Mass Effect 2 is causing my 360 to crash quite a bit...

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

I've been really sick the past week, so I've been playing a lot of MW 2, and over the weekend, a lot of Mass Effect 2. I was playing MW 2 for six or so hours without stopping, and my 360 had zero problems, but Mass Effect 2, causes my 360 to crash. I don't get the red ring of death, but instead the screen gets all fuzzy, and everything locks up, kinda like a weird effect you see in a movie. I just shut my 360 off, let it sit for an hour, and hop back in, only to be greeted by the same problem, 20 minutes into my playthrough. The console doesn't appear to be overheating, since its relatively cold...for a 360. Anyone experiencing similar problems, and any suggestions?

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pinkshley1

your xbox is going. It is NEVER the game.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JokerClown88

Oh boy.  Another one of these threads......
Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Addfwyn

That's just because it's a 360, has nothing to do with ME2.  I'd start looking into getting it fixed/replaced soon.  I don't know of any 360 game that in itself causes hardware problems.  Just happens to coincide with the hardware failing at the same time as you happen to be playing the game.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By End_Boss

I hate to say it, but your 360 sounds like its on the way out the door. Brace yourself, amigo.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By giyanks22
@Addfwyn said:
" That's just because it's a 360, has nothing to do with ME2.  I'd start looking into getting it fixed/replaced soon.  I don't know of any 360 game that in itself causes hardware problems.  Just happens to coincide with the hardware failing at the same time as you happen to be playing the game. "
Its strange though, because I've been playing MW 2  for a couple hours after this issue occured, and I haven't had it crash on me. I'm going to play some ME 2 and see what happens.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

.... is it next to a PS3?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

ME2 froze once on me last night, but that was the only time. If it happens to be another RROD creeping up on me (I don't think it is, but...), then my as of three months ago out of the 3 year extended warranty console is going to be taken apart and used for scrap, possibly smashed into a million pieces.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Evilsbane
@giyanks22: ME2 caused a Hard Lock one time but besides that nothing strange, Hate to say this dude but I think your Box is getting ready to visit that big trash heap in the sky.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By animateria

Man, I'm probably never going to buy a 360.

All these stories are just plain scary, I hate expensive stuff dying around me, irrationally feels like I'm doomed. 

I wonder what's going to happen when the 360 becomes a retro collectors item, sales tag  " In working condition... For now."

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gizmo
@Pinkshley1 said:
" your xbox is going. It is NEVER the game. "
You're so wrong, stop talking out of your arse.
Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not to late to....................do a barrel roll

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Jeust

Could very well be a bug too. There are the weirdest of bugs.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By crusnchill
@giyanks22 said:

" @Addfwyn said:

" That's just because it's a 360, has nothing to do with ME2.  I'd start looking into getting it fixed/replaced soon.  I don't know of any 360 game that in itself causes hardware problems.  Just happens to coincide with the hardware failing at the same time as you happen to be playing the game. "

Its strange though, because I've been playing MW 2  for a couple hours after this issue occured, and I haven't had it crash on me. I'm going to play some ME 2 and see what happens. "
Yeah I had the same problems.

It was back when Halo 3: ODST had just come out and I'd been having problems with it every so often but not to this extent.
I stuck the game in and finished watching the intro video after starting a new game, then the intro video started up again once I'd already watched it. So I thought; "Well this's strange" and pressed the A button to skip, only to watch the intro video start again. The same result happened for every button I pressed on my controller.
The same result again when resetting my Xbox 360.
It then wouldn't even load up after a while. "Disc Error, your disk may be dirty or scratched", etc...

But as soon as I tryed putting COD4 in, it just booted up and started working right away with no problems what so ever. Maybe Activision got some priest in to to bless their franchise game on it's way out of their doors. You know like they do with wine in Italy.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

it's the console not the game. maybe u should go call up microsoft. it is about to hit the shit.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Novyx

Probably something went bad on the gpu that MW2, being on an ancient engine, doesn't actually need access to.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, thats a sign the 360 is ready to kill itself.  Just think of it as if it has cancer and you are living with it its last moments.

That or your 360 doesn't meet the requirements to run ME2.  Take your pick.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@animateria said:
" Man, I'm probably never going to buy a 360.   All these stories are just plain scary, I hate expensive stuff dying around me, irrationally feels like I'm doomed.   I wonder what's going to happen when the 360 becomes a retro collectors item, sales tag  " In working condition... For now." "
It's down to $200. How is that a lot?  It's got a 3 year Mr. Softy warranty.  I'm already on my 3rd 360 & didn't pay a dime for the replacements. These replacements were from Mr. Softy, not from an in-store extended warranty.

Hopefully when the next generation 360 consoles are released, they will make all current 360 games backwards compatible.  This might be why they are doing these "games on demand" feature to take into account backwards compatibility before the next console is released...not sure when that will happen, could be a few more years away.
JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JohnRehill

Your 360 is about to bite the dust.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By animateria
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @animateria said:
" Man, I'm probably never going to buy a 360.   All these stories are just plain scary, I hate expensive stuff dying around me, irrationally feels like I'm doomed.   I wonder what's going to happen when the 360 becomes a retro collectors item, sales tag  " In working condition... For now." "
It's down to $200. How is that a lot?  It's got a 3 year Mr. Softy warranty.  I'm already on my 3rd 360 & didn't pay a dime for the replacements. These replacements were from Mr. Softy, not from an in-store extended warranty.  Hopefully when the next generation 360 consoles are released, they will make all current 360 games backwards compatible.  This might be why they are doing these "games on demand" feature to take into account backwards compatibility before the next console is released...not sure when that will happen, could be a few more years away. "
I just hate the idea of something I purchased, dying due to mechanical failure.

I remember my fat PS2 dying on me while I was playing GTA:SA back in the day, I had warranty on it and got it replaced, with a slim no doubt. But I felt pretty shitty about the whole thing.  After that I get worried whenever a game freezes on me when I'm playing on my PS3 or PC. Like I said originally, this kinda shit scares me, it's a strong personal pet peeve. 

It would be great if the next console is backwards compatible though, that's a great idea.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@animateria said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @animateria said:
It's down to $200. How is that a lot?  It's got a 3 year Mr. Softy warranty.  I'm already on my 3rd 360 & didn't pay a dime for the replacements. These replacements were from Mr. Softy, not from an in-store extended warranty.  Hopefully when the next generation 360 consoles are released, they will make all current 360 games backwards compatible.  This might be why they are doing these "games on demand" feature to take into account backwards compatibility before the next console is released...not sure when that will happen, could be a few more years away. "
I just hate the idea of something I purchased, dying due to mechanical failure.  I remember my fat PS2 dying on me while I was playing GTA:SA back in the day, I had warranty on it and got it replaced, with a slim no doubt. But I felt pretty shitty about the whole thing.  After that I get worried whenever a game freezes on me when I'm playing on my PS3 or PC. Like I said originally, this kinda shit scares me, it's a strong personal pet peeve.   It would be great if the next console is backwards compatible though, that's a great idea. "
Yeah it took me a month or two to play the 360 after the first time I got RROD.  However I didn't have any problems after the second time. You get used to it.  I've had my PCs break on me before...hell, I've got a Raptor X drive that's having a problem right now & this is the replacement Raptor X (they have 5 year warranties like the Xbox).  I'm gonna try & plug it into my second PC, see if it works, & then make a backup.  If not, well it's time to get it replaced for my 3rd Raptor X.  I'll probably just sell the replacement, tired of dealing with the Raptor's very short lifespan.