Marketingspeak Predictions for 2015

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By Brackynews

During a recent train of thought about J Allard, the term Brandbassador coalesced in my head. It's not a new term but at a scarce 60k+ Google results including a twitter hashtag search of record, it's certainly poised to take 2015 by buzzstorm.

Suggest your most sadistically ear-flaying marketingspeak you hope to see drowning out truth in 2015.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

I look forward to continued mis-use of the words twerk, selfie and exclusive

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Shindig

Nu-bisoft.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Numerous AAA games with be marketed as featuring 'enhanced insomnia prevention'.

nixonsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nixonsghost

I think beta and alpha will be replaced with "Pre-Play", as in "Pay us more to get exclusive access to Pre-Play the new Call of Duty - Moon Soldiers!"

Then they can tack on the Pre-Play Beta, so people will feel like they're getting early access to the early access.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Don't really have one but expect a large amount of "feedback" related stuff.

You asked, we listened and all that.

Ubi, EA, Acti, 343 all will do this big time.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

This year is going to be the big one for VR, so I foresee a return to throwing the word "immersive" around.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LeStephan

Hahaha great thread!

I bet we're gonna hear a whole lot more about "immersive experiences", "immersive story telling" and whatever the fuck they feel like telling us is so immersive about our video games as always :) And I think we may get a few new names for "Pre Order DLC" as that term is kinda turning negative.

I'm also expecting a whole lot of new ways to make it sound like something is exclusive while it is actually not.

EDIT:And what NixonsGhost just said above me sounds eerily plausible

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I bet at some point this year a game company will have a twitter campaign where you take a selfie with their game.

At some point this year a game company will end up in the brands tweeting bae twitter account as well.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This year is going to be the big one for VR, so I foresee a return to throwing the word "immersive" around.

But only from people with British accents.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nixonsghost: You have a bright future in marketing, and I hate you for it =)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ShaggE

"And now, the CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot."

"At this year's E3, we at Ubisoft wanted to break expectations. Gamers around the world have been particularly curious about the future of the critically-acknowledged Assassin's Creed franchise. This year, it is my pleasure to announce that Ubisoft is spearheading a new initiative called 'QPlay'. QPlay is our way of not only delivering a better product to you, the gamer, but also expanding the job market.

What is QPlay, you ask? Well, QPlay, or '#QPlay', involves a new team of Ubisoft employees that search for and document bugs in our products BEFORE they are released to the world. This 'Quality Assurance' team, or 'QA' team (hence the title of our initiative), will be dedicated to making sure you, the gamer, will be able to enjoy our stories the way we envisioned them. We feel that this will revolutionize not only the video game industry, but perhaps the entire software industry, and maybe even the very concept of 'industry'.

This QPlay team is hard at work on our next Assassin's Creed product as we speak. We are proud to announce Assassin's Creed 6: How About London This Time?, in working condition *pauses for cheers and applause*, later this year. Thank you and enjoy the rest of E3."

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the shit storm that was shipping of broke-ass games, I expect any high budget game that gets delayed (from a major publisher) to be branded with some positive bullshit buzzword that makes it look like they really, really do care about the quality of the final release. This buzzword will be so cringe inducing I don't want to lower myself to that to even attempt a guess... ok i'll give it a shot, how's "funjustment"? As in "Assassins Creed [X] has been pushed back by 3 months to allow our developers extra funjustment time to ensure you..." fuck it i'm out.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suspect we'll hear about one of them utter the words "shipped feature complete" trying to explain why their game release completely broken.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Most of 2015's games, the delays from 2014, will we shipped as "what you've been waiting for."

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Given the shit storm that was shipping of broke-ass games, I expect any high budget game that gets delayed (from a major publisher) to be branded with some positive bullshit buzzword that makes it look like they really, really do care about the quality of the final release. This buzzword will be so cringe inducing I don't want to lower myself to that to even attempt a guess... ok i'll give it a shot, how's "funjustment"? As in "Assassins Creed [X] has been pushed back by 3 months to allow our developers extra funjustment time to ensure you..." fuck it i'm out.

That's right, Kerry. We're enacting a little something we like to refer to internally as 'The Delayzement Protocol' to ensure the optimal funjustment of this exciting product.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The "Nemesis System" will be brought up a lot.

slayers_bernie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slayers_bernie

Ubisoft should sell bug fixes as part of a DLC package. I have a feeling we'll still be hearing "see that x in the distance? you can go there." from japanese devs for a while

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"All new drop-in/drop-out cooperative gameplay"

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#20  Edited By Brackynews

@nixonsghost said:

I think beta and alpha will be replaced with "Pre-Play", as in "Pay us more to get exclusive access to Pre-Play the new Call of Duty - Moon Soldiers!"

Then they can tack on the Pre-Play Beta, so people will feel like they're getting early access to the early access.

Likely most accurate. Just wanted to thank you for crushing the last remnants of my joy for life. Didn't want it anyway.

@brightside: Funjustified!

@spraynardtatum: Nemesystm?

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great thread! Bill Hicks would probably roll over in his grave if he heard any of those concepts.

• Dynamically narrated respawning
  • MMOCOOP
  • Whale nudging retention
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2