• 57 results
#1 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I love the mailbag videos. But one thing thats really annoyed me so far is the......i guess, thank you.

As i'v seen several mail bags on the site. Im struck with a"whatever" on people who opens the bags. One bag destroyed me(and this will be a puzzle) He spent about 250-300 euroes sending that to you. And all he got was: Kremt...hmmm...It's warm. Im shocked on how (we get everything) the staff have been in general. People spend real money just to give a gift. You spend a broken brad, a Jeff who cvouldent care, a ryan that is mostly gone and a drew(Drew we love:D!!!!) who loves everything.

Ending this. Please actually KNOW who sent something for you and SPEAK the name. Thank you

PS: Never sent anything.

#2 Posted by BadNews (507 posts) -

They never asked for it. It's like you think mail from fans should act like a bribe to get them to say your name and eat weird stuff on camera. They aren't caged animals that do tricks for you they are human beings.

It's like if you helped a grandma across the street and then held out your hand for money. You don't do it for the reward, you do it because you are happy to help.

#3 Posted by MaxxS (201 posts) -

What?

#4 Edited by alternate (2702 posts) -

They usually thank the person if they include a note but they never asked people to send them junk food and energy drinks. In fact they have asked people not to keep sending them junk food and energy drinks.

Also who spent 300 euro on shipping? Dude has only himself to blame.

#5 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@BadNews said:

They never asked for it. It's like you think mail from fans should act like a bribe to get them to say your name and eat weird stuff on camera. They aren't caged animals that do tricks for you they are human beings.

It's like if you helped a grandma across the street and then held out your hand for money. You don't do it for the reward, you do it because you are happy to help.

Ok...What did i say? And what did you say? Im gonna give you this reply, cause i know nobody can't be that stupid. Ok? I really dont see how you missed ANYTHING!

#6 Posted by Baillie (4153 posts) -

Yeah, I've got to say I agree. They have loyal fans who pour their heart into some of these things and it just seems like they hate most of it. Sure, you may not like it, but if you get something you don't want Christmas, you act happy and say thanks.

#7 Posted by BadNews (507 posts) -

@alternate: Forums need like buttons.

#8 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

@alternate said:

They usually thank the person if they include a note but they never asked people to send them junk food and energy drinks. In fact they have asked people not to keep sending them junk food and energy drinks.

Yes, they do(as i said) What they said is: I don't think we drink that much as what people think we do) And as a GB person. You hate on the guy who wanna give things? And then cost 300EUR? Thats more than you ever did, and still its just for fun. And this is where im going. These are people over the world, you see the shitty people commenting. (those who can't bring 5 doller to sub) But still no love for the guy who sent them mail.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@BadNews said:

They aren't caged animals that do tricks for you they are human beings.

There's a difference?

#10 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@BadNews said:

That's a very dumb thing for you to say, that's like receiving a birthday gift that wasn't prompted from you, then you just blow it off because "you never asked for it." Be grateful for a gift, period.

#11 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -

@Sarkhan said:

@alternate said:

Yes, they do(as i said) What they said is: I don't think we drink that much as what people think we do) And as a GB person. You hate on the guy who wanna give things? And then cost 300EUR? Thats more than you ever did, and still its just for fun. And this is where im going. These are people over the world, you see the shitty people commenting. (those who can't bring 5 doller to sub) But still no love for the guy who sent them mail.

I guess I just don't see the hate you mention. Occasionally they are a little disinterested but I have not seen anything else. Also - do you have a link for the 300 euro package?

#12 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

They should make a video of them groveling for 20 minutes or so at the users who encourage their alcoholism, gluttony and other vices...now that I think about it I will send them a carton of smokes to top it off.

#13 Posted by Flaime (527 posts) -

They've received the same things for four years in a row now, but with a different label on them. They can't stay surprised and grateful every time.

Also, like others have said, no one asked them to send anything.

#14 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

They should make a video of them groveling for 20 minutes or so at the users who encourage their alcoholism, gluttony and other vices...now that I think about it I will send them a carton of smokes to top it off.

They don't have to consume everything they receive, just show a little enthusiasm, and maybe even a thanks to the sender.

#15 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I think it's neat that people send them stuff and they thank people in pretty much every video. If I remember correctly they repeatedly said that you shouldn't bother sending things in especially junk food. Personally I think spending 300 euros to send junk food to people who don't want it is weird, but its there money.

#16 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

This is true@Flaime said:

They've received the same things for four years in a row now, but with a different label on them. They can't stay surprised and grateful every time.

Also, like others have said, no one asked them to send anything.

This is true. And i'm done. Just wanted to take the temperature on the community on this. Most brow tongue's but well said for the people who actually responded well. Thank you.

#17 Posted by The_Nubster (2130 posts) -

They thank the person. They always thank the person. They make jokes and laugh about it, but they always thank the person. Even when they aren't happy with the fact that they're getting a bunch of stale food and energy drinks they've had a thousand times before, despite making jokes about it, they thank the person. They have specifically asked people not to send food and shit, and people still do, but they never call the people out, and they always thank the person. Sending a gift doesn't make you automatically exempt from normal human reactions.

