• 77 results
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

Every FPS game that came out this year,  has had a "disappointment of the year" thread.
I have not played any of them because I don't like FPS games that much. I just thought this was funny.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

I think you mean "Man, the internet".

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Not necessarily true. It has to do with the advertising as well.

In my case, my expectations for Battlefield 3 and it's multiplayer were fairly high, I was hoping for more destructible buildings and a fun single-player.

What I got was a decrease in destruction and I have found the online completely frustrating due to lackluster servers and other factors.

Furthermore, I found the single player poorly executed and highly derivative.

Also, I am not what one would consider a FPS fan.

I prefer RPGs :D

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BlinkyTM

Well, your face.

Seriously though, people get hyped up for games and when they don't meet their expectations they get annoyed.

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By duggshammer

@Cloudenvy said:

I think you mean "Man, the internet".

It's what the internet's for - complaining. It's why they only talk about 'bad' things on the news, because saying positive things doesn't pose an arguement. Most people would just not go out of their way to make a 'This is the best game evarrrr!' thread, it either won't go anywhere or they'll be flamed. But, all it takes is one person who's really frustrated to start going crazy about all the things wrong with the game... it makes other people notice and look out for those negative things too. I'm glad there are ppl still around that can just enjoy a good fuckin flawed game, and not bitch like they're on jersey shore about every little detail.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Battlefield and Red Orchestra 2 are both very good games. Crysis 2 was pretty bad. Those are all I have played. I think people just need to stop playing every stupid FPS developers churn out, especially when they are from the same few time and time again.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

Gamers are beings who wish to hate things, and they're pretty good at finding reasons for doing so. *prepares for people to yell at me about this comment*

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jetsetwillie

@BlinkyTM said:

Well, your face.

Seriously though, people get hyped up for games and when they don't meet their expectations they get annoyed.

yeah but they get excited like a child at christmas. there expectations are so high that nothing could possible come close.

that of course those that have played it. most of course havnt and are just cocks

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not really, some people just like to bitch about the small things.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Video_Game_King said:

Gamers are beings who wish to hate things, and they're pretty good at finding reasons for doing so. *prepares for people to yell at me about this comment*

Man, shut the fuck up! You know nothing about nothing!

:D

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nightriff

I think gamers in general are hard to please really, including myself, so just saying FPS games is harsh, Uncharted 3 doesn't have disappointment of the year threads, that I'm aware about, but most of them are complaining about the game. And I'm sure Skyrim come Friday noontime there will be plenty of hate threads for it, gamers are just assholes and very demanding, and I'm one of them

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Nightriff said:

I'm sure Skyrim come Friday noontime there will be plenty of hate threads for it

No.

:P

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Pretty much every game that's come out this year has had a 'disappointment of the year' thread. Gamers are a bunch of whiney little bitches.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nightriff

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

I'm sure Skyrim come Friday noontime there will be plenty of hate threads for it

No.

I think there are already hate threads.....sorry :(

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By BeachThunder

I really enjoyed Hard Reset =D

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arker101

@Video_Game_King: STFU NEWB. BF3 is so beterer then Cod I could care less.

Yeah, I mean where else will you be able to voice your opinions on stuff? I dislike it when people simply hate a game without voicing their reasons, but that's happened to me before, and I can't blame anyone for succumbing to hyperbole. And heck, how much fun would the internet be if it was just just everybody agreeing with each other?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

Whiny bitches!

Kidding..mostly :P

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jetsetwillie

@AlexW00d said:

Battlefield and Red Orchestra 2 are both very good games. Crysis 2 was pretty bad. Those are all I have played. I think people just need to stop playing every stupid FPS developers churn out, especially when they are from the same few time and time again.

what was so bad about crysis 2. i thought it was great fun

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexW00d

@jetsetwillie: Quite boring, step down graphically from it's 4 year old predecessor, no freedom, really easy due to all the 'perks', and the story was non existent.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TeamJersey

@Still_I_Cry: DARK SOULS. SKYRIM. This will be a good time of year for you then.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TeamJersey said:

@Still_I_Cry: DARK SOULS. SKYRIM. This will be a good time of year for you then.

