#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3366 posts) -

I was in gamestop a few days ago and picked up Star Ocean International for $30. Played it for a while, decided that I'm gonna take it back and get something else. Any suggestions? Something in same price range would be nice too, not trying to spend more if I don't have to.

Also I suppose I could just use the money to get PSN/XBLA bucks, I haven't bought a downloadable game in some time. So feel free to suggest something downloadable. It just sucks that I will have like $10 left over in credit at gamestop.

Remind me to stop going to gamestop, I end up there on days when I'm really really bored.

#2 Edited by believer258 (11911 posts) -

Get Outland, an XBLA game that is criminally underappreciated.

EDIT: Also, do not go back to Gamestop. Download Steam instead. Or go to Amazon.

#3 Posted by Devil240Z (3366 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Is that the platformer that reminds people of ikaruga?

#4 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

Deadly Premonition

#5 Posted by Devil240Z (3366 posts) -

@Willin said:

Deadly Premonition

Played that when it came out.

Basically Ive been out of the video game playing game for nearly a year. so I'm looking for stuff I've missed in that time.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11911 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

@believer258 said:

Is that the platformer that reminds people of ikaruga?

Yeah, something like that. The foreground is mostly black except for the colors blue, red, or yellow, and you have to switch between blue and red to solve puzzles, kill enemies with a sword, absorb same-colored beams, etc. It can get pretty rough.

What I've played of it is pretty awesome. Here is the Quick Look.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

El Friggin' Shaddai.

#8 Posted by Triumvir (480 posts) -

Wizorb?

#9 Posted by Jeust (10650 posts) -
  • Deadlight
  • Catherine
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
#10 Posted by Triumvir (480 posts) -

I just had a look at your achievements to see what you've played. There's some stuff that lept to mind, not all obscure but stuff you might dig:

ME3 is worth checking out if you dug ME2, and the horde mode they have is really fun (I haven't been online in a few months, so I don't know how active the servers are)

I've heard good things from friends about Hybrid, and Brad seemed to like it a lot.

If you can stand rogue-likes and seriously tough platforming, Spelunky might be your bag

The Walking Dead is great, even on consoles. You really ought to look into it.

You ought to rent Spec Ops: the Line to play through the campaign once. The story is pretty damn good, even outside the context of a video game.

Oh and Journey, you really ought to give that a shot. The Collector's edition is out now with dev commentary and a bunch of other extras.

#11 Posted by Mahonay (828 posts) -

Have you played Shadows of the Damned yet? That's definitely a strange game.

#12 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

@Mahonay said:

Have you played Shadows of the Damned yet? That's definitely a strange game.

You should do this if you haven't already, also Swords and Sworcery is pretty fucking good.

#13 Posted by Devil240Z (3366 posts) -

Well I just ran over to gamestop.

Shadows of the damned, Walking dead, ME3, And Journey are all on my list.

I ended up picking getting Armored Core 5. It was the exact same price so it was a straight trade. I'm also a long time fan of the series and I really enjoyed For Answer.

I think my next game is gonna be Journey after this.