#1 Posted by kagai (108 posts) -

I watched the Marvel Pinball quick look, but when I tried to share the link I noticed that it had disappeared.  Was the video supposed to be held until tomorrow?

#2 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

Saw it earlier today as well, maybe it was too long? (38 minutes) :P

#3 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

Yeah what a bummer, I really wanted to watch it

#4 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1423 posts) -

Well, they mentioned the game wasn't out yet, so maybe they posted it too early.  Probably still under NDA or something.  It'll be back up, eventually

#5 Posted by DukeTogo (1505 posts) -

They probably wanted to edit down the time spent on the Spiderman table.  There also was a lot of misinformation and general lack of detail in the difference between the XBLA and PSN releases.

#6 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -

I enjoyed it. Too bad it's gone.

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -
@DukeTogo said:
"There also was a lot of misinformation and general lack of detail in the difference between the XBLA and PSN releases. "

Very much doubt that would be a reason to take it down since in most of the QLs the crew is very misinformed and generally just give their "first impressions" on things. People have many many times bashed the crew (not saying you are) for saying wrong stuff about the games they play, which the crew defend with that they're just taping how it is playing the game for the first time. QLs are mostly there to amuse us, not inform us. 

That's my take on it at least. :)
#8 Posted by Sarumarine (2056 posts) -

Disappearing Quick Looks are fascinating. Sometimes they don't reappear, although all I'm going on for that is the "Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light" that Ryan and Matt did that never saw the light of day again. I guess it helps that I watched it before it disappeared. It would be cool to find out what happened but that would probably involve pestering one of the guys. I don't find it all that critical to find out. Like other posters have said, maybe they put it up too early.

Maybe there was too much Jeff playing for a high score action for viewers to handle.

#9 Posted by kagai (108 posts) -

I was looking forward to sharing the video, regardless I will definitely be picking this up tomorrow.

#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5649 posts) -

I watched it all earlier...weird that it vanished. It'll probably be back tomorrow?

#11 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -
@kagai said:
"I was looking forward to sharing the video, regardless I will definitely be picking this up tomorrow. "

Picking up Pinball FX2 tomorrow and all the tables! Just wish someone on my 360 friendslist played the game :(
#12 Edited by kagai (108 posts) -
@CrazyChris: Send me a friend request: Kagai

I've got all the tables.
#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9738 posts) -

Well, if they are taking out part of the video, I'm glad I caught it in its raw, original form. 

#14 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -
@kagai:
Sweet!
#15 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Hmm. I dunno. I have the video downloaded on my computer right now. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Probably just put up too early.

@Sarumarine: 
?

#16 Posted by Sarumarine (2056 posts) -
@General_D23: 
Oh, there it is.

I swear I put that into the search box and it never popped up for me. Guess it didn't stay down for long then.
#17 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" @General_D23:  Oh, there it is.  I swear I put that into the search box and it never popped up for me. Guess it didn't stay down for long then. "
Yeah, its my understanding that there were areas and things in the video that they weren't supposed to show and they had to take it down. I seem to remember it popping back up after the game came out.
#18 Posted by Chris2KLee (2308 posts) -

Wesley Snipes got his legal team to take it down :)

#19 Posted by Pie (6935 posts) -

I watched that but fell asleep halfway through. I was just tired, not bored

#20 Posted by CornBREDX (4456 posts) -

Ya, it was there. I watched it. They even moved it up to the slider at the top for a little while. May have been released to early and they got a call haha

#21 Posted by Maotou (71 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
"

"
 Damn. Ah well if it has to be shortened so be it. At least I got to see it in it's full glory before it was taken down and then cut.
#22 Posted by MisterChief (829 posts) -

The only Quick Look that was ever permanently taken down to my knowledge was for Napoleon: Total War because it was a buggy preview build. They did another Quick Look of it using the retail version.

#23 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -

There was most likely a technical error with something. Maybe the compression was wrong, or the audio was out of sync. That's the sort of thing that video's get pulled for. Not because they're too long (38 minutes is a short video compared to a lot of vids on the site!!!).

#24 Edited by Godot (206 posts) -
@DukeTogo said:

" They probably wanted to edit down the time spent on the Spiderman table.  There also was a lot of misinformation and general lack of detail in the difference between the XBLA and PSN releases. "

Fancy giving an example of some of the misinformation in the QL?
#25 Posted by FongGhoul (233 posts) -

According to GAF the embargo lifts tomorrow. And GAF is never wrong.

#26 Posted by shadyspace (457 posts) -
@MattyFTM: I'm watching it right now. There's no technical errors.
#27 Posted by mosdl (3223 posts) -

Yeah, I downloaded the HD version, no technical issues.  Probably premature submission

#28 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

Now important questions like "What if Wolverine was black?" will be left unanswered.

#29 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
"

"
After the GT5 "quick" look I find that hard to believe
#30 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Like many of the videos on this site, it didn't load properly for some people, and like many of the QL's on this site, it was full of misinformation and assumptions. I imagine if anything it will be a case of being published too soon. Hardly a big deal :/

#31 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:

Maybe there was too much Jeff playing for a high score action for viewers to handle. "

Those viewers are weak!
#32 Posted by sheldipez (24 posts) -
#33 Posted by LordAndrew (13982 posts) -

The only time I recall a Quick Look disappearing and not coming back later was the one for The Lost and Damned.