• 93 results
JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

Nothing at all coming out till March. Really sucks because I could really go for something new.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Atwa

Nothing that interest you, you mean?

Danganronpa, Toukiden, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Divinity Original Sin, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles are games ill pick up NEXT month.

And march is even more crowded, jeez.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

I booted up Heroes of Might & Magic VI for the first time yesterday, I bought it years ago during some Steam sale. After struggling with Uplay for an hour or so I rather enjoyed it.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Superkenon

Bravely Default!

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bravely Default!

Definitely get that Americans! We Europeans got it in December and it is excellent!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa: not till dark souls 2 hopefully the american vita tv will come out.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yeah, most interesting things for me aren't for a while.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is actually one of my favorite times for gaming. Post holiday sales where you can pick up great stuff you missed for cheap. And since there isn't a ton of new stuff for a bit, you can spend quality time with all of those catch up games.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jz: Also, this is a good time to catch up on games you might've missed the boat on before, if there's really nothin' for ya coming soon.

I've actually just started Mass Effect for the first time ever, haha. Got some others lined up too, plus other old games that I just want to replay.

@atwa said:

@superkenon said:

Bravely Default!

Definitely get that Americans! We Europeans got it in December and it is excellent!

I'm way anxious to get it, but I'm happy when you guys actually get something awesome ahead of us. What is this crazy new world...?!

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if I didn't miss anything?

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

Then you're a super-human who should take up additional hobbies haha.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Danganronpa's coming out next month. Then there's the eternal backlog.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Another stretch to catch up on my backlog I suppose.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I love this time of year. I figure I have until March to get through some of my backlog of Steam games. Then Dark Souls 2 is going to come out, and that will keep me occupied for at least a few months. By that time it'll be summer and then we're in the home stretch leading up to the fall release window.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Starve tomorrow for free. Played a little on PC... was fun.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thrilled. There are a few releases I have some interest in, but nothing I don't mind waiting on. And I have a bunch of shit in my backlog I can continue working on. In addition to that, I can set aside money for these new consoles and grab them before anything that I really care about comes out for them.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@joshwent said:

And since there isn't a ton of new stuff for a bit, you can spend quality time with all of those catch up games.

Yep, this might be a good time for me to finally play Fallout 3.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Nothing at all!

But seriously, it's nothing unusual to have the line-ups a bit thin. Use this time wisely as I'm sure you haven't been able to play all releases ever that you're interested in.

Personally just picked up Sound Shapes yesterday and I'm picking my way through it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Humanity

@joshwent said:

And since there isn't a ton of new stuff for a bit, you can spend quality time with all of those catch up games.

Yep, this might be a good time for me to finally play Fallout 3.

It's never a good time to play Fallout 3.

I'm in the same boat, nothing to play for a while. Nothing to really catch up on either apart from Metal Gear Rising which I'll get this week on Steam. Maybe in March I'll get a PS4 and Infamous, although apart from nice graphics I have my doubts about how much that game will wow me in terms of gameplay.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By senrat

I never buy games right when they come out anyway so I don't have this problem. I have a 4 game backlog to play.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Pie

Always stuff to do games to play

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I mean, Bravely Default and Lightning Returns are out in a month. And I guess that Danganronpa thing has people excited. And then in March there is inFamous and Titanfall so yeah...seems like a solid three months.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have to be new to be worth playing. Try something different.