I know :D

I am having an RPG overload!

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ramone

@Video_Game_King said:

I'm not going to yell but I think that's the sort of generalisation we need to get over if people are going to start being mature about game criticism. Most 'gamers' are reasonable people with their own perfectly valid opinions and when they post something in a forum which is intelligent and balanced no-one notices but when some trolls or flames or does whatever other stupid internet thing they feel like doing everyone notices, and it becomes a big news thing whereas really it should just be ignored. Those people are either immature or have some sort of psychological problem. However automatically assuming that the person typing those negative words about the game you love (or vice versa) is an idiot means we can't really start to have meaningful discussions about certain games or the industry as a whole. However if you treat everyone as you're intellectual equal it means we can have these discussions (even if it does lead to occasional feeding of the troll).

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jetsetwillie

@AlexW00d said:

@jetsetwillie: Quite boring, step down graphically from it's 4 year old predecessor, no freedom, really easy due to all the 'perks', and the story was non existent.

i have to take point with the graphics. i've just built a brand new PC (i7 2600k GTX570) and the first game i played on it was crysis as everyone on the internet says its the best looking game their is.

but after playing C1 and C2 (with the high res textures and DX11) and imo C2 is way nice looking than C1.

i also found it a way more focused and varied experance that C1 (which i did fuck love to be fair). i just preferred C2

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By ventilaator

FPS fans aren't hard to please because if people still identify as FPS fans they clearly don't understand what's wrong with the genre and BF3 and MW3 are completley amazing.

The disappointment of the year awards are coming from people who were already feeling done with the genre.

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Packie

@AlexW00d said:

I disagree on the story...

It was pointless, confusing, convoluted garbage. From what I gathered from the plot is "conspiracy theories and aliens are bad.". Sure, the first one didn't have much on terms of story but at least it realized that it was nothing more than an action game and the story only served as an excuse to get the player from point A to point B in a huge playground. Pretty much agree on everything else.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

@jetsetwillie: I'm not counting Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch as that came like 2 months after the game, and I had finished with the game by then. But even then, the boring New York setting was just, well, bland. The tropical setting of the first game was brilliant.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingzetta

the only FPS I've played this year is Bulletstorm, and that game was pretty good.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scarace360

Fighting game fans are even harder.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@scarace360 said:

Because they don't like messy violences exploding all over their faces? (sorry if I got that quote wrong)

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kingzetta
@scarace360 said:

Well they just complain that other people are cheap.
jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jetsetwillie

@AlexW00d said:

@jetsetwillie: I'm not counting Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch as that came like 2 months after the game, and I had finished with the game by then. But even then, the boring New York setting was just, well, bland. The tropical setting of the first game was brilliant.

i thought the opposite. 10 hours of just trees, sand and rock got boring to me. i found C2 to be way more varied.

you should check it out with the High res pack and DX11. it looks way better than C1. second best looking game on the PC imo behind BF3

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By huntad

Assuming this is true, which I am still questioning, the FPS genre is so oversaturated that if there weren't such high expectations, then companies could just put out the same game every year without fail...lol.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By david3cm

Any (i hate to use this term) triple A title while have a 'biggest disappointment of the year' thread. The most vocal of people are the ones who hate a game. There are plenty of reasons for that, the people that like a game may be to busy actually playing it to go on the internet and write about how awesome it is, some people like to stir up shit so they talk alot of smack on the game, or some people may have legitimate issues with a product and wish to see if anyone else shares their views. But when a game, an FPS or any other genre, sells millions of copies, its more then likely your not going to please all of those people, and people hate wasting money.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hunkulese

@Ramone: If you're looking for someplace to have a mature conversation about game criticism the internet is the last place you should look.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Hunkulese said:

@Ramone: If you're looking for someplace to have a mature conversation about game criticism the internet is the last place you should look.

