Massive Summer Games Get

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Edited By Luke

I'm pretty pumped and ready for summer! :) 

Amazon just had their "Dads and Grads" Sale thingy and I bought Fable II, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise.

Also, I just picked-up Mass Effect used at GameStop on the cheap.  I need to finally play and finish this before Mass Effect 2 comes-out. 

All this before I get my pre-order of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger at the end of the month. 

Some others I want to pick-up are [PROTOTYPE] (because I just finished (twice) and Platinum Trophy'd the amazingly awesome inFAMOUS!) and maybe also Red Faction: Guerrilla

My questions are where should I start?  Is it still easy enough to rack-up the Achievements in Fable II, without exploiting the Pub Games?  Is summer enough time to enjoy them all?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Luke

I'm pretty pumped and ready for summer! :) 

Amazon just had their "Dads and Grads" Sale thingy and I bought Fable II, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise.

Also, I just picked-up Mass Effect used at GameStop on the cheap.  I need to finally play and finish this before Mass Effect 2 comes-out. 

All this before I get my pre-order of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger at the end of the month. 

Some others I want to pick-up are [PROTOTYPE] (because I just finished (twice) and Platinum Trophy'd the amazingly awesome inFAMOUS!) and maybe also Red Faction: Guerrilla

My questions are where should I start?  Is it still easy enough to rack-up the Achievements in Fable II, without exploiting the Pub Games?  Is summer enough time to enjoy them all?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

I think Red Faction's kind of boring. :\

Start Nuts & Bolts because it was the best game to come out in 2008.  Brad totally called it.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Luke

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.  Nuts and Bolts is probably good to go through first, as it won't take me a million hours like Fable II and Mass Effect.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Player1

I'd start with Mass Effect. Because you don't want to be rushed into finishing it, so the earlier you start the better. You can always play the other games in between as a break. 

Fable is also a pretty short experience, especially for an rpg. I loved that game. I got 525 GS without exploiting pub games. And I didn't really even go for achievements either. 
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By iamjohn
@Luke said:
" Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.  Nuts and Bolts is probably good to go through first, as it won't take me a million hours like Fable II and Mass Effect. "
Woah woah woah, you got it backwards.  Nuts & Bolts can destroy your life if you let it by getting really into the vehicle creation (I have about 50 or 60 jiggies and I've put around 30 hours into it), whereas Fable and Mass Effect are relatively streamlined and short.  In fact, both of those games have been decried for their length numerous times IIRC.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Luke
@iAmJohn: Well shit... I guess I was just comparing it to the older Banjo games, which take less than 10 hours to beat (more to collect stuff).  Regardless, glad to know I'll get more than my mony's worth :)  Also, thanks for your opinion on Red Faction.  I'm still on the fence about this one, but lucky I probably will never get around to it. 

@Player1: I think I'll have enough time for Mass Effect, as Part 2 doesn't release until Q1 2010.  Thanks for letting me know about Fable II's Achievements in regards to the Pub Games.  That's great! 

Any other suggestions before I start one of these bad boys up? :p
Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Terra1909

Play Blazblue a lot when it comes out. I want there to be a lot of people to play online.