• 73 results
#1 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

Brad joked about doing a Mass effect 2 endurance run this week on the bombcast. And i just want to say, I would be sooooo down to watch him go, wont bother me if he does it by himself, it would be a good way to relive mass effect 2 without playing it.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

Nothing starts the Endurance Run!

#3 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

I would be so down for that,

In fact I would watch a Brad Shoemaker with rotating cast Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 Ultimate Endurance Run of Doom, any day, until the end of days.

#4 Posted by Labman (287 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

I would be so down for that,

In fact I would watch a Brad Shoemaker with rotating cast Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 Ultimate Endurance Run of Doom, any day, until the end of days.

I don't know dude, that's a lot of games to play before December 21st!

#5 Posted by themangalist (1717 posts) -

In b4 shitstorm.

#6 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Not happening.

Especially because you made this thread.

#7 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

You are right!

But did you know that you are also wrong??

Well, maybe. You can really cruise through ME1 and 2 if you're not picking up every last thing and going to every last planet. I ran through both of them to play 3 since my save file got screwed and I was able to do all my ally missions and still finish both games in about 20 hours each. Let's say ME3 is another 20, I don't know, I ain't finished it myself.

There are roughly 30 weekdays left until December 21st, so, not counting any weekend endurances, Brad would have to play no more than 2 hours a day to wrap em all up. Candy from a baby, am I right?

#8 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Not happening.

To be honest, it has been made very very very clear that they do not care about threads like these. I did not make it for them to see. I was simply stating my interest and seeing what others thought. I never said anywhere that "they should do this".

@GERALTITUDE said:

You are right!

But did you know that you are also wrong??

Well, maybe. You can really cruise through ME1 and 2 if you're not picking up every last thing and going to every last planet. I ran through both of them to play 3 since my save file got screwed and I was able to do all my ally missions and still finish both games in about 20 hours each. Let's say ME3 is another 20, I don't know, I ain't finished it myself.

There are roughly 30 weekdays left until December 21st, so, not counting any weekend endurances, Brad would have to play no more than 2 hours a day to wrap em all up. Candy from a baby, am I right?

Didnt they give him until march? I could see him start this after things cool down, stream from home like Patrick. I mean, he has a good internet connection and a gaming pc( as far as I am aware). So he could be in good shape. This is all good as long as he is up for sharing the game... I would get why he wouldnt want to though. In a game so full of choice, there are many opportunities for jerky people to spam him about bad decisions he may or may not make.

#9 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

I honestly don't recall when the date was, but I think was thinking of the Game of the Year deadline?

I have to laugh every time someone says "Guys the staff doesn't like these threads!". Give me a break, I'm sure their skin is so thick it's like leather.

#10 Posted by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

I'd rather a ME3 ER

#11 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

I'd rather a ME3 ER

Me too. I'd be much more interested to see Brad's genuine reaction to the game for the first time, rather than seeing him replay something he already beat.

#12 Posted by EXTomar (4496 posts) -

One does not simply demand an endurance run!

#13 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Im sure theyre fine about these kinds of threads as long as theyre not popping up every 5 minutes.  Honestly, I would be more down to see an ME3 ER

#14 Posted by Flacracker (1597 posts) -

ER needs to be a long game that is crazy and funny like Persona and DP. It also needs to feature Vinny and Jeff.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Zacagawea said:

I'd rather a ME3 ER

Me too. I'd be much more interested to see Brad's genuine reaction to the game for the first time, rather than seeing him replay something he already beat.

I thought taht was the genesis; he wanted to play ME2 to playthrough ME3. so I assume it would carry over to ME3

I'd be down.

also @FluxWaveZ: chill out! if you think they actually care about threads like this one way or the other you are being really naive.

#16 Posted by The_Ruiner (1010 posts) -

Heeeell no.He'd be the most boring Shepard ever...

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Animasta: I am chill! I'm just saying that none of these threads have ever bared fruit in the past and that I was confused as to its purpose, but I understand that super2j just wanted opinions on such a feature.

#18 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

ME2 does not fit the formula for a great Endurance Run. The game is not lovingly bad and quirky. Its much too solid to be ER material.

#19 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Animasta: I am chill! I'm just saying that none of these threads have ever bared fruit in the past and that I was confused as to its purpose, but I understand that super2j just wanted opinions on such a feature.

WELL FINE THEN

serious post now, I want an endurance run of vinny and jeff creating wrestling storylines in WWE 13

#20 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Zacagawea said:

I'd rather a ME3 ER

ok here me out on this. The reason he is playing ME2 is so he can play ME3. So it stands to reason that if he ever decided to do this, you guys can be sure he would just roll right into ME3 after. And by that time the game will have been out long enough that we all may forget the details and be surprised once again. For those not interested in ME2, you just have to hang out until ME3 starts. And tell me with confidence that if u saw ME2 videos just sitting there u wouldn't not click on them.

