• 150 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Male Giant Bombers, Can You GROW Beard?? (461 votes)

Yes 72%
No 28%

Xzibit A Xzibit B

Badass
Not Baddass
#1 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Yeah, didn't look too good to be honest. But it would take 7-10 days for me to develop the beard-effect.

#2 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

What is this "Male Giant Bombers" business? Are you saying female Giant Bombers can't grow a beard? Get the fuck out of my face with your misogynist agenda!

Yes, I can grow a beard.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36031 posts) -

I have a beard.

#4 Edited by TheBluthCompany (367 posts) -

Does neck beard count?

#5 Posted by zoozilla (977 posts) -

To my everlasting shame, I cannot grow a decent beard. The best I can do is some scruffy chin-hairs.

#6 Edited by casper_ (901 posts) -

if by beard you mean pedo-stache then yes.

#7 Edited by 49th (2691 posts) -

Yeah, it grows quite quickly within a week or two and looks alright. I usually trim it for about a month then shave it all off and repeat.

#8 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -
#9 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

Yup. That was after a month of "no shave November"

#10 Edited by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

Yes, I fucking hate trimming a long beard though so I usually keep it at 5-10 day long stubble (I guess it's not really stubble but it's not what I call beard length)

#11 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

No :(

#12 Posted by wjb (1638 posts) -

I can grow a full beard, but I haven't had one in a while. Clean-shaven > beard.

#13 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

What kind of person in a used-to-be-filled-with-vikings country would I be if I couldn't.
Ugh, just the thought of not being able to makes me sad

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Yes, i usually keep it at a nice thick stubble. I can't stand being clean shaven, it feels "wrong".

#15 Edited by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Yes/no. It grows in clumps and never very thick. When I don't shave for a week the lower half of my chin looks like a hairy scrotum without the wrinkles. I also can't grow facial hair in the moustache area. I have never had to shave there my entire life and its barren of hair.

It makes me very sad that I'm not able to as well. As a kid it's the only reason I was looking forward to getting older and growing up. I dreamt of the day I could grow facial hair but it will never be. Get your shit together science!

#16 Posted by IcedWhale (49 posts) -

Yes I could, but I can't since it violates the terms of my work agreement. Stupid safety standards.

#17 Posted by Pr1mus (3813 posts) -

Yes

#18 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Why only males?

#19 Edited by smcn (879 posts) -

I go with a stache/goatee like Patrick, but I trim it real short like Timothy Olyphant on Justified except I'm nowhere near as handsome. If I shave it off I look like Jim Norton, probably because I shave my head too.

#20 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

I've never tried for longer than two weeks, but after those two weeks it wasn't looking real hot, yo. I can't really grow anything in the "Hitler-area" of my upper lip, and the moustache doesn't connect very well with the cheeks and chin. I wish I could grow a real beard.

#21 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I don't think so. Whenever I try to let it grow out its so itchy that I decide not to deal with it anymore. Maybe that goes away the more you grow it out, though...but I don't know.

#22 Posted by jkz (4003 posts) -

I can but I hate long beards; too messy and tough to keep clean and kempt. Trim it every day to 12-9mm.

#23 Edited by pyromagnestir (4247 posts) -

No.

#24 Edited by Abendlaender (2765 posts) -

I'm much more interested in how many female Giant Bombers can grow a beard.

But to answer this: Saddly I can. Super annoying, if it was a bit cheaper I would shoot lasers at my face to stop it.

#25 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -
#26 Edited by _Chad (963 posts) -

Yes, it keeps my face warm.

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Also, why is this for male giant bombers only? Some females can grow beards.

SEXIST BULLSHIT!

#28 Edited by Shimmy (182 posts) -

No, but then I don't feel I live a beardy sort of life.

#29 Edited by Bocam (3672 posts) -

I've seen many women with beards.

#30 Posted by Sterling (2078 posts) -
#31 Edited by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

I can grow a pretty nice beard, I've gone through puberty.

#32 Edited by Kidable (127 posts) -

Yeah but mine just stops growing at like...2 centimeters long and just looks messy and unkempt and pubic.

#33 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

Rocking a handlebar mustache and trimmed the beard down to a triangular shape. Now I just need to learn how to fence and I can hop into my time travel machine and blend in.

Beard on brothers and sisters.

#34 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Yes/no. It grows in clumps and never very thick. When I don't shave for a week the lower half of my chin looks like a hairy scrotum without the wrinkles. I also can't grow facial hair in the moustache area. I have never had to shave there my entire life and its barren of hair.

It makes me very sad that I'm not able to as well. As a kid it's the only reason I was looking forward to getting older and growing up. I dreamt of the day I could grow facial hair but it will never be. Get your shit together science!

I feel you not being able to grow in certain spot-ness. With my facial hair, the mustache, soul patch, and lower beard never connect, so even at my best I get a sort of Bon Iver looking thing going.

It's so frustrating! You're so close, damn it!

#35 Posted by Slay3r1583 (600 posts) -

Nope, I'm 30 years old and I can't grow any kind of facial hair. My face isn't completely hair free so I do occasionally have to shave but it is just so thin and sparse it doesn't form into any thing.

#36 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I suppose I could, but it probably wouldn't look very good.

Also I don't think generic metal-head-guy looks particularly badass, but whatever.

#37 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I can, but I try to keep it at stubble.

#38 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

Nope, just comes in all patchy. I'm only 21 so fingers crossed for the future...

#39 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3175 posts) -

I have all the cool facial hair and nice full chest hair, but it has never really gotten me anything more overheated during the summer. Also having a beard / a lot of facial hair as well as really long hair is just a nuisance and makes me unnecessarily warmer / sweatier as well.

#40 Posted by Max_Cherry (1131 posts) -

Yes. I can grow a beard very quickly.

#41 Posted by cloudymusic (1051 posts) -

Yeah, but I keep it short so it doesn't annoy me and/or look too unkempt.

#42 Edited by mlarrabee (2886 posts) -

The cheeks are too spotty. I could grow a decent goatee but that's not my style. My dad was the same way at my age but he's had terrific beards off and on again throughout the years, so I'm not worried.

#43 Edited by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Well, here is what I have right now. My second attempt at growing facial hair (well...second one I kept for any length of time). Feedback welcome.

#44 Edited by Roger778 (953 posts) -

I have had a nicely groomed, beard for years, and I don't plan on getting rid of it.

#45 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Yep, and I even have red hair to boot; Norse blood reigns supreme.

#46 Edited by believer258 (11642 posts) -

Eh. Not really. Not one that I could be satisfied with, anyway, and I'd rather be clean-shaven.

#47 Edited by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

I've got a shaolin master goatee.

#48 Posted by CornBREDX (4815 posts) -

Yes.

Weird that it is considered not bad ass if you can't.

Having a beard makes you look older, and not having one makes you look younger.

As I get older the idea of looking younger is actually fairly appealing.

#49 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Yeah, sorta. I keep it around out of pity.

I have a beard.

Prove it.

#50 Posted by Video_Game_King (36031 posts) -

@jjweatherman:

You will understand if I am uncomfortable showing my face.