• 57 results
#1 Posted by shooterDouche (23 posts) -

That massive amazon sale has started. This is what I'll get:

Dark Souls for $7.5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917DBUE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00917DBUE&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

Batman Arkham GOTY for $11.49

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APOVDKW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00APOVDKW&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

Sega Fun Pack for $9.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPBZDY0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00CPBZDY0&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

What's will be yours?

Here's the complete list of games:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&docId=1000716161&linkCode=ur2&pf_rd_i=979455011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1557120262&pf_rd_r=550E4DB11B274171B549&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&ref=hy-bill-dvg-1&tag=9871fa231b-20

#2 Edited by DarthOrange (3890 posts) -

It's all for PC :/

Thanks for the heads-up any way duder.

#3 Edited by AlexW00d (6427 posts) -

Lol of course it's all for pc. Aamazon digital sales are great, cause it's all US prices and thus way cheaper than it would be here.

#4 Edited by Bollard (5829 posts) -

@alexw00d: You can still buy them here?

Can I get the Steam key versions too?

#5 Edited by Humanity (10041 posts) -

Wow freaky..

I was thinking ALL DAY about this one game to recommend for both @vinny and @patrickklepek to play after they finish BioForge.

Then I sift through this Amazon sale and what do I see? For some insane reason Little Big Adventure on sale for $1.50

I remember playing that game right around the time I played BioForge in 1994 or so. The graphics were amazing at the time!

#6 Edited by Rorie (2986 posts) -

Nice. Got the Dark Souls code and it activated on Steam like a charm.

Staff
#7 Edited by shooterDouche (23 posts) -

Most of the games are steam or origin DRM so they will just give you a key to activate on steam/origin.

If you live outside the US like me, you can still buy it buy adding a fake US address on your account, I just added a KFC branch address that I randomly searched in google, lol.

#8 Edited by AlexW00d (6427 posts) -

@chavtheworld: yeah just put any old US address, I 'live' in Alabama.

#9 Posted by PillClinton (3293 posts) -

lol I already own all the good ones

#10 Posted by colorbrandon (166 posts) -

@rorie: The best version of the game, but also the worst.

#11 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

@rorie: How about some warm-up Dark Souls video content prior to the release of DS2? :D

#12 Edited by Bollard (5829 posts) -
#13 Edited by shooterDouche (23 posts) -

I wish it's payday already so I can get more :/

#14 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Duder, hit the link button. It's not hard v.v You don't have to make the link into proper text if you don't want to but it'd be nice.

#15 Posted by Nightriff (5328 posts) -

No interest in these 3 games, maybe a sale on Far Cry 3 would get me

#16 Edited by MarkM (298 posts) -

Probably going to grab

Dark Souls

Mark of the Ninja bundle

Company of Heroes. COH is still one of the best RTS games ever.

#17 Posted by Toxeia (725 posts) -

Dark Souls and ME3 with From Ashes it looks like for me.

On a side note, I'm looking at how Amazon has these listed and I'm a little bummed. Where it says "By" it's been changed to reflect IP buy outs (like Metro 2033 by Deep Silver). I understand that those people own the IP, but it still makes me sad. I'd like to see Amazon credit the developer that made the game. Or "Bastion by Warner Bros."

#18 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Sale time again!?

My friend just bought a PC and loves Dark Souls so this really couldn't have come at a better time. Also the Mark of the Ninja bundle seems like a good deal as I always wanted to play Toy Soldiers and Deadlight seemed interesting despite the lowish review scores.

#19 Posted by Veektarius (5010 posts) -

Times like these I regret being as current on PC games as I am.

#20 Edited by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Soooooo guys..... Is Aliens even worth 12 bucks or should I wait for that train wreck until its 5?

#21 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Soooooo guys..... Is Aliens even worth 12 bucks or should I wait for that train wreck until its 5?

Wait until they pay YOU to play it.

#22 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -
#23 Edited by Snail (8659 posts) -

No interest in these 3 games, maybe a sale on Far Cry 3 would get me

You realize there are many, many other games and bundles on sale right?

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (15131 posts) -

I must be weird or something because I have a few bucks I could throw at this and I look at all this stuff and kind of just shrug my shoulders. Dark Souls is neat for the price it is at but... eh. I'd rather just play the PS3 version if I'm going to replay it since the PC version is such a mess anyways.

#25 Edited by Chop (1998 posts) -

Hey, someone stop me. I keep buying games and then only play a half hour of each one. STOP ME. FUCK PC GAMING.

#26 Posted by Brendan (8120 posts) -

Are there Wii games on sale? I have to buy ones that I can't rent from the video store. Also I'm Canadian.

#27 Posted by fisk0 (4463 posts) -

It didn't seem entirely incompetent, just mediocre to me. $12 seems kinda fair for it, but, sure, why not wait until it's $5 on the Steam summer sale?

#28 Posted by fisk0 (4463 posts) -

@chop said:

Hey, someone stop me. I keep buying games and then only play a half hour of each one. STOP ME. FUCK PC GAMING.

