• 73 results
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Interesting.

I was unaware that the "Mass Effect Trilogy" pack came with all the DLC. It didn't say that on the cover.

Awesome :3

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Interesting.

I was unaware that the "Mass Effect Trilogy" pack came with all the DLC. It didn't say that on the cover.

Awesome :3

It doesn't. It includes:

Mass Effect 1 - Bring Down The Sky
Mass Effect 2 - Kusami- Stolen Memory, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker
Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@seveword: Couldn't have said it better myself. ME1 was my favourite of the series. Just loved the planetary exploration, even enjoyed the mako and its handling even though they could've improved on it for ME2. It's storyline and pacing was the best of the series.

ME2 didn't really have much to expand on the main story which i thought was a shame. The suicide mission never felt like a suicide mission to me for some reason. Lair of the Shadow Broker was great, I liked Jacob's side story mission and Jack (she grew on me after a few playthroughs), Thane and Mordin were great characters. But yeah the lack of exploration and waist high walls was really lame.

ME3 had the best combat imo but I don't rate it as highly as 1 and 2. I liked the original ending, groaned when the extended cut came along as it ruined the questions I was left with about what happened to my crew/people in the galaxy.

If Bioware don't bring back planetary exploration for ME4 it's really gonna be a downgrade on my expectations.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@seveword: I mostly agree, especially with the squandered potential of ME1 and the uninteresting characters of ME2.

The core running and shooting mechanics of ME2 were better though. And a few of the locations looked pretty nice, with some nice scenery.

I think the path they took was obvious in retrospect. It's what EA does to games. Make it appeal to a broader audience. Make the story and characters bland enough not to offend anyone. Save the best pieces for paid DLC. Cut anything from the gameplay that requires thinking or skill. Tell the player how awesome they are as frequently as possible. Add a space ninja.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got no argument with the OP here. I may even consider it to be my top game series of all time for that matter. I know Mass Effect 1 isn't setting at the #1 spot of my "best games of last gen" list as a coincidence. I already own the whole series on PC so I don't know if I would bother with a "remastered" edition, would depend on pricing and packaging. It isn't out of the question though.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't play ME3 until all the DLC was out, and "Citadel" was the very last thing I played. So to me, the ending to the trilogy was great...left me with a smile on my face for a solid day.

It's probably my second favorite series, depending on how good Dragon Age: Inquisition is this fall.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mass effect 1 is the best of the bunch, then two happend then three. can't understand how anyone can think two is the best! unless someone has been throwing rocks at their head.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dont know what the fuck is wrong with me, was super into Baulders Gate as a kid, cant get into any newer Bioware RPG. KOTOR was the last one of those I was even interested in and I couldn't be bothered to finish that. That being Said I want to play the Mass Effect Series Ive started the first and second game about 10 different times each but always lose interest about 8 hours in. Same with Dragon Age.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think the only DLC that's totally irrelevant is that arena fighting one for ME1. I forget what it's called, but it has absolutely no bearing on any of the games. The least enjoyable of the other DLCs was Omega, and the most enjoyable/largest impact on the rest of the game is probably Shadow Broker.

Just one thing, @seveword, neither Ashley or Kaiden are in your crew in ME2, so you aren't resolving their problems. I agree that ME2 is probably the worst Mass Effect but I think 3 is the best.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: There's no controller support on PC and TPSs feel weird on K&M

Ah. I've been meaning to get back to this post.

1) TPS's feel fine with a keyboard and mouse, I've been playing a lot of ME2 with a KBM and it feels just as natural as playing first person shooters with a KBM.

2) Actually, there is controller support for Mass Effect 2 after a fashion. Most of the code is apparently there, but they never implemented the console GUI into the PC version (WTF?) so when you pull up the radial menu, you'll have to look at the text on the bottom of the screen to know what you're selecting. And the main menu takes some finagling to navigate, though it's certainly possible. Otherwise, you can get a 360 controller to work on Mass Effect 2.

Google "Mass Effect 2 controller coalesced", you have to download an .ini called "coalesced" and replace the default one.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

I agree, the Mass Effect series was by-far by favorite series for the last generation. I enjoyed everything about them, except maybe ME3's ending, but whatever. The games and universe BioWare created were something special that roped me in.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Corevi

@believer258: I just like using controllers for everything but CRPGS, and there is absolutely no reason for it to not have controller support.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyed the first one, then got bored about a third of the way into the second. It felt like an entire game dedicated to filler, and it bored the hell out ok me.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacui: You are sickened by there being additional stuff to do that got made in between the games themselves?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Justin258

@corruptedevil: there is the part where I told you where to start looking to activate ME2's controller support.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I fall into the "Mass Effect 1 was one of my favorite games, and the direction they went with 2 was complete garbage" camp for most of the reasons already stated in this thread.

Different strokes.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: It's glitchy though and unfinished, same with ME3 but even worse.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: It's glitchy though and unfinished, same with ME3 but even worse.

I found that it worked just fine.

Avatar image for justpooparoundit
justpooparoundit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO the Mass Effect 3 ending was emotional and powerful, without any additional download content.

It could make you cringe if you literally carried over your story from Mass Effect 1 & 2, but it just seemed right that it ended the way it did.

Bioware gets too much hate on Mass Effect 3. I find this baffling.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IMO the Mass Effect 3 ending was emotional and powerful, without any additional download content.

It could make you cringe if you literally carried over your story from Mass Effect 1 & 2, but it just seemed right that it ended the way it did.

Bioware gets too much hate on Mass Effect 3. I find this baffling.

I think most people do like 99% of ME3, it was only there very last 10 minutes that made people angry.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Never played the series, but I want to pick up the Mass Effect Trilogy disc at some point.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people do like 99% of ME3, it was only there very last 10 minutes that made people angry.

I honestly really like ME3. It's just that the ending drama that ensued was kind of unprecedented in how huge it got, so that's pretty much what's colored most people's opinions about it, I think.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sacui

@sjosz: No I'm sickened that I've yet to play them.