There are literally decades of game releases out there for you to play. I'm sure you missed something.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pretty bad time for games, but it's a perfect time for me cause I'm starting a new career and trying to get my shit together. Games are just going to be in the way for my next three months. Plus no games just means I can play more EVE Online and GT6.

brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@jz: Theif, Dark Souls II, Witcher 3, Titanfall, Lighting Returns (I think)

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McShank

Bravely Default is coming soon, Have Dark Souls and South Park both on Pre-order and same with Tales of HD. I am currently finishing ME3 since I have the trilogy on ps3 and farcry 3 which I stopped playing a long time ago. Also have GT6 to fend off boredom.. i dont need 101 new games right now damnit! Everything I am buying is a damn Collectors edition anyway so I cant afford more.. like how this friday I am buying The Witch and the hundred Knights collectors!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

Then you've packed at least a dozen games into the course of 3 months an finished them completely. You only have yourself to blame. Get a hobby.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

March has quite a few big game releases and there's some stuff here and there in the interim, but I have quite a few games on the shelf and in my Steam library that I look forward to having an opportunity to catch up on.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So much backlog for me to get back at. Metro: LL now among many others, plus finishing launch games I just basically started will keep me busy for a few months. Then in March the trifecta of DS2, Titanfall, and D3: Reaper of Souls which I can't wait for(PTR daily almost until then:). All that and the guys here doing their full time business again makes this time just fine for me and video games et al.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Guess it's time for me to dig into Dragons Dogma...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's to be expected during this time of year, but yeah, there's really not that much going on. There haven't been any new releases I wanted to play since the end of November, and there's nothing in January either. I'm basically just waiting on Bravely Default. Good time to do some work on classic games.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am open to, and have enjoyed, games from pretty much every genre, so I always have plenty of games from past years that I haven't played.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JZ

@e30bmw: yeah I have way to much time on my hands.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazybagman: finished them or just didn't like a lot of them.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I like this time of year for catching up on stuff, I usually am fairly caught up. I'm on vacation right now and really don't have much to play. Bit of a bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I'm sure some surprise gem will crop up on Steam... I bought Gunman Clive as a curiosity and it was a fun little NES like platform/shooter... would never have played it if I had a schedule... think i'll buy a random curiosity every week before anything big comes out!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

In over thirty years of games?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@joshwent said:

This is actually one of my favorite times for gaming. Post holiday sales where you can pick up great stuff you missed for cheap. And since there isn't a ton of new stuff for a bit, you can spend quality time with all of those catch up games.

Same here.

Plenty I haven't played. Looking at XCOM EW foremost. And more time to think I maybe should buy a 3DS just for Fire Emblem.... yay! (JK it sucks)

Luckily Banner Saga out soon here hopefully that's a great SRPG for me to dig into.

Also still waiting for Battlefield 4 to improve a bit here and jump in for the first time. Big fan of the series and after I didn't pick up right on release, got plenty of reasons to wait.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really mind too much... such a huge backlog...

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why it's nice to have a game that you can always come back to (i.e., multiplayer or strategy or something) to get you through lulls.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dalai

January is pretty dead, I'll give you that. I've got Donkey Kong Country to look forward to next month and maybe Bravely Default, but I'm not quite sure if I want to buy it right away. After that, it's all a blur. There's stuff, but nothing too compelling in the foreseeable future for me.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many games came out this Oct-Dec I'll be playing those... And Bravely Default. Then March happens and my wallet screams in pain. Thankfully, I also have hours of entertainment provided by the Giant Bomb crew. I have so much DOTA to watch...

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a crowded fall/winter. I thought publishers learned to spread titles out better after the holidays?

I guess the new consoles blew those ideas out of the water.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zeik

I'm almost glad actually. I'm already struggling to try and buy the games I do want. And Bravely Default is close enough that it doesn't feel like that much of a wait.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Some day I will burn through my backlog of games. Someday... In the mean time, nothing I have or coming out is really firing me up. Desperately need a game or two to play with a friend. We have been playing the same few games forever and nothing seems to be doing it as of late. There was a time when a day didn't go by that we weren't playing something for hours on end. Now it's days/weeks in between doing anything.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zeik

@viciousbearmauling: There's no way you believe that. I think there's only two possible stances you can have now. You either think the series is already dead or you think that game looks promising. I don't believe there is anyone on the planet who thinks the series was fine until now but that game will kill it.