User Lists: 1

My god...

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Mario Party Party is my favourite but people whining about Mario Party Party is my least favourite

You don't have to watch everything and you don't have to like everything why are you making yourselves miserable it is just dumb fun you nerds

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Mario Party Party is my favourite but people whining about Mario Party Party is my least favourite

You don't have to watch everything and you don't have to like everything why are you making yourselves miserable it is just dumb fun you nerds

Fuck you! When Jeff is sad, I'm sad. Stop this madness. Stop torturing Jeff Gerstmann!

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tajasaurus said:

Fuck you! When Jeff is sad, I'm sad. Stop this madness. Stop torturing Jeff Gerstmann!

Fuck you! He has the power to shut this down whenever he wants. Jeff is a masochist!

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By matiaz_tapia

@tajasaurus said:

Don't know man...content is thin nowadays for other reasons and it's paid content.

I think is weirder that there's content that makes people miserable ( even weirder that in order for people to not be, they have to guess what content is good before they watch it...nobody is a clairvoyant). If people have things to say that might improve it, that's good for everyone.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are the only times I truly feel alive!

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NoLastName
@bisonhero said:

Dan is pretty much Jeff Jr.

My god

Although I have to say MPP 3 was a bit of a letdown. How seriously Brad took the second one is a big part of why it was so great, including his wager with Dan, His no-care attitude in MPP3 is a big part of what made MPP3 a bit of a letdown. Drew breaking half-way through and having Jason sub for, though, was pretty great.

As much as I love Brad, if Brad isn't going to care then they should sub him for someone.

It's kind of like on the Bombcast, Brad became a lot better when he was made host because it made him stay alert and attentive. Brad needs something, like a wager, to keep him interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

There's a lot of whining in this thread so I'm here to say that I love every one of the MPPs so far and I look forward to the new one.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betaband said:

@matiaz_tapia said:

@tajasaurus said:

Don't know man...content is thin nowadays for other reasons and it's paid content.

I think is weirder that there's content that makes people miserable ( even weirder that in order for people to not be, they have to guess what content is good before they watch it...nobody is a clairvoyant). If people have things to say that might improve it, that's good for everyone.

Sorry if it upsets you.

What has been said in this thread that will improve it? Is it the guy calling Dan a twat or the guy calling him redundant? Please educate us.

In this thread? Not sure, I wasn't talking about this thread. I get the tone of your reply and that you are a bit crossed with me, but I'll reply honestly.

I suppose nothing concrete can be taken from simply looking at one particular comment. There is however a bit of an animosity towards Dan's attitude...sometimes misguided as an animosity towards him as a person ( which is less constructive)

I'm not sure what could be done. They are still the same crew and it's still funny. But I suppose from this thread I can point out the comparison to the Fortune Street TNT, which had a different tone. A better tone one might argue.

Adding Vinny to the mix would have been perfect but it's not possible( he makes people better, nicer). Dan and Brad get along, but their chemistry needs work . Dan probably needs to calm down a bit with the wrestling persona he ties to pull from time to time when it comes to being competitive...but he listens to nobody and he already has a fan base willing to go the extra mile to defend him, even when a big portion of the audience finds him troublesome at times for one reason or another. That in particular only helps to have people being real nasty to each other on the comment sections.

There needs to be a real incentive for them wanting to play the game to win, I think. In the past that kind of competitiveness came naturally and the attitude was different. The dynamic might change now that they are all going blind into 4. I really hope it's a better game since Mario Party's pacing is literally exhausting, it seems.

But no suggestions would matter. GB is all about going al natural and let things sort out on their own. What I'm hoping for them to do is to look at the general reception of the feature so they can figure what can they do to make things better, if they want to. I'd personally like for them to want to make things better...GB is a fan base community and it's hard to take criticism when it's hard to give it.Not that people tend to be good at giving criticism on comment sections, but one can extrapolate stuff if willing to ignore the metaphorical kicking and screaming. Which is hard to do since it's easier to assume the worse out of someone who doesn't share one's opinion. We are all kinda bad at that.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By newmoneytrash

I just want to say I called you all nerds lovingly I love and respect you all and your opinions even if we all occasionally disagree about what we find entertaining and if you don't like Mario Party Party may you find the semi-regular content that you *do* like in the future lets just all be friends and have fun amen

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did not expect it to be this quick (was thinking sometime in July). I don't know what to expect from MP4, I stopped playing them after the 3rd so everything beyond this point is new to me. Mario Party Party 3 was difficult for me to get through, don't know why, so I'm hoping this one will be as fun as the first 2...I'm sorry "fun" lol.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait. Easily one of my favorite premium features. Is it messed up to seek enjoyment from their mario party suffering? perhaps...

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djmoo: I don't think so. If you are playing Mario Party willingly, you can only blame yourself for whatever happens to you. Sorta like if you go to Taco Bell.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stryker1121

Once more unto the breach, dear friends.

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*fingers crossed* that someone makes a wager with Dan.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Holy shit yes, it's real.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thought it wasn't nearly as awkward as the third MPP and Brad in the final hour was on form, he was reveling in Dan's failings. Enjoyed this one a lot, also it probably helped that Mario Party 4 actually seemed like a better game than the first 3. The mushrooms and items actually added strategy to the game and lead to some great moments.

'IF I CAN'T HAVE IT! NOBODY CAN!' had me rolling

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 38

Thought it wasn't nearly as awkward as the third MPP and Brad in the final hour was on form, he was reveling in Dan's failings. Enjoyed this one a lot, also it probably helped that Mario Party 4 actually seemed like a better game than the first 3. The mushrooms and items actually added strategy to the game and lead to some great moments.

'IF I CAN'T HAVE IT! NOBODY CAN!' had me rolling

I always knew Brad was a "Scorched Earth" personality type.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: It's definitely better than 3. People tend to hate on Mario Party 4 because it doesn't have that many mini-games and a lot of them are very simple. However, especially 3 is full of mini-games that are just completely janky and do not control well.

Seeing this series somehow has made me appreciate Mario Party 9 and 10 more and more. I don't know why. Probably because it has destroyed the nostalgia I've had for the old games.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly they need to play WarioWare just to play something fun for a change.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the whole thing live, the were a few great moments, as is always to be expected with GB, but I didn't really enjoy it that much, Mario Party Party 3 was much funnier. Maybe it's getting old at this point? Not sure how interested I am in seeing another 6 of these... Maybe even 7 if Mario Party 11 is out by the time they get to 10...

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do any of the Mario Parties have online multiplayer and support for more than 4 players?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@personandstuff: nope. I think Mario Party 10 allows for a fifth player (being Bowser on the Wii U gamepad)

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The others I thought were just a test of my patience, this one was the first one I found legitimately entertaining. Maybe because it's finally gotten to that point where repetition of a bad joke actually becomes funny.

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@personandstuff: Mario Party 7 (GC) allows 8 players set up as 4 teams of 2. They would have to share a controller though, quite literally using half each in minigames, which sounds dubious.

I'd like to see them trade off halfway through, or every set number of rounds. It'd be fun to bring in outside people from Gamespot (Danny, Mary) or the industry (Lang, for example).

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkjr92:

That would be cool. I was thinking about a dual stream situation. East and West.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinner458: well they take a good break between games, so that should hopefully alleviate some series burnout

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By Brendan

@pinner458: That's interesting, because the common sentiment I see is that most people liked MPP3 a lot less than MPP4.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Mario Party 9 is gonna kill them, the minigames repeat a LOT in that one.