@FluxWaveZ said:

I heard him say that and i thought it was interesting. I never considered the idea. Now, to be honest, I am pretty happy with what they are doing now and dont think another endurance run is necessary. With the "load my last save" "Breaking Brad", Jeff with his retrolooks, Drew and Alexis playing all of Halo ever, Ryan and Patrick playing Friday the 13th. I think the spirit of the endurance run is ever present. I dont need a endurance run if they continue to show me a variety of things i never saw or heard of before. What i am saying is, we know Brad will be playing that game. And when he jokingly said Endurance run, i was like "hey that would be pretty awesome". The idea was so out of nowhere i just wanted to talk about it.

#21 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

ME2 does not fit the formula for a great Endurance Run. The game is not lovingly bad and quirky. Its much too solid to be ER material.

Did you just call P4 and Chrono Trigger bad and quirky?

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

@super2j said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Not happening.

To be honest, it has been made very very very clear that they do not care about threads like these. I did not make it for them to see. I was simply stating my interest and seeing what others thought. I never said anywhere that "they should do this".

Also, we got what feels like dozens of Crono Trigger threads before that ER was announced, so it's more like they just ignore these threads altogether.

#23 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Dude you're looking for purpose on the internet? That's either a noble quest or a suicide mission.

#24 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

All of the staff, beside for Brad of course, have played all 3 Mass Effect games and I'm sure most of the Giantbomb community has as well. Both of the later 2 games are horribly linear and predictable and would be very poor choices for an ER. Jeff pretty much shot down every ER related question asked to him on Formspring. Like the rest of the Endurance Run threads, it's never going to happen.

#25 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

@deathstriker666: Nah, you're just being a debby downer. Giant Bomb forum users are part of a community, not a fan site.

Somewhere in Jeff's heart, he hears us.

#26 Posted by FierceDeity (358 posts) -

I remember reading someone's post on a topic like this a couple years ago, where they summarized the situation beautifully:

Giant Bomb is like a rock band that refuses to play their most popular song, while all their fans are shouting at them to play it.

#27 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@Atramentous said:

No, I called P4 and Deadly premonition bad and quirky. They are terrible games with a hell of allot of heart that makes them charming and fun. Watching the guys fumble through and have a good time is what makes a good ER. Chrono Trigger is a solid game with very little faults so it did not make for an entertaining ER. It could have been any random "Lets play" on youtube, it just didnt have the charm of the first 2 games.

#28 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

@Nightriff said:

@Atramentous said:

No, I called P4 and Deadly premonition bad and quirky. They are terrible games with a hell of allot of heart that makes them charming and fun. Watching the guys fumble through and have a good time is what makes a good ER. Chrono Trigger is a solid game with very little faults so it did not make for an entertaining ER. It could have been any random "Lets play" on youtube, it just didnt have the charm of the first 2 games.

sorry P4 is good and quirky, I don't know what the heck you play that it would considered bad (unless you just don't play JRPG's which wouldn't make it bad just something you are not in to)

#29 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@Atramentous: P4 is not even close to a bad game. Faults yes, but to each their own.

#30 Posted by ShadyMarino (71 posts) -

Shepard.

#31 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

All of the staff, beside for Brad of course, have played all 3 Mass Effect games and I'm sure most of the Giantbomb community has as well. Both of the later 2 games are horribly linear and predictable and would be very poor choices for an ER. Jeff pretty much shot down every ER related question asked to him on Formspring. Like the rest of the Endurance Run threads, it's never going to happen.

Well i guess what i am thinking about should not be considered an "endurance run". It would be "watch Brad beat Mass effect 2 and commentate as he goes show". And again, i am not asking for this to be done, i know they dont pay attention to these threads, my reasoning has already been written on the first page.

#32 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Atramentous said:

@Nightriff said:

@Atramentous said:

sorry P4 is good and quirky, I don't know what the heck you play that it would considered bad (unless you just don't play JRPG's which wouldn't make it bad just something you are not in to)

I love the Persona games. 3 and 4 are some of my favorite games of all time and Im more then comfortable saying that they are bad. A game doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be fun and endearing. If anything, it just goes to show just how great some parts of those games are that you can overlook so many massive flaws.

Shemnue should be the next ER because its a terrible game with an amazing story, great characters, horrible controls, poor ui, laughable voice acting, and most of all because its my favorite game of all time and it fits in well with P4 and DP.

#33 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@Atramentous: I've actually been debating on buying a dreamcast so I can play Shenmue, that would save me money if they did a ER of it. Anyways I disagree with Persona games (specifically 3 and 4) being called bad. They have their problems, they have their faults, the combat over stays its welcome and moving up level to level to level is tedious and annoying but everything else makes up for it. Putting a Persona game on the level of DP of being bad and quirky is insulting to those games. DP is terrible but the weirdness barely makes that game playable, it's a shit game with a crazy weird story, Persona games are not that.

