LoTR: Wii Edition

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jake_K

http://kotaku.com/5272652/lord-of-the-rings-comes-to-wii-with-dashes-of-mario-link

I have no problem with getting a younger crowd into the series (Lord knows I loved those books around Junior High) but something about this just rubs me the wrong way. The material just feels too serious for this kind of a makeover, but we'll see how it goes. (Edit - But I guess I felt the same way about Lego Star Wars before that came out and holy hell I love that game)

Although, I'm just glad to see something that I didn't play on my gamecube with new motion controls for once. -.-

Thoughts?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r
Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jake_K
Al3xand3r said:
http://www.giantbomb.com/the-lord-of-the-rings-aragorns-quest/61-26539/trailer/35-244834/#4My thoughts are you should give your Wii to someone who is more aware of its games library. [more]
But then how would I keep adding to my ever-growing dust collection?
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Easy, stop buying the good games of any console you own. That's what you've done with the Wii anyway. I mean, with all the recent (or not so recent) releases and announcements, THIS is the game that makes you go "yay, something not from GameCube" for real? Ignorant at best.

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jake_K

I didn't care for Punch Out, and Madworld was just okay....

....and the games I really enjoyed prior to that was.... Galaxy? No More Heroes?

What am I missing out on? >_>

I'm not even sarcastic; I would really like to know.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
[Lock]

As a huge LOTR fan, I am pretty fucking happy about this. I have had to endure a load of shit on supposedly superior platforms, games with no attention to something called gameplay. Headstrong made the awesome Overkill. I expect being English team they will treat the source material in a way it deserves, unlike a American team I imagine.  The graphic style looks nicely stylized.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

How about Anno, Rune Factory Frontier or Little King's Story then? And for upcoming games how about No More Heroes 2, The Crystal Bearers and Monster Hunter 3? There's more than plenty from where these came from. Well, if you just won't "care" for any decent title mentioned, why should I bother? Just give your console to someone who will play its games. You say you enjoyed 2 games. Not really worth keeping it for.

And yeah Linky, I hope Headstrong can make something worthwhile out of this but that depends on if they treat it as "their" game or just a licenced project for some cash like past HVS products...

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jake_K
Al3xand3r said:
How about Anno, Rune Factory Frontier or Little King's Story then? And for upcoming games how about No More Heroes ... [more]
Jeez, why the hostility?

By saying I didn't care for it I was trying to say that 'I picked it up and thought it was shallow. It's just a game about pattern recognition and I don't like it'.... in a nice way.

And I'll give those a go.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond
@Al3xand3r:  "Well, if you just won't "care" for any decent title mentioned, why should I bother?"

You shouldn't bother trying to change peoples' opinions.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
Jake_K, without any hostility: Past and future Wii games that are worth a look or two. It's missing a few of the more recent announcements like Fragile, the new Trauma Center, The Grinder and Gladiator A.D., but it's a good way to get into the console's library; the contents are not based on score, but from what I played and enjoyed or know of that many other people enjoyed.