Mane6 launches Indiegogo campaign for Them's Fightin' Herds, the spiritual successor to Fighting is Magic

inknail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By inknail

Slightly surprised there wasn't a topic about this yet.

Link to Indiegogo

Mane6, the dev team who were working on MLP: Fighting is Magic, before it was C&D'ed, have been making progress developing a new fighting game, and Intellectual Property, with the help of Lauren Faust and using the Skullgirls engine. They've launched an Indiegogo campaign in order to fund the project, which they've been working on in their spare time up until now.

The new game has no connections to MLP, aside from featuring talking, hoofed animals as the main cast, and is an entirely new IP. It also has some pretty cool features, beyond it being a solid-looking, 2D, four-button fighter. I'm really interested in the dynamic music system and interactive lobby. I'm pretty hype for this game since I loved the work these guys were putting into Fighting is Magic, and this looks to have more polish, originality and character.

Short story; if you've ever wanted to play a fighting game in which cute, hoofed critters beat each other up, this might be up your alley!

*edit: Their Steam Greenlight is live as well!

inknail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@l1ghtn1n:

Yeah, the 4-button scheme with character-specific abilities for the 4th button reminds me a lot of BB's Drives, but the combos for this game and its predecessor for some reason always remind me more of MBAAC style with ABC->launcher->ABC basic combos that give way to much more complex combos as you learn about what each character can deliver. I guess that's like most fighting games to some degree. I feel like there have been a lot of great indie fighting games in early development, crowdfunding, and/or Greenlight lately. I'm hoping that some games like these can help introduce more people to the genre.

Latest news is that the game is now Greenlit on Steam, meaning that they'll be able to use Steam to distribute the game as well as a beta of the game post-release for backers ($40 and up tiers receive beta support so far). They've also nearly hit the halfway point in their funding, so the campaign is pretty good so far as long as people continue to get the word out. Speaking of which, some of the devs are going to stream some gameplay, development process, and early development glances at two of the other characters (Paprika, the alpaca and Oleander, the unicorn) tomorrow on their twitch channel! They're starting at 7:00pm EST or 4:00pm PST, if you want to learn more about the game and its developers.