#18 Posted by yoshisaur (2717 posts) -

I get really tired of people with this mentality. I have a different form of visual excitement, and it generally involves actually enjoying the product given to me rather than putting on a façade. I know everyone wants the receiver to bow down to them and shower them with love, but that's not the way it works.

#19 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

I had a friend who spent a broken brad once. 

He hasn't been the same since.

#20 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

This thread as bad as the one were the guy was demanding the GB crew give out the free stuff they receive from developers. Going to say what I said in the thread:

Giant Bomb doesn't owe you thing!

#21 Posted by skyline7284 (506 posts) -

To be honest, I never understand people that just send them random "stuff". Like sure it may seem novel at the time, but their houses are already filled with random crap, so why sending bargain bin DVD's helps i'm not exactly sure. People who send food and drinks I understand, and i'm sure most of that stuff gets eaten around the office. The random stuff is what I don't get.

#22 Edited by Toxeia (729 posts) -

I love the mailbags myself. Usually they get some really awesome stuff. If some thought or effort went into gathering crazy items then they guys are excited about it too, but sending a bunch of energy drinks and junk food isn't any good. I don't want to sound mean about this, but Jeff and Ryan don't need energy drinks and junk food. And the others don't need to be tempted with something that they won't want to eat either.

Receiving 100 pounds of weapon-grade diabetes isn't something anyone should be happy about.

PS: If you want to see a mailbag where the guys got stoked, look up the ones with fan-art that's sent to them. They really appreciate that stuff, and they keep it around for people to see in office videos.

PPS: I dug up the link to the Mailbag I was referring to: Mailbag - Propaganda Edition. I feel like the posters set the bar for gifts to the Bomb crew.

@BadNews said:

Bitch betta' gimme some uh dat Freedent, know'm sayin'?

#23 Posted by Getz (3004 posts) -

If I could actually comprehend your absolutely fucked grammar I'm sure I'd be angry about something.

#24 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Fucking kidding me? Grandma... once over the street. Running a game site with fans.... "don't know the name, but thank you who ever you are" Fuck that

#25 Posted by Bocam (3742 posts) -

@Getz said:

If I could actually comprehend your absolutely fucked grammar I'm sure I'd be angry about something.

This.

#26 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Sarkhan said:

Fucking kidding me? Grandma... once over the street. Running a game site with fans.... "don't know the name, but thank you who ever you are" Fuck that

Are you using Google translate? Its not working.

#27 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

I read the OP and I feel dizzy now.

#28 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

They got excited by all that chocolate stuff

well, excited/scared

#29 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

The staff give their authentic reaction to what they're sent. It would be pandering and insulting if they pretended to love everything they got. I can understand why people send this stuff but often it seems like stuff most people would never want and that one box (with the pink helmet and movie novelizations) was just creepy.

#30 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

I find it very awkward to receive gifts personally. Probably even worse if it's from a stranger. Maybe they're the same way?

#31 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

What the fuck guys?

Give the OP a break. Attacking someone based on grammar is just too petty.

I understand the OP and I have felt something along the lines myself for a while. Sure, the GB crew is not entitled to do anything about the gifts they receive.

But the fact of the matter it, they chose to make content from it.

Several times the feature starts with crew engaging in the unwrapping straight away. Tearing into the content, often times with multiple guys going at it simultaniusly.

Just a minute of preparation would go a long way. Locate the shipping info prior and start by announcing who send it.

I know it might be dangerous territory. One of the finest qualities of GB is their ability to deliver really funny and well produced content that seems like it just sorta happened. But the Mailbag- and the I love Mondays features are getting below standards.

#32 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -
@TheVeteran13 said:

I read the OP and I feel dizzy now.

No joke? Cause honestly I felt a little dizzy.
#33 Posted by AlisterCat (5559 posts) -

I understand, but I doubt they are ungrateful on purpose. They have said in the past not to send them stuff

#34 Posted by Humanity (9206 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

This thread as bad as the one were the guy was demanding the GB crew give out the free stuff they receive from developers. Going to say what I said in the thread:

This would be true if the site was 100% free. As it is though, with certain features behind blocked off behind paid membership walls - I think they do owe a certain "something" to the audience. I'm not saying they should be sending out free swag or anything, but you always owe your audience something, especially when they pay for some of your content.

#35 Posted by Village_Guy (2572 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@LiquidSwords said:

This would be true if the site was 100% free. As it is though, with certain features behind blocked off behind paid membership walls - I think they do owe a certain "something" to the audience. I'm not saying they should be sending out free swag or anything, but you always owe your audience something, especially when they pay for some of your content.

Sure, you could say that they owe you "something" since you are a paying member, but that "something" IS the content you are paying for - not something extra.