Yeah ... I finish like 2 games a year, and buy a hundred on sales and stuff. The amount of games in my Steam library that I've played "0.4 hours" or nothing at all of is pretty damn scary.

#29 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

If I didn't already have Dark Souls on steam I'd be really excited about that discount, but oh well. Considering picking up Battlefield finally. Everything else I already have or I'm not really interested in. Nice to see a surprise amazon sale.

#30 Posted by 49th (2840 posts) -

Do these work in other countries like the UK? It's always unclear about stuff like this.

#31 Edited by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

So if I find something I want is there a way to make sure I can redeem it on Steam? I see the list at the top saying Steam redeemable, but nothing I may be interested in is listed there. Are they the only ones that can be redeemed on steam?

#32 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

@49th said:

Do these work in other countries like the UK? It's always unclear about stuff like this.

Yeah I just signed into Amazon.com and when I got to the Checkout page it wouldn't let me continue because of my UK address so I just typed in a fake US one.

#33 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

So if I find something I want is there a way to make sure I can redeem it on Steam? I see the list at the top saying Steam redeemable, but nothing I may be interested in is listed there. Are they the only ones that can be redeemed on steam?

On the page of the game it'll have DRM: Steam and at the bottom it says Steam is required. The easiest way to tell is to ctrl+f steam on a given page.

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

@niall_sg1: Thanks. I just happened to notice that after posting. Only thing I saw on there I kind of wanted to get was Space Marines, but I have seen it on sale on Steam for less before so I will just wait it out. Nothing else looked that interesting to me. I already had it or the price drop wasn't enough to pick it up.

#35 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

It's all for PC :/

Thanks for the heads-up any way duder.

Hell fucking yeah it is!

#36 Posted by Deathshroud (369 posts) -

Oh man I want Dark Souls but I have to wait until next week when I get paid.. and it will be too late by then :(

#37 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Going to grab the PC version of Dark Souls.

#38 Edited by BaconGames (3566 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

On the page of the game it'll have DRM: Steam and at the bottom it says Steam is required. The easiest way to tell is to ctrl+f steam on a given page.

Here ya go chaps, for even easier browsing I recommend these two links:

The first is all the games listed in chronological order

The second is same except only games that require or have the option to register the game to Steam

#39 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -
#40 Edited by shooterDouche (23 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

@sackmanjones said:

It didn't seem entirely incompetent, just mediocre to me. $12 seems kinda fair for it, but, sure, why not wait until it's $5 on the Steam summer sale?

yeah $12 is fine, I don't see it going around $5 this summer on steam.

#41 Posted by caturibio (2 posts) -

I just created an account in the forums a while ago and this is what I see right away, wow

That massive amazon sale has started. This is what I'll get:

Dark Souls for $7.5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917DBUE/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00917DBUE&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

Batman Arkham GOTY for $11.49

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APOVDKW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00APOVDKW&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

Sega Fun Pack for $9.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPBZDY0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00CPBZDY0&linkCode=as2&tag=9871fa231b-20

What's will be yours?

Here's the complete list of games:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&docId=1000716161&linkCode=ur2&pf_rd_i=979455011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1557120262&pf_rd_r=550E4DB11B274171B549&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&ref=hy-bill-dvg-1&tag=9871fa231b-20

I just created an account in the forums a while ago and this is what I see right away, wow! Thank you very much.

#42 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6094 posts) -

@rorie: Fair chance Dark Souls on PC will eventually outsell the PS3 version due to sales like these, still the word of mouth King.

Amazon > Steam

#43 Posted by Subjugation (4740 posts) -

I'm eyeing that C&C: The First Decade pack. So much nostalgia.

#44 Edited by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

Here is the CAG page about this sale if you guys need more info.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109

I saw the sale this morning on Cheapassgamer. I plan to pick-up the first 2 Bioshocks for $4.95 and maybe Arkham Asylum for $5. I have the first Bioshock and Batman on console, but I'd like them on PC since that's where I do most of my gaming these days.

#45 Posted by StarvingGamer (8546 posts) -

Holy crap, Aliens is only $12.

Still not gonna get it though.

#46 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

Should I go ahead and get Dark Souls? Is the game worth it if I usually don't like hard games? Otherwise it seems like a great game for me but I don't like challenging games too much...

#47 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

Man I feel so fucking jaded and crazy when I look at big sales like this and go "I already have everything I'd want from here..."

#48 Edited by Toastburner_B (162 posts) -
#49 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12102 posts) -

I think it's telling that I have most of the games I want. Oh well. Risen 2 looks like a questionable B-tier RPG that I could probably enjoy or make fun of for $7.50. It's a pity that game of thrones game is still $15. If it was 5 less I would consider making fun of that one too.

#50 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6385 posts) -

I keep browsing the full list, thinking I'll pick up a few games here and there, but I've got so many games on Steam I haven't played thoroughly that it makes me feel almost guilty.

But damn, there are a ton of good looking games in there, aren't there?