#1 Edited by Benny (1951 posts) -

I think it happened in the second half of a live stream and never got uploaded to the site, then they did a quick look of the same game a few days later. The forum search for the site just does not work well whatsoever.

As a thank you to the person who finds it, my gift to you!: http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/271112642 (skip to around 4 minutes, don't be put off by the effects!)

#2 Edited by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@benny: I just redeemed your gift without actually finding the video you're looking for. You'll have to rethink your gift system for the future.

#3 Edited by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I know the video you were talking about. Unfortunately, GB's twitch page is all kinds of messed up with it's naming that it'd be a long slug to find out. I vaguely remember them playing the flight game before a show of sorts.

Edit: Holy shit, i've never seen that video you just linked. Fucking awesome.

#4 Edited by Szlifier (488 posts) -

Try to find it here.

It's this one right? If you click on the thumbnail it goes to Twitch, they play it about an hour in.

And here is the QL of that.

#5 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

THAT'S NOT A GIFT. THAT'S NOT A GIFT AT ALL.

#6 Posted by Benny (1951 posts) -

@szlifier: It's not that one, It's a realistic flight sim with the majority of the video being them starting up the damn thing as per and then they take off and it's the greatest thing ever.

#7 Edited by Szlifier (488 posts) -
#8 Edited by Benny (1951 posts) -

@szlifier: I'm 99% sure it's one of those, only that they played it on a livestream first but I've looked at the giantbomb livestreams from around that time period and can't find the stream where they played it.

#9 Edited by Szlifier (488 posts) -

@benny said:

@szlifier: I'm 99% sure it's one of those, only that they played it on a livestream first but I've looked at the giantbomb livestreams from around that time period and can't find the stream where they played it.

That second one is actually a live-stream

#10 Edited by Benny (1951 posts) -

@szlifier: Ah yeah you're totally right! I guess I couldn't find it on twitch cause it was on the premium twitch channel, thanks duder!

#11 Edited by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

I wanted to say you were thinking of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. They did a proper Quick Look of it on July 23, 2011, but the day before that they did an NTSF:SD:SUV:: Premiere Live Stream where they had to kill time between the east coast and west coast showings. At around 1:13:05 of that video, Drew and Dave play some IL-2 Sturmovik, but it isn't until at 1:31:45 that Vinny comes in wanting to try a full-realism take-off to which they don't really get anywhere until about 1:56:00.

Even if that's not the video you were thinking of, you should still check it out as the struggle of them getting the engines to work leading up to the glorious (and perhaps miraculous) take-off is well worth the watch. Again, you can watch the live stream recording here.