Mature conversations with others who have opinions that differ from your own is a hard thing to find in general.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Still_I_Cry said:

@scarace360 said:

Because they don't like messy violences exploding all over their faces? (sorry if I got that quote wrong)

Wasn't that from "Final Fight" or something like that?

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

Who is making these threads? I think we should strap them to a chair and force them to complete every mission and side quest in Skyrim! If they refuse, they will receive a slap in the face.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By redbliss

@kingzetta: I guess that raises the question of whether those people could actually be considered FPS fans? The only games that I could understand some disappointment for are Fear 3 and maybe Brink. For the other games you could make a strong argument that the disappointment was unreasonable. The CoD and Battlefield 3 hate is unreal, and people really need to grow up. They are both good games in their own regard.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By scarace360

@kingzetta said:

@scarace360 said:

Well they just complain that other people are cheap.

Complain about way more than that. Infinites, gems, x factor, parry, everything.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cloudenvy

@BlinkyTM:

You have no idea just how many threads I've seen about Skyrim's "pathetic" graphics over the last couple of days. : (

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nightriff

@BlinkyTM said:

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

Who is making these threads? I think we should strap them to a chair and force them to complete every mission and side quest in Skyrim! If they refuse, they will receive a slap in the face.

I'm afraid I could be one of those people, I HATED Oblivion but I hope to God I like Skyrim....we shall see in the coming days

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aetheldod

The problem with this years FPS games is that most of them felt like a step backwards (FEAR 3, Duke Nukem, Crysis 2) , or at best half steps foward (BF3 , COD , Killzone 3) or that they just came too late to matter anymore (Resistance 3) , or just felt stagnated .... :( I just hope that next year´s batch actually tries to make the genre better.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Nightriff said:

@BlinkyTM said:

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

I'm afraid I could be one of those people, I HATED Oblivion but I hope to God I like Skyrim....we shall see in the coming days

I actually really enjoyed Oblivion so I am not worried :D

@Cloudenvy said:

@BlinkyTM:

You have no idea just how many threads I've seen about Skyrim's "pathetic" graphics over the last couple of days. : (

I thought the game looked gorgeous. -_-

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Unfortunately people tend not to like every game they buy, so disappointment will be inevitable whether that's based on expectations, differing wants in terms of mechanics, different levels of gaming experience and knowledge and so on. Not a big deal really.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Branthog

It's called being an enthusiast. Enthusiasts tend to be overly optimistic about some things, overly pessimistic about others, often let-down by things that simply will never live up to expectations, and enjoy responding to things with disproportionately apoplectic rage. It's all part of the fun of being an enthusiast, whether about games, movies, books, music, A/V, or anything else.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By upwarDBound

@BlinkyTM said:

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

I know of a site where nobody hates on any game and they are all treated fairly and with respect. This site is known as the RPG Codex and you will not have a more uplifting experience anywhere else. They especially love all of Bethesda's games and hold them in high regard. Sometimes it's nice to get away from all the hate and negativity of the internet, and this site is just the place. *snicker*

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By soldierg654342

There's a glut of FPS games on the market. I think fans of the genre can afford to be choosy.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Winternet

Probably because FPS is one of the purest genres in video games (along with RTS and fighting games). But, fighting games fans. Now those are some HARD fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FPS have been dumb down massively over the years ever since cod4 theres not much challenge to them anymore they have become stale.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

@BlinkyTM said:

@Nightriff said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Nightriff said:

No.

I actually really enjoyed Oblivion so I am not worried :D

@Cloudenvy said:

@BlinkyTM:

I thought the game looked gorgeous. -_-

People saying the game looks pathetic are most likely experiencing the 360 HDD bug that makes the game have low res textures.