Mass Effect any good?

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Budster

Well this is my first time ever posting my own thread, so please be nice lol. Well  let me skip that bullshit and ask you what i want , which is your opinion on Mass Effect. Is it any good and should I buy it? Of course I need to supply you on what my gaming habits are.

Firstly I'm a old school gamer. Meaning I play shit that no one does anymore like NES, SNES ,old PC adventure games (Full Throttle), and, well use to be Wii games until it got stolen, but now I have to make due with my PC which can get the job done with any new games.

Now with PC games i play about anything that is on it, Fallout, riddick, stalker, Half-life, and ect.

So with that I ask again do you think I should get Mass Effect?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

I thought it was "meh". But I also skipped all the dialogue. Wasn't too interested in the Mass Effect universe. I would say give it a try, it's a solid buy for the $15 or $20 it costs now.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By dogbox

I loved Mass Effect. For some reason it really did not click with me at all, at first. I played a couple hours back when it first came out and then left it for about three months. Then I picked it up and played a good 20 hours over two days, finishing it. I think it's one of those games that just takes a bit of commitment to get into, and once you get past the first planet it really picks up. I'd say go for it, especially since you've stuck with more demanding games like STALKER.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

It's quite good. I've played through it two and half times. There are a few technical issues and a bloody terrible inventory system, but it's still one of the best western RPGs I've played in recent years.

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Budster

I heard that they cleaned up the inventory system though for the PC?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Its a pretty decent game. Also, yes, as you said, if you have the PC to run it, its both cheaper on the PC, runs better, and has some nice improvements over the 360 version.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

It's really good, and it's quite cheap now.

Superspiritgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Superspiritgun

Play it. It's generally a meaningful experience.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheFreeMan

It's very boring for the first few hours, but once you're a decent way in it starts to kick all sorts of ass.

It has one of the most ridiculous fucking awesome game climaxes I have ever seen.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CenturionCajun

I can't recommend Mass Effect highly enough. The story is quite interesting and they have almost perfected the branching dialogue. They even have separate voice acting for both male and female versions of Sheppard. As long as you can get past the somewhat repetitive planetary exploration segments you'll find a top rate action shooter RPG.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By delta_ass

I'm playing through it right now and it's a very impressive game. I'd say it feels like KOTOR mixed with FreeSpace 2. However, I wouldn't play it on Veteran. I'm playing on that right now and the firefights get a little bit ridiculous. Like, 30 minutes to clear a room because your guns don't do enough damage to drop them. Or a Krogan runs up and smacks you to death. Don't expect your AI teammates to be worth a damn.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's like fallout 3, without the annoying vats system, more story driven, more dialouge, rpg elements in it, less side quest, better main quest, really good graphics on the pc, an AAA game. Should you get it? It's like $20 right now on steam, I enjoyed the game alot. It's more of a casual wrpg game, however if your okay with that, I think you should like the game. You also get a free level as downloadable content for the pc version called bring down the sky which is cool.

I heard there was alot of technical problems for the xbox360 version I didn't notice in the pc version at all. It's a good game, buy it, there is nothing really flawed about it except I expected better side quest which can be boring.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Black_Rose

From what I played I thought it was a graphical masterpiece, but the game itself is very "meh".