#34 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

@Animasta said:

@Atramentous said:

@Nightriff said:

@Atramentous said:

I love the Persona games. 3 and 4 are some of my favorite games of all time and Im more then comfortable saying that they are bad. A game doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be fun and endearing. If anything, it just goes to show just how great some parts of those games are that you can overlook so many massive flaws.

Shemnue should be the next ER because its a terrible game with an amazing story, great characters, horrible controls, poor ui, laughable voice acting, and most of all because its my favorite game of all time and it fits in well with P4 and DP.

no obviously a game doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be fun and endearing (deadly premonition) but to say Persona 4 has massive flaws is overstating things a tiny bit.

#35 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

No. No. No.

Games that are funny/awkward or have the potential to be funny are better ER material. I don't need to see them spinning planets around looking for resources. Also since ERs are so rare, it should not be wasted on Mass Effect. I loved ME1 and was okay with 2, but I do not want to see an ER of it. I'd prefer Vinny and Dave bust out with some older Elder Scrolls game again. Those to me are still some of the most fun videos on the site.

#36 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Atramentous said:

@Animasta said:

@Atramentous said:

@Nightriff said:

@Atramentous said:

no obviously a game doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be fun and endearing (deadly premonition) but to say Persona 4 has massive flaws is overstating things a tiny bit.

Seriously guys step away. Shenmue is bad? P4 is bad? Deadly Premonition is Bad? They're all Japanese and have, yes, what we call here a quirky sense of humour, unique gameplay and smaller budgets, but they're barely bad games. You have to tell me which games you think are sweet so I can make some sense of your gamesoul duder.

#37 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: DP is bad but it has a awesome crazy story, but it is bad none the less. Shenmue I have no opinion on except it introduced the world to quick time events? Maybe? A P4 is my favorite game ever, it is a perfect game despite its flaws (contradictory but it is how I feel). Atramentous is calling these bad games, take it up with him.

#38 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

Thought it was anyhow. Shows what I know?

#39 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: Thought you were accusing all of us for calling them bad games, I read it wrong, I apologize

#40 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

All's well!

#41 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN ER PLZ RYAN/SCOOPS!!! KAWAII DESU~~~~

#42 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I'm not sure the odds of Brad playing a mass effect (new sequels or current releases) again are real high. The save item is a reason to not do something you would rather not actually do - it is not as if making a altered save file is a lot of work. And the release schedule is only potentially going to be deadish from Q2 2013 to Q4 2013... but then it will be full of Nintendo stuff (unless that console bombs).

And there is no real reason to push to finish off a game that your not interested in (assuming other titles are out).

#43 Posted by super2j (1653 posts) -

@TyCobb said:

No. No. No.

Games that are funny/awkward or have the potential to be funny are better ER material. I don't need to see them spinning planets around looking for resources. Also since ERs are so rare, it should not be wasted on Mass Effect. I loved ME1 and was okay with 2, but I do not want to see an ER of it. I'd prefer Vinny and Dave bust out with some older Elder Scrolls game again. Those to me are still some of the most fun videos on the site.

Well, here is my logic. If he is going to do this, if it is going to happen no matter what, then it would be a good feature. And it would not be an endurance run anymore. But if its going to happen, all I am saying is i would like to sit through it. I am not trying to pick and choose who and what.

@Zekhariah said:

I'm not sure the odds of Brad playing a mass effect (new sequels or current releases) again are real high. The save item is a reason to not do something you would rather not actually do - it is not as if making a altered save file is a lot of work. And the release schedule is only potentially going to be deadish from Q2 2013 to Q4 2013... but then it will be full of Nintendo stuff (unless that console bombs).

And there is no real reason to push to finish off a game that your not interested in (assuming other titles are out).

Ya, i feel like he is just pushing it off with the whole save file thing. That is why the others called bullshit and asked for a time limit. I do think he wants to play it, he just cant get over that mental block stopping him. If it is a feature of the site, it might help light a fire under his ass to get going on the game and get it over with.

Ironically, I had the same problem with Assassins Creed brotherhood. I got like half way thru in the ps3 version and recently bought it on pc. I could not bring myself to start playing until all this assassins creed 3 stuff. Now I am glad to be playing it.

#44 Posted by seanord (108 posts) -
Yes--Brad and ME2--I'd watch that. Oh wait, planet scanning. Maybe not.
#45 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

This thread isn't calling for a new ER. It's just to scare Brad into playing ME2 so he won't have to do an ER.

#46 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Anytime I see "endurance run" in a forum topic I get a bit sad.

#47 Posted by dudeglove (7686 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Zacagawea said:

I'd rather a ME3 ER

Me three, if only to see when he'll throw the controller away in disgust.

#48 Posted by RetroVirus (1457 posts) -

It's totally jinxed now that we've said it, but a Brad ME3 ER would be incredibly fitting.

#49 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

Persona 4 isn't lovingly bad in any way, probably the best RPG in the last decade.

#50 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

ME2 is a great game, but no.