maybe it's been asked before, maybe it'll be asked again, but why

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nodima

are the video pages so cumbersome? I've only been using the site heavily for about a month now so I've been trying to enjoy the back catalog of the site. My previous thread about premium content was a great help since I was given specific things to search for, but what about when I don't want to do that? What about when I just want to wander through the abyss of old videos and see what strikes me? It's practically impossible unless I keep a notepad file of all the games that have videos about them, since the moment you click through to a video you're going to have to remember exactly what page you were on in exactly what section to get back there.

The past few days have amounted to endless "page 5...page 9...page 14..." searches just randomly scrolling through things to get back where I was or find something I haven't seen that I'd like to, and getting kind of bummed out about it.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

There's not a very easy way to present all that information, though I agree a simple "page __" field would be nice.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By ki11tank

with this much content i'd say it's pretty good. no better way to archive quicklooks and what not than a thumbnail and in order....

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JasonR86

@Nodima said:

are the video pages so cumbersome? I've only been using the site heavily for about a month now so I've been trying to enjoy the back catalog of the site. My previous thread about premium content was a great help since I was given specific things to search for, but what about when I don't want to do that? What about when I just want to wander through the abyss of old videos and see what strikes me? It's practically impossible unless I keep a notepad file of all the games that have videos about them, since the moment you click through to a video you're going to have to remember exactly what page you were on in exactly what section to get back there.

The past few days have amounted to endless "page 5...page 9...page 14..." searches just randomly scrolling through things to get back where I was or find something I haven't seen that I'd like to, and getting kind of bummed out about it.

You should tell this to the guys who run the site. They likely won't see this comment here in the forums.

keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By keris

@Nodima: I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I middle click on the video links on the category pages in order to open the video in a new tab. Then when I close the video tab you can get back to where I was browsing.

It doesn't help between browser sessions (closing then relaunching the browser). For that, maybe keep a text file with the category and page you stopped at? Admittedly, you'll have to go through pages four at a time to be able to get to the specific page you were on.