#1 Posted by xxMayDay31xx (2 posts) -

Whatcha marathonin'? What do you think ABOUT marathoning all previous games? Personally I like to distance myself so the sequel feels fresher. But I tried Twilight Princess and that game is uuuuuglier than I remember it. I'm playing Demons Souls now, but that's not really a marathon, I've never played it.

#2 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

I might go back and play through the Gears 2 campaign again.

#3 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

Not really marathoning but I did make sure to finish up Saints Row 2.

#4 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Been thinking about marathoning the GoW series with some friends when 3 is released here and we all have time.

#5 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

I'll probably play through Uncharted 2 again at some point.

#6 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I've never gotten around to playing the Gears games so I picked up the "triple" pack the other day for like $15 and am making my way through the first two now in possible anticipation of playing 3 soon. I'm not really sure what I think of 1 yet, so we'll see.

#7 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

I'll probably play through ME1 & 2 before the third comes out just so I know what's going on.

#8 Posted by mercutio123 (468 posts) -

played through gears 1 annd 2 last month now just brushing up on mp

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

I just finished Resistance 2 an hour a go. It was good- I kinda want to play Resistance 3... but probably not $60 worth. I'll probably play my used copy of Killzone 2 I've got here until my copy of Gears 3 comes in the mail. OH! Then I want to play Resident Evil 4.

#10 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

I played through mass effect 1 and 2 again on pc to get a fresh save ready for 3.

#11 Posted by Witzig (326 posts) -

Seeing that my multiplayer fps is taken care via Red Orchestra 2 I'll be playing both CoD 4 and MW2 to get ready for MW3. And then I've been playing both Oblivion and Marrowind to get ready for skyrim. Are the Assassin Creed games any good for the PC?

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Gears of War 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Uncharted 2

Halo Reach

#13 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I'm gonna do the two Uncharteds before the third one.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

@Maystack said:

I'll probably play through ME1 & 2 before the third comes out just so I know what's going on.

You should start relatively soon. Playing through both of those games is a pretty decent time investment.

#15 Posted by itsjoncharles (75 posts) -

Almost finished with Wind Waker which I'll finish off about a week before I get Skyward Sword (release day or otherwise).

Have also been playing some Sonic and Knuckles to get some achievements. Will probably play all the stages that are in the game before release.

#16 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

@Brendan: It's not out til March, it won't take me six months.

#17 Edited by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Might replay some Zeldas to get my body ready for Skyward Sword.

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I hate marathoning games in general, especially before a sequel, because then I'm just burned out on the gameplay before the new one comes out. I want to be blown away.

That being said, I really should wrap up the last few hours of Gears 2.

#19 Posted by Stepside (508 posts) -

I'll be playing Starcraft II's SP again before the next one comes out. I lost all my Mass Effect 2 saves when my HDD crashed so I'll prolly end up rocking through that again. Also, I'm juuuust about finished Witcher 2 so I'm thinking of playing the first game. Is it worth it?

#20 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

Not marathoning, but I played through Assassin's Creed 1, and now I'm going to finish AC2 and Brotherhood.

#21 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Not really, no time to start now, because games are already coming out!

#22 Edited by Errordotocx (119 posts) -

I need to finish ME2 before ME3 comes out. I've tried to play through the game twice now, and during both of those times, the PC I was playing it own decided not to work anymore.

I guess as far a marathon gaming goes, I usually do it with the Half-Life games every year. But it's been since EP2 since I've done that because I told myself I wouldn't replay them until Black Mesa: Source was released. And well... it's one of those mods that i'm not sure will ever come out. But they say they are close. So who knows.

#23 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Gonna try to finish Zelda OOT and TP as well as MGS 1. Wouldn't call it marathoning though.

#24 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Even though Mass Effect 3 isn't coming out this year, I recently bought the books and I've been making my way through them and the games in the right order.

ME3 is the only game I'm really looking forward to...

#25 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

I know it's not this year but I need to play through Mass Effect 1&2 on the PC so I have a save for ME3 early next year. Played both on 360 before but made the switch recently

#26 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I might play saints row 2 again
I already beat demon's souls a few times
not going to play elder scrolls 4 again
maybe another trip through batman would be cool 
already played the beta for the new AC

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

i just beat gears 1 again, been playing that alittle bit each day this week.

gonna playthrough gears 2 campaign this weekend so im ready for gears 3 on tuesday. im excited for it

#28 Posted by Franstone (1093 posts) -

I'm staying away from Battlefield and any Elder Scrolls game due to the fact that I will be playing the shit out of those two titles all 2012 and beyond.

#29 Posted by supermonkey122 (811 posts) -

playing through resistance 1 and 2. goddamn resistance 1 is hard as fuck

#30 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Brendan said:

@Maystack said:

You should start relatively soon. Playing through both of those games is a pretty decent time investment.

nah it's like 3 and a half weeks.
#31 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm playing through Morrowind right now and I'll probably start a new character in Oblivion soon. Doesn't really have to do with Skyrim though, I play those two games a lot anyway.

#32 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Going through the Gears 1 and 2 campaigns, finished 1 last night.

Gonna play Uncharted 2 next month and MW2 also.

Gonna play a little more oblivion just so I can have a better appreciation.

#33 Posted by Ronin147 (77 posts) -

Currently i'm trying to finish up Arkham Asylum before City. Also might play a little Oblivion Ive had it for a long time just never played it much but was a huge Morrowind fan.

#34 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

@Stepside said:

Also, I'm juuuust about finished Witcher 2 so I'm thinking of playing the first game. Is it worth it?

After Witcher 2, I don't think so. The only incentive I had for Playing Witcher 1 before the sequel was to import the save. That ended up being kind of a cool thing, but not worth the 40h+ time investment. Plus it ain't all that exciting after the Witcher 2, which is just an infinitely better game.

If you do decide to play it, then go with the hard difficulty. Normal offers no difficulty in combat outside of boss battles. I don't even want to know how dull Easy is.

On topic: No, not really planning to play through something again. I did play Witcher 1, but that was all new to me. Gears 3 is a weird one - I usually get Gears fatigue after playing any of the prior games for a while and since those games are all so similar I don't really want to ruin my Gears 3 experience. I might go through Mass Effect 2 once more, perhaps even move my whole Mass Effect experience onto the PC. Probably won't though. Maybe I'll pop in BioShock 1 for a while, I don't know.

#35 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

Anyone who isn't marathoning through every Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim is not worthy enough to play it.

#36 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I started playing through Gears 1 on easy just to refresh myself, but one look at my backlog and the packed upcoming release calendar and I went back to playing unplayed stuff. 

@XII_Sniper said:

I hate marathoning games in general, especially before a sequel, because then I'm just burned out on the gameplay before the new one comes out.

Yeah I've had that happen to me a few times too.
#37 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

Not this year, but I will likely play through Mass Effect 2 (PS3 so no 1) again. Also still thinking about doing a Vinny-like Witcher1&2.

#38 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

I'll have to knock off Arkham Asylum again...but I have so many new unfinished games, seems like a shame

#39 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

No, primarily because I have played all the game series I am interested in so much that I would have a hard time playing them again. Like I have beat Gears 1, 2, Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Elder Scrolls 3, 4 at least 3 times each.

#40 Posted by Korrz (62 posts) -

Went through OOT and Twilight Princess again in anticipation of Skyward Sword. Don't own a copy of Wind Waker anymore :(