Madcats/Cyborg more functions than needed? Still cool.....

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

And MODULAR! With a new Keyboard coming out. I have to think, is it so packed that it has many wasted functions?

I am a big fan of Madcatz Cyborg gaming range.

I have a Cyborg R.A.T 5 Mouse and a Cyborg 7 Keyboard.

However....I admit some of the functions on the keyboard I never use as-well as on my mouse.

On my mouse I do not use the thumb wheel. Why? Because I am left handed and it is under my palm. Impossible to use.

I rarely use the Sniper button. Its the red button on the side it reduced to DPI for more accurate shots.

I never use the different programmable Profiles my mouse can have and change at the click of a button.

I am forever useing the DPI on the fly buttons, however other Mice have that.

The metal frame and laser are absolutely perfect for me. Lost too many mice to lense's either laser or optical going wonky.

You can customize it alot depending on what model you get, and It it absolutely comfortable even going against the grain and using it with a left hand.

My Keyboard has 12 extra keys I NEVER use. Those are the 12 on the left and right sides. You can program them to run macros. I barley know what a macros is let alone one I want to use and define to one Key.

Other than that its all used The "Cyborg" mode. You press the little face in the middle and then different quadrants light up diffrentyl One important thing in this mode. The windows key is disabled. Meaning no hitting it during a game!

Granted alot of the functions are athetic. I enjoy it.

Brings me to the NEW! S.T.R.I.K.E 7

Its cool. However if I had it, I would waste its potential...I am not sure what the true potential is to the right person. Man its go so many features. I think half of them arnt even shown in this video. I assume its got all the same functions as my current keyboard with 8 new things ontop and modular ability.

Taking inspiration from the company's modular R.A.T. gaming mouse, the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 boasts a durable metal body, mechanical keys, and five interchangeable components (including the keyboard): a V.E.N.O.M. TFT-LC touchscreen, the main keyboard, four programmable buttons on the Function strip (24 programmable buttons throughout the entire keyboard), number pad and a "3-part active palm rest and two wrist rest" extension.

There is stuff I dont know how people are to use. There is a thumb scroll and red button I assume is a sniper mode button, as I have detailed. However....its on a wrist guard. The guard is useful....the functions on it?

What do you guys think?

PS It costs $300

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

Its kind of odd that we live in an age of Madcatz making quality products.

I dont know what to think about that new keyboard. Its kind of neat but none of those things it can do would be useful in the least for me. I also cant get behind how it looks, Madcatz products all look like toys.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jams

The metal chassis and mechanical keys are enough for it to be a potentially good buy. That's like $150 right there. I really like that one wrist rest that can extend extra far since I have big hands and usually wrist rest on normal keyboards aren't large enough.

Having said that, I've come to the realization that less is more when it comes to gaming keyboards and mice. The essentials to me are; a good solid body and chassis with mechanical switches for the keyboard. A decent shape and quality laser for the mouse. The only extra I like on a keyboard are LED lit keys. I like to play games in the dark and sometimes it's hard to make certain keys out. So far my perfect setup is a Steelseries G7 keyboard and a Logitech MX518 (the original one). Any more than that is just counter intuitive to how I play games.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

I do want a R.A.T 5, but those keyboards would be completely overkill for me. I'm not a fan of the look, either.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rohok

My RAT7 is just... it's so amazing. I'm in love with it. Perfect shape, perfect appearance, perfect texture. I wash my hands and put on hand sanitizer a lot of the time before I use it just to prevent it getting all gross and shit after eating. It's just perfect. Now my keyboard is a generic logitech poop typer.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm skeptical that there's any measurable benefit to many of the features MadKatz' new keyboard boasts. That said, it looks like it's from the friggin' future, so maybe that's enough.

What does S.T.R.I.K.E. stand for, anyway?

