Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmericanPegasus

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/08/02/major-xbox-360-price-cuts-rumored-for-september/

Which nowadays a rumor is practically confirmation as far as price drops go...

For anyone to lazy to read the article the rumor drop are:

Arcade :279 to 199 USD

Pro 60GB : 349 to 299 USD

Elite
449: to 399 USD

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is pretty drastic. I would love to see that.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

$199 for an Arcade would be pretty sweet.  Even though most people will need a hard drive, that enables you to play hundreds of great 360 games and get online with a memory card immediately for $50 less than the price of a WIi and at half the price of the cheapest PS3.  (Is the PS3 still $399?)

AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AmericanPegasus
MB said:
"$199 for an Arcade would be pretty sweet.  Even though most people will need a hard drive, that enables you to play hundreds of great 360 games and get online with a memory card immediately for $50 less than the price of a WIi and at half the price of the cheapest PS3.  (Is the PS3 still $399?)
"
Yes, and it's not backwards comp. not that the 360 fully is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MB said:
"$199 for an Arcade would be pretty sweet.  Even though most people will need a hard drive, that enables you to play hundreds of great 360 games and get online with a memory card immediately for $50 less than the price of a WIi and at half the price of the cheapest PS3.  (Is the PS3 still $399?)
"

So basically the 360 is; $300 and $400, where the PS3 is still $400 and $500.

I wouldn't count the Arcade SKU, I mean, what kind of real gamer would get that? Lmao, then pay a few hundred bucks for an HDD. Not worth it if they use logic. So the PS3 is still a hundred bucks more, but then again it has built in wifi and whatnot, , so overall its still cheaper in my eyes.

This is still a sweet price cut though, just don't see it changing too much.
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmericanPegasus
Sentry said:
"MB said:
"

I wouldn't count the Arcade SKU, I mean, what kind of real gamer would get that? Lmao, then pay a few hundred bucks for an HDD. Not worth it if they use logic. So the PS3 is still a hundred bucks more, but then again it has built in wifi and whatnot, , so overall its still cheaper in my eyes.

"
It doesn't matter what you think a "real" gamer would get..If people wouldn't buy the cheaper SKU's they wouldn't be released so it DOES count as count a SKU as long as Microsoft say it does.

And why do you say the HDD's cost a few hundred when the most expensive one, that holds more than any PS3, cost 170 USD?

The PS3 also doesn't come with a HDMI cable, which the pro and elite do.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Ignore sentry, the kids a PlayStation 3 owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanPegasus said:
"Sentry said:
"MB said:
"

"
It doesn't matter what you think a "real" gamer would get..If people wouldn't buy the cheaper SKU's they wouldn't be released so it DOES count as count a SKU as long as Microsoft say it does.

And why do you say the HDD's cost a few hundred when the most expensive one, that holds more than any PS3, cost 170 USD?

The PS3 also doesn't come with a HDMI cable, which the pro and elite do.
"
I know, what I am saying is that version (arcade) isn't something I really count ont he table, since it doesn't even have an HDD or anything much for that matter. And my point was that the 360 costs more when you add up what else you need to get, and thats a fact that the HDDs on 360 are overpriced, I think we can all agree there. It just costs more when you add it up is all im saying.

BlackWaterCO said:
"Ignore sentry, the kids a PlayStation 3 owner"

Lmao, I play both (and the Wii), on pretty much a daily basis, every other day. When i was in the US anyways, going back soon... And btw, this is not in the 360 board, if it was I would have never brought up the topic.

This is still a sweet deal for anyone looking to buy a 360, but it still doesn't ease the fact that its expensive when adding allt he extras on.
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AmericanPegasus

Sentry..in your post you defiantly seem to be biased against the 360 so I won't get in an argument with you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry. :S

But it's just true though, there is no denying that the HDDs are way overpriced, call me biased but thats a fact and im pointing out that a machine for 200 bucks with no HDD is kinda laughable IMO, since it means people will eventually buy an HDD down the line, paying more for it. See what I mean?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

its a nice price drop definitely, but Sentry really isn't being Biased,I've seen him make plenty of 360 related posts. Hes just stating the facts of whats honestly true, plenty of game dev's have said that since the 360 has that whole optional HDD shit,their games just can't be done as well. And honestly anyone who for some reason does buy the aracade,is eventually(if not immediately) going to need to get a HDD,hes simply stating its not exactly as cheap as it appears. But the other models going down,is great news as well, I hope people go for the 20GB one or the Elite though and not an arcade,because it really isn't a deal.

AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AmericanPegasus
Sentry said:
"Sorry. :S

But it's just true though, there is no denying that the HDDs are way overpriced, call me biased but thats a fact and im pointing out that a machine for 200 bucks with no HDD is kinda laughable IMO, since it means people will eventually buy an HDD down the line, paying more for it. See what I mean?
"
If there's so many people buying the Wii, that only has 512MB of storage, I don't see why a arcade unit isn't valid. 512MB is fine for a gamer that only plays a few games like GTA/Madden/Halo, and isn't into Xbox Live.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422
AmericanPegasus said:
"Sentry said:
"Sorry. :S

"
If there's so many people buying the Wii, that only has 512MB of storage, I don't see why a arcade unit isn't valid. 512MB is fine for a gamer that only plays a few games like GTA/Madden/Halo, and isn't into Xbox Live.
"
They'll still even if not immediately "eventually" want to have more space/need more space when they decide to download more games. Also with the option to install 360 games to your HDD,I would imagine some people would find that appealing. The Wii though,yeah it has a low storage capacity,but the people who actually have the console have cried out enough that they want a HD attachment for it,nintendo just hasn't responded with any news on that front.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, why would I be biased that the 360 is getting a price cut anyways? Lol, if I play one all the time then why would it matter to me, or make me mad? It's just the truth.

I really need a new damn avatar lmfao.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jordan23

Damn, I'll like to see the Xbox 360 Elite drop to at least $349.99, much more affordable.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Demyx

that would be nice. Would make me get one a lot earlier

Kayaknutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kayaknutt

I like that for my friends that dont have a 360, but I am not too happy because I paid full dollar for one at launch. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dcpc10 said:
"Sentry said:
"Thank you, why would I be biased that the 360 is getting a price cut anyways? Lol, if I play one all the time then why would it matter to me, or make me mad? It's just the truth.

"

It's really rediculous when ppl assume your a fanboy mainly because of your avatar....well actually its quite sad"

It just gives off the wrong impression, thats all.. I need a new one for alter, but I can't find anyone really good enough to do it. :( Oh well...

Jordan23 said:
"Damn, I'll like to see the Xbox 360 Elite drop to at least $349.99, much more affordable."

400 bucks is still pretty good for a 120GB HDD, does it come with Live for the rest of the year? That would make it worth it.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422

yeah I bought an elite at 500$,and everyone I know has a 360 so I honestly don't really care,but Its good for anyone who has yet to pick one up,definitely the right time to.

AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AmericanPegasus
dcpc10 said:
"Sentry said:
"Thank you, why would I be biased that the 360 is getting a price cut anyways? Lol, if I play one all the time then why would it matter to me, or make me mad? It's just the truth.

"

It's really rediculous when ppl assume your a fanboy mainly because of your avatar....well actually its quite sad"
I didn't say a thing about his avatar, every post he makes seems to be pro-PS3. Sorry if you're not, but that's how you come off as to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanPegasus said:
"dcpc10 said:
"Sentry said:

"

I didn't say a thing about his avatar, every post he makes seems to be pro-PS3. Sorry if you're not, but that's how you come off as to me.
"

If you look at the facts that I mentioned, its not negative to anything, its 100% fact and if you think that is bias, well im sorry. And of course you're not going to say anything about my avatar, lmao, its just a reflex when you see someones avatar with a PS logo then you will think they are negative towards 360..
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Vyse_Legends

Well since Dead Rising won't seem to come to me...

Maybe I'll go to Dead Rising with this price cut.:P

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blu_Magic

Sounds like great news for people who were hesitant about buying it before because of price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vyse_Legends said:
"Well since Dead Rising won't seem to come to me...

Maybe I'll go to Dead Rising with this price cut.:P"
Dead Rising 2 son!!!
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CronoSquall

These are the prices all three models should have been last Holiday season.  As is, this seems likes it's just coming WAY too late to have the desired effect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

200, 300, and 400.

Arcade (pfft), Standard (ok), Elite (great).

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitNRun

Sentry has a point. Without going into semantics about "real gamers" or whatever, I'll put it this way: if a competent, informed 360 owner explained the pros and cons of the different versions to everyone considering buying an Arcade, their sales would fall by half.

The Arcade is a pox on the store shelves at my local stores. Even during Christmas when all other versions of all other consoles sold out - so the Arcade must have at least gotten some business from disappointed Pro seekers - it still filled the shelves. The only person I know who owns one got it as a gift, and doesn't play it (it's back in the box) because he's a teenager and can't afford to make it not suck and it doesn't play his original X-Box games.

Really, I would prefer if they eliminated the SKU entirely, and they probably would if they thought it through vis-a-vis their new casual-focused Avatar stuff. It doesn't do much good trying to reel in grandmothers and single 40-somethings with the new XBL design if they can't even use it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and just know that this 200 dollar SKU will be advertised without noting its cons, such as no HDD, obviously.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By pyromaniac

God damn it...I demand that MS give back money to those who already have a 360 :)