims on the side, but they don't play videogames.

Frankly, though, I should mention that it seems like a lot of the male ones don't much either. They're both reading off of a shitty script.

#30 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

If you've watched Spike, G4, and other such media outlets for more than 5 minutes you know what it's parodying.

#31 Posted by artofwar420 (6261 posts) -

@believer258: CoD and Sims are video games bro.

#32 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@artofwar420 said:

I know, you should reread my post. I meant that they play some video games, but they don't play video games. Do you not understand the difference?

Ah, what I'm saying is that they are familiar with some of the best-selling games and could tell you what an Xbox is, but they have no real interest in the medium beyond using it as an occasional time killer. It's like someone reading one Batman comic and saying they're a fan of comic book movies or watching two episodes of Dragonball Z and saying they love anime.

#33 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

@buzz_killington said:

@CookieMonster said:

If you've watched Spike, G4, and other such media outlets for more than 5 minutes you know what it's parodying.

or E3 2012.

spot on, thanks for the link.

#34 Edited by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

I know, you should reread my post. I meant that they play some video games, but they don't play video games. Do you not understand the difference?

Ah, what I'm saying is that they are familiar with some of the best-selling games and could tell you what an Xbox is, but they have no real interest in the medium beyond using it as an occasional time killer. It's like someone reading one Batman comic and saying they're a fan of comic book movies or watching two episodes of Dragonball Z and saying they love anime.

So what, if they just enjoy those games and use them for time fillers, I do that same shit too, if I had more plans I wouldn't be playing anything than Fifa, doesn't mean I don't like other games. Those girls, like Ijustine, are still "gamers", it doesn't make them less valuable than people who plays all the obscure shit, rating people based on what they like is elitist and stupid, and that's basically what you are doing. The way some attractive women is used in the media and this industry is pretty disgusting, but it's normal other places too, why do you think Megan Fox has a career?

#35 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

I laughed at the bit about listening to the Step Up 2: The Streets soundtrack.

#36 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

So what, if they just enjoy those games and use them for time fillers, I do that same shit too, if I had more plans I wouldn't be playing anything than Fifa, doesn't mean I don't like other games. Those girls, like Ijustine, are still "gamers", it doesn't make them less valuable than people who plays all the obscure shit, rating people based on what they like is elitist and stupid, and that's basically what you are doing. The way some attractive women is used in the media and this industry is pretty disgusting, but it's normal other places too, why do you think Megan Fox has a career?

Yeah, but if you don't *really* have a big interest in the industry then you probably shouldn't be reporting in it. And I have nothing against people who just use a game as a 20 minute timekiller or something, I'm saying that if all you've played are a few sports games or a round of CoD or some of the Sims, you shouldn't be reporting on the ENTIRE INDUSTRY.

Again, original post. I mentioned that sometimes men who are presenting these things sound just as bored as a lot of the women do.

Also, ironically Megan Fox plays video games. To what extent, I don't know, but I have heard several times that she at least plays Halo.

#37 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@CaLe said:

Nobody's denying their existence, it just gets to be a little blatant that the girls they get on TV don't seem to play video games. They might play Call of Duty with their boyfriend and some Sims on the side, but they don't play videogames.

Frankly, though, I should mention that it seems like a lot of the male ones don't much either. They're both reading off of a shitty script.

I am willing to defend Geoff Kieghley or whatever his name is, and Adam Sessler. Those two guys were the only two guys on TV that actually did play video games on a video game show/channel.

Although I am willing to admit that Morgan Webb is also a gamer, she isn't a good host though. Sessler was basically the only reason to ever watch X-play, now that he is gone I don't think anyone cares anymore.

#38 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

I've always wondered how to pronounce her last name, and now I know :)

#39 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99 said:

my girlfriend flips her shit allmost everytime theres a girl talking about video games. she screams "you dont play games! you just give blowjobs and got on tv!"

Ouch! Sounds like your girlfriend is stuck-up and has some issues with her self-worth... and doesn't want other girls/women beside her. It's quite bitter to assume all pretty women take the cheap and easy path of life and "give blowjobs"... pretty low. Women should stick together instead of stabbing themselves into their backs, seriously.

#40 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

Ouch! Sounds like your girlfriend is stuck-up and has some issues with her self-worth... and doesn't want other girls/women beside her. It's quite bitter to assume all pretty women take the cheap and easy path of life and "give blowjobs"... pretty low. Women should stick together instead of stabbing themselves into their backs, seriously.

You gotta admit though, the only reason they even get on TV for video game stuff IS because they are attractive. Not because they play video games... Kinda like big city gamestops...

#41 Posted by artofwar420 (6261 posts) -

@believer258: If you find someone is not credible just don't watch/listen to them. Everyone is free to do as they please even if it's shitty.

#42 Posted by G_Locke (11 posts) -

That was pretty spot on actually. When I had a FB I had a few friends from school who were big CoD players, and when they got girlfriends that were willing to play with them, they were all over the "my girlfriend's a gamer <3" thing too

#43 Posted by l4wd0g (1912 posts) -

It like girls who have those shirts that say, "I *heart* Nerds." No you don't. You love hot guys in glasses. How many of those girls hang out at the engineering dept of your school?

Anyway, Jessica Chobot made her career as a cougar. So, you know, boobs not brains.

#44 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@artofwar420 said:

@believer258: If you find someone is not credible just don't watch/listen to them. Everyone is free to do as they please even if it's shitty.

Oh, I don't. I was just giving my opinion on the matter.

#45 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

Hey look it's G4!

#46 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@JacDG said:

@believer258 said:

@artofwar420 said:

Yeah, but if you don't *really* have a big interest in the industry then you probably shouldn't be reporting in it. And I have nothing against people who just use a game as a 20 minute timekiller or something, I'm saying that if all you've played are a few sports games or a round of CoD or some of the Sims, you shouldn't be reporting on the ENTIRE INDUSTRY.

Again, original post. I mentioned that sometimes men who are presenting these things sound just as bored as a lot of the women do.

Also, ironically Megan Fox plays video games. To what extent, I don't know, but I have heard several times that she at least plays Halo.

I am interested in the industry, and I am sure a lot of girls mentioned do in some shape or another, but there's a difference between reading out tweets and reporting on the news, and actively discussing, writing and analyzing the event in depth, not all news anchors are interested in the stuff they are reporting on either Sure, I've seen some of those dumb interviews, Olivia Munn interviewing Jaffe comes to mind, but generally I have no problem whatsoever with the women on screen, unless of course they don't know how to do their job, whatever that may be, but that is not gender specific, a lot of the male hosts/reporters are just as questionable, at least at certain places.

#47 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@JacDG said:

a lot of the male hosts/reporters are just as questionable, at least at certain places.

I haven't been angry yet, but will you fucking read my original post? I fucking said this already. I said it twice unless my mind is fooling me!

#48 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

All I know is that Morgan Webb is a fucking babe.

#49 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@DoctorDanger99 said:

Or she is just being catty. No need to make sweeping assumptions about his girlfriends' character.

#50 Edited by evanbower (1210 posts) -

@ashleychittock said:

I swear she was more attractive a few years ago.

So was Elizabeth Taylor. That's usually how it works.