Looking for a new strategy game

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Stealthoneill

So as the title says, I am looking to pick up a strategy game for my PC. I havent played anything strategy wise on my pc since the days of Age Of Empires and the original Civ. I hear Civ 4 is awesome but I dont have the best computer so will it run on a medeocre system? (I have checked, all system requirements are met, only worry is ill mostly be playing on my laptop so graphics card may not handle it, what do you think?)

Or are there any others that you can recommened? Real time or turn based is good with me!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Civ 4 is great if you're into that classic turn-based strategy. If you like that, you might also try Gal Civ 2. A lot of people think it's the best turn-based strategy games ever made, but in my opinion its a little too deep and overwhelming. I also was really into Sins of a Solar Empire last year. I'm not usually into RTS games, but its slightly slower pace combined with 4X elements from games like Civ and GalCiv made it very appealing to me.

None of those games are all that demanding on PCs, so if you meet the minimum requirements you should be good to go.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Time_Lord

Civ 4 will run on Dam near any pc its awesome and cheap to. For other  older strategy games you can try war craft 3 and Rome Total war good games that will run on pc's that arent 10 years old.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Total Annihilation.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Total Annhilation
Emporer: Battle for Dune
Empire earth 1 and 2
Heroes of might and magic 1-5
Savage moon

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
Stealthoneill said:
"So as the title says, I am looking to pick up a strategy game for my PC. I havent played anything strategy wise on my pc since the days of Age Of Empires and the original Civ. I hear Civ 4 is awesome but I dont have the best computer so will it run on a medeocre system? (I have checked, all system requirements are met, only worry is ill mostly be playing on my laptop so graphics card may not handle it, what do you think?)Or are there any others that you can recommened? Real time or turn based is good with me!"

I've played a couple strategy games, but the only one that I really dedicated myself to was Rome: Total War. That game blew me out of the water. I heard that Medieval II: Total War is a great sequel, albeit a bit of a system hog; however, it was said to be a system hog when it came out a few years ago. I don't know what your exact computer situation is, so I guess I can't be of too much help. But, if it were up to me and my own personal experience, I would definitely go with Rome: Total War.

Also, if you ever think about upgrading your computer, you might want to check out Empire: Total War. Snide just posted (like...just) a review.

My 2c.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul

I suggest Europa Universalis 3.