#1 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

Hello everybody, we are 2 students at the Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden and we are currently writing our Master Thesis about factors for the success of a brand extension (sequel) in the video game industry. We are going to use the results for a case study and we were hoping you can spare 4 minutes of your time to answer this really simple survey. Don’t worry we are not interested in personal information. Thanks in advanced for your help.

https://jibs.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8G48Fy9catlMXqc

#2 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Filled it out. Good luck with the thesis! :)

#3 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

Thanks a lot!

#4 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

Done. Good luck!

#5 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I got help as well for an assignment here on Giantbomb, and this is me giving something back.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Done.

#7 Posted by mshaw006 (548 posts) -

@chan05 said:

Done. Good luck!

#8 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I´ve done my part, now get rich.

#9 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4967 posts) -

Done. GLHB!

#10 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

Thanks guys!

#11 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Svarade på frågorna. Lycka till med avhandlingen!

#12 Posted by ezekielzero (183 posts) -

Filled in, dude, hope it helps.

#13 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Done.

#14 Posted by Stete (731 posts) -

Just filled it in, good luck with your thesis duder.

#15 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

Thanks!

#16 Posted by Ragnar (90 posts) -

As a fellow soon to be graduate I'm more than happy to lend a hand. Best of luck you crazy swedes!

#17 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

done, good luck and happy slaving away at compiling the results :)

#18 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

cool!

#19 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

Done. One of those questions was weird though. It asked whether I buy sequels because I think that they're good. How would I know whether it's good if I haven't yet purchased it?

#20 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1288 posts) -

Done and done....good luck duder

#21 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

@Jrinswand: well, you can play the game at a friend's place, rent it or play a demo.

Thanks for answering everybody, we really appreciate it!

#22 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1106 posts) -

And done.

#23 Posted by Brendan (7756 posts) -

Done :)

I found it a little odd that you put some of the classification questions up front and finished with the heavier ones, though.

#24 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Done and done.

#25 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

I did it

I am a female gamer, over 50 years old, my favourite games are sports games and I play on consoles. I strongly disagree with all the statements.

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

@jeronimorv said:

Hello everybody, we are 2 students at the Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden and we are currently writing our Master Thesis about factors for the success of a brand extension (sequel) in the video game industry. We are going to use the results for a case study and we were hoping you can spare 4 minutes of your time to answer this really simple survey. Don’t worry we are not interested in personal information. Thanks in advanced for your help.

https://jibs.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8G48Fy9catlMXqc

I realize you are writing a Thesis, but when making the survey, perhaps you should not use complected terms such as "Parent Product".

#27 Posted by InfiniteSpark (302 posts) -

Done. Good luck with your thesis!

#28 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Done! Best of luck.

#29 Posted by Encephalon (1242 posts) -

Done. Godspeed, duder.

#30 Posted by colin_066 (34 posts) -

done, good luck on your thesis

#31 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

Lycka till!

#32 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

Filled it out. Just wanted to mention something since there was no comments section.

When considering purchasing a sequel I don't necessarily read or care about reviews for the game. Something like Fallout, I was a huge fan of Fallout 2 and as soon as Fallout 3 had been announced it was set in stone I was going to buy the game. So I'd say that my decision to buy a sequel rests solely with how much I loved the games that came before it in the series. Same went for Star Wolves, a relatively unknown series - loved the original and ended up grabbing the two sequels that followed it sight-unseen.

#33 Posted by Christoffer (1795 posts) -

Just filled it out... good luck, have fun.

#34 Posted by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

Happy to assist! The best of luck.

#35 Posted by TheHT (11132 posts) -

done. good luck!

#36 Edited by believer258 (11792 posts) -

TOO MANY VARIABLES!

I bought Mass Effect 3 because I wanted a conclusion to that story. I bought Halo Reach because I consider those games damn fun. My point is that these answers vary depending on the game.

But

I understand that this was just a 4 minute survey. Done and good luck! Gee, I'm dreading having to do a thesis.

#37 Posted by Shimmy (183 posts) -

Boom.

#38 Posted by gamefreak9 (2358 posts) -

@jeronimorv: I assumed parent brand means company... aka parents brand of Diablo 3 is Blizzard.

#39 Posted by jeronimorv (6 posts) -

Thanks to everyone that responded, you've been extremely helpful!! We have enough responses now and will start analyzing the data. The survey is now closed...