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmilingPig

Crazy looking thing!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

I have 4 buttons on the mouse that I use (Including RMB and LMB) and then 18G keys on my Logitech Keyboard that are also set up for different games.
I think I'm set for a while when it comes to crazy amounts of buttons. It does look fancy though

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Sooperspy

That thing is a computer mouse!? Jesus shit that thing looks insane.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaccheus

I bought the R.A.T. 5 few months ago. It's an excellent mouse. The build quality is very nice especially considering all the moving parts. The fact is that in a few days I had set it up like I wanted and now it's just a mouse. There is just no reason to mess with any the parts anymore. That said the ability to customize is the greatest innovation in mice in a long time. It's the best way to get the mouse to fit you. I can highly recommend it.

legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By legendlexicon

I've gotten a more noticeable increase in comfort and ability from a mouse pad with a memory foam pad for my wrist than any kind of mouse upgrade.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akyho

@Atramentous said:

Its kind of odd that we live in an age of Madcatz making quality products.

I dont know what to think about that new keyboard. Its kind of neat but none of those things it can do would be useful in the least for me. I also cant get behind how it looks, Madcatz products all look like toys.

I know the feeling. Too many times I was burned by a shoddy joystick or third party controller to flip it over and read "Madcatz". To find myself a fanboy of Madcatz Cyborg is a bit hard understand....then I look at my mouse and keyboard and go THERE SO COOL!!

@Zaccheus said:

I bought the R.A.T. 5 few months ago. It's an excellent mouse. The build quality is very nice especially considering all the moving parts. The fact is that in a few days I had set it up like I wanted and now it's just a mouse. There is just no reason to mess with any the parts anymore. That said the ability to customize is the greatest innovation in mice in a long time. It's the best way to get the mouse to fit you. I can highly recommend it.

I myself share my set up. A reason why I decided to drop the R.A.T 7 for the less modular R.A.T 5 since I may have it perfect for me. Everyone else will complain and so on.

The DPI switches are wonderful for such a set up. My dad and sis wap it up to max all the time. I have it set in different increments so three bars is good enough for me, four if the game's sensitivity is low.

@legendlexicon said:

I've gotten a more noticeable increase in comfort and ability from a mouse pad with a memory foam pad for my wrist than any kind of mouse upgrade.

I have gone through some shitty mice in the past. Rounded small things that dont fit my palm and I have to use the CLAW form to grip it. They are light and easily skitter around.

The lenses also got messed up and wouldn't recognize anything or freak out and do its own thing.

My R.A.T has weights in it and I put them all in. So with the metal frame and weights. It is hefty enough for my liking. It wasn't big enough on the start however it has an adjustable palm cover. So after getting it just right that its not going to topple backwards ( a flaw if you pull it all the way out). My hand is no longer in the claw form and I dont have to worry about it skittering around. Also having such high DPI means I only need a small space for my mouse. Which is always a small space.

You are right however. I would love a wrist pad. I had one, however family use it as-well and it gets ruined quickly. So when I bought this mouse I also bought the Cyborg Mouse mat V1....I am such a fanboy.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zaccheus

@Akyho said:

@Zaccheus said:

I myself share my set up. A reason why I decided to drop the R.A.T 7 for the less modular R.A.T 5 since I may have it perfect for me. Everyone else will complain and so on.

The DPI switches are wonderful for such a set up. My dad and sis wap it up to max all the time. I have it set in different increments so three bars is good enough for me, four if the game's sensitivity is low.

So when are we going to get the first electronic mouse with personal profiles for different users like car seats? Would be pretty damn cool to push a button and see the mouse transform to fit your hand. :>

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akyho

@Zaccheus said:

So when are we going to get the first electronic mouse with personal profiles for different users like car seats? Would be pretty damn cool to push a button and see the mouse transform to fit your hand. :>

Aw Jesus! Thats Madcatz next step.

With thaught. I typed into google "Mouse Transformer."

I would be tempted for one.

Also....you get a bunch of pictures of the Cyborg R.A.T as-well.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

The new keyboard looks stupid as fuck. The old one was neat in a "this looks like something from Star Trek" kinda way, and a decent keyboard to boot. But I don't need a Keyboard that is like the RAT 7.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scarace360

The keyboard looks real stupid but ive been using my RAT7 for about a year now and i still really like it. Also those 12 keys are pretty useful for certain games.

firecreed17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By firecreed17

Ya I enjoy my Rat7 but the keyboard looks to be a bit much. Might be tempting to rig it up for editing or motion graphics.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I'm in love with my RAT7, but I actually prefer standard keyboards to gaming ones. Logitech Illuminated Keyboard is one of the best pc keyboards i've used. I absolutely love the feel of it.