#36 Posted by BradBrains (951 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

@Humanity said:

@LiquidSwords said:

Sure, you could say that they owe you "something" since you are a paying member, but that "something" IS the content you are paying for - not something extra.

Arent things like the mailbag videos the content we are paying for technically? I think some effort should be put in it.

also I do agree with saying things like mailbag and I love Mondays (I love Mondays epically) have gotten kinda lazy. I mean I still like the content but they do seem to just be doing it because they feel they have to.

#37 Posted by pekarn (86 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@Getz said:

This.

+1

#38 Posted by pekarn (86 posts) -

@Darkstalker: Mailbags are free (or am I crazy?). The content we are paying for is the subscriber exclusive content.

#39 Posted by Village_Guy (2572 posts) -

@Darkstalker said:

@Village_Guy said:

@Humanity said:

@LiquidSwords said:

Arent things like the mailbag videos the content we are paying for technically? I think some effort should be put in it.

also I do agree with saying things like mailbag and I love Mondays (I love Mondays epically) have gotten kinda lazy. I mean I still like the content but they do seem to just be doing it because they feel they have to.

I wouldn't consider Mailbags part of the video content premium members pay for, last I remember mailbag videos aren't limited to premium members only.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that Mailbags and I Love Mondays have gotten lazy, and some of the videos seem more like an inconvenience for the bomb crew - like they have to do them, but don't really care or want to...

#40 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

They react entirely appropriately to receiving unwanted gifts from people they don't know, besides I don't know what videos you're even watching because when they get something legitimately interesting or cool they react that way, GiantBomb is Giantbomb because the guys are upfront and honest about stuff, if they're not into getting a bunch of crap in the mail I'd rather they not pretend.

#41 Posted by BradBrains (951 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

@Darkstalker said:

@Village_Guy said:

@Humanity said:

@LiquidSwords said:

I wouldn't consider Mailbags part of the video content premium members pay for, last I remember mailbag videos aren't limited to premium members only.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that Mailbags and I Love Mondays have gotten lazy, and some of the videos seem more like an inconvenience for the bomb crew - like they have to do them, but don't really care or want to...

I was more speaking of premium membership as paying to keep the site running (though obviously this has changed now).

To be fair I don't want them to pretend they like something they don't (the minute things get fake is the minute I dont like GB anymore) I just find sometimes the newer office video lack something lately.

#42 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The joy should be knowing you brought the staff some happiness, that should be enough.

#43 Edited by Cubical (637 posts) -

I would totaly send them something strange food just to see how they react to it and as long as they film I would not care if they say my name or not..

I like sending people in places like japan strange american crap and food to watch the shock and awe I would send anything to just about anybody for shock and awe of a strange food object.

I also send out packets of fucking fry sauce to anybody that looks at me funny when I ask for it.

This is my sick pleasure in life do not judge me....

#44 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@BadNews said:

Bitch got some perscriptions don't she? Gimme them oxys and vics!

#45 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

Say my name, Ryan.

#46 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@alternate said:

#47 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -

No one is forcing you to watch these videos, and you are a very small minority of overly critical people who can't understand the humor of this website.

Have you watched more than 3 of these videos in your life? Have you seen everyone's full range of reactions? Have you seen the crap people have sent them, and the insane ways in which they choose to have them delivered?

I think you need to take a break as an actively posting member and look at the history of this website and the people who made it possible...I think you need to educate yourself on what kind of community this is, and what happens around here....

I think you may find that this place isn't for you, and that you are wasting time and energy that you could be using towards something that won't make you so bitter.

#48 Posted by SharkEthic (1049 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

@Sarkhan said:

Are you using Google translate? Its not working.

Lol'd at work...boss is eyeballing me now

#49 Edited by KaneRobot (1602 posts) -

@Sarkhan said:

I love the mailbag videos. But one thing thats really annoyed me so far is the......i guess, thank you.

As i'v seen several mail bags on the site. Im struck with a"whatever" on people who opens the bags. One bag destroyed me(and this will be a puzzle) He spent about 250-300 euroes sending that to you. And all he got was: Kremt...hmmm...It's warm. Im shocked on how (we get everything) the staff have been in general. People spend real money just to give a gift. You spend a broken brad, a Jeff who cvouldent care, a ryan that is mostly gone and a drew(Drew we love:D!!!!) who loves everything.

Ending this. Please actually KNOW who sent something for you and SPEAK the name. Thank you

PS: Never sent anything.

Translation: my only goal in life is to hear my name said on the internet by people on a video game website, and now I'm afraid I won't be able to make that happen!

They thank people when they have the info. Not sure what else you want. They aren't going to put the sender's name in the "We're into Megatron, (insert person who sent a bunch of beer)", and viewers like you" area.

#50 Edited by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I agree, it's basic politeness to at least give a shout out and a decent thank you. A couple of times I've thought, 'Man, that guy must be disappointed with that'.

These are gifts of good will people are sending them, if they don't want the stuff anymore they should stop filming themselves opening them because it'll only make more people send the same crap. They should save these videos for the really great gifts perhaps.