Looking for Console Exclusives

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

After PC gaming for a long time I got a 360 for 100 bucks this BF. Now that I have it, I'm thinking, what the hell am I going to play on it? The 360-exclusive page of Wikipedia is useful, but what I really need (and haven't found) is a good list of console exclusives. Sure, I'll get the Halo pentalogy and the Gears quadruplogy, after that I'm not sure. The problem I have is, all the cool games I'm seeing, I already own on Steam. Mass Effect? Got it. Assassin's? Done. I don't see the point of playing them over again.

Right now I have a few random games swirling in my head, notably Read Dead and Vanquish. I could use a few more.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Bayonetta

Halo ODST and Reach are really great, can't recommend the mainline games though.

If you're going to play the Gears games don't play Judgement, it's bland even by GoW standards.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Pretty much anything on consoles that didn't come to the PC. The 360 seems to be the best place to play Bayonetta. As you said, Red Dead. XBLA might be a good place to look - Marathon Durandal got a pretty good port on there, Shadow Complex is supposed to be pretty great, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is on there. N+ and Geometry Wars. Fable 2 still isn't on the PC if you're interested in that game. I was halfway through typing Final Fantasy XIII before I remembered that there is a PC version of that.

Forza Horizon is an excellent racing game and I'd say it's a must. Project Gotham Racing 4 is fun. Burnout Revenge

Outland.

I don't know if Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is on PC, but it's pretty good. Prince of Persia 2008 is also a really good game.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Corevi

@believer258: Both Prince of Persia reboots are on PC but the Epilogue for PoP 08 is not.

Outland is on PC as well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@corevi said:

@believer258: Both Prince of Persia reboots are on PC but the Epilogue for PoP 08 is not.

Outland is on PC as well.

Ah. How's the Ubisoft DRM on both?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi

08 has Securom for the physical version and nothing for the Steam version.

Forgotten Sands uses Uplay.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ch3burashka

@corevi said:
@believer258 said:

08 has Securom for the physical version and nothing for the Steam version.

Forgotten Sands uses Uplay.

I can't remember all these sands!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gears of War is good. Halo 3 is good.

I'd say Bayonetta but it's better on Wii U....

But honestly if you're looking for good exclusives, the 360 is like the worst place for that.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears of War is good. Halo 3 is good.

I'd say Bayonetta but it's better on Wii U....

But honestly if you're looking for good exclusives, the 360 is like the worst place for that.

Bayonetta has been on this list three times.

And yeah, I was aware of that going in, but there's no reason not to have it. Like I said, I'm looking for console exclusives, and I'd rather use the 360 controller than the PS3 one.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Forza Horizon

Bangai HD (Nobody recommends this because no one has played it. Fools.)

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie (Dat 360 controller really makes a difference)

Perfect Dark (the XBLA remake, not Zero. Although Zero isn't as bad as people say)

Kameo (Honestly one of my favorite games by Rare. People who say Rare was dead when Microsoft got them are full of shit.)

Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax (Not sure if this came to PC. You should play it anyway)

Snoopy Flying Ace (Online is dead, but it's still fun with bots)

Shadow Complex

Halo Wars (This may or may not be worth playing, since you're apparently really invested in PC gaming you've probably played much more complex RTS games)

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By ez123

I can't think of too many multiplat games that aren't also on PC. Probably some sports games.

Stuff I haven't seen mentioned that are amazing: Ninja Gaiden 2, Nuts & Bolts, Crackdown, The Darkness, and Viva Pinata: TiP.

If Crash Course is still up on XBL, remember to download that for free.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Nothing I could think to add to this list. I know Bayonetta has been said by almost everyone, but I have to agree that it is the best game you can play on an Xbox 360 that you can't play on a PC. If Vanquish isn't on PC that is probably a good choice as well. Outside of Gears and Halo, though, I can't say my list of recommended 360 exclusives is very long. One of my favorite indie series that I feel like I enjoyed more than anyone else on the planet is the Dishwasher series. You play as a dishwasher (as in a person who washes dishes at a restaurant not an electronic dishwasher) who become this crazy ninja warrior. It's a 2D sidescrolling game but has super deep and fun combat.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#13  Edited By isomeri

Red Dead Redemption, Forza, Gears, Halo and a ton of stuff on Arcade like Shadow Complex. Also give Alan Wake a try if you haven't checked it out on PC yet.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Super Wagon Adventure, Forza Horizon 2, Max and the Curse of Brotherhood, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Lost Odyssey

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven10 said:

Nothing I could think to add to this list. I know Bayonetta has been said by almost everyone, but I have to agree that it is the best game you can play on an Xbox 360 that you can't play on a PC. If Vanquish isn't on PC that is probably a good choice as well. Outside of Gears and Halo, though, I can't say my list of recommended 360 exclusives is very long. One of my favorite indie series that I feel like I enjoyed more than anyone else on the planet is the Dishwasher series. You play as a dishwasher (as in a person who washes dishes at a restaurant not an electronic dishwasher) who become this crazy ninja warrior. It's a 2D sidescrolling game but has super deep and fun combat.

Speaking of XBLIG, there were a few organized events by the developers, Indie Games Uprising (3 across 2 summers and winters). I remember seeing some really cool shit, expecially that 3D snake game QRTHYL or something. I'll look into it and everyone else should too.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Give Nier a shot! I played it for the first time a couple of months ago. It's got OK combat, a really interesting story, and a phenomenal soundtrack.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By beargirl1
Quicklyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma are two great games still exclusive to consoles. The DLC chapters for Asura's Wrath are phenomenal.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip said:

Give Nier a shot! I played it for the first time a couple of months ago. It's got OK combat, a really interesting story, and a phenomenal soundtrack.

I listen to Hills of Radiant Wind every couple days. I recall some hubbub about the quality, but I think it'll be worth it. Was considering playing the previous Drakengard game(s) in that completionist, OCD kind of way, but that's probably not going to happen.

I've heard it's dumb fun, but I think I'm going to make my time count with some narrative-focused games.

Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma are two great games still exclusive to consoles. The DLC chapters for Asura's Wrath are phenomenal.

Asura's Wrath is on the list fo sho. DD sounds fun in a Japanese-awkward kind of way, but I heard Patrick spoil the ending/concept during a GOTY talk, and that kind of satisfied my curiosity.

By the way, picked up Condemned Bloodshot because I'm a sucker for dope first-person-perspective games. I already finished Mirror's Edge. Anything else I should know about?

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. Don't judget me.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resonance of Fate

SSX

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI, I'm setting up my wishlist to keep it organized, and some of these prices are Krazy - games like X-Men: Wolverine and Captain America are like 50-60 bucks (new)! I assume this is because there was a small run and everyone's running low.

Resonance of Fate

SSX

While I'm not looking to waste my time with a bunch of RPGs, opting for story-heavy games, I've heard cool and good things about Resonance of Fate. I could go for some "gunkata" stuff.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FrodoBaggins

Blue Dragon?

Nuts and Bolts?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Dragon?

Nuts and Bolts?

1) Nah.

2) Absolutely. That and Viva Pinata. For old-ass games, shit's expensive: both of them are going for like 25 bucks used.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ch3burashka

Here's a status update. I've got a new copy of Red Dead coming in, too.

No Caption Provided