#1 Posted by vegetashonor (592 posts) -

I just think it would be entertaining. :)

#2 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@vegetashonor: I would much rather watch them play something else.

I'm not sure why they never did another one of these, they seemed so into the idea of doing more. I also feel it won't be the same as it will just be the Giant Bomb guys instead of them + the rest of Whiskey Media.

#3 Posted by Milkman (16682 posts) -

I doubt anyone else is interested in playing the game besides Jeff.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

Seeing that Whiskey Media dissolved, I'm not sure a new Scrub League would be all that entertaining.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Hizang: @FluxWaveZ: They could get gamespot guys to join as well.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: I know practically none of those guys, so it wouldn't be interesting for me to see how they go against Giant Bomb staff members.

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: They could but how many Gamespot crew members can you name, I hardly no any of them.

#8 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Well it would at least be an improvement over watching Mortal Snorefest.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (8156 posts) -

Yeah, no. A game like MK is significantly more casual-friendly and can be entertaining to watch even if players are fumbling around. A game like P4A is significantly more technical, making watching beginners flail at each other an excruciating experience.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

Nope. Not enough time, too few staff members, Vinny's a dad, only just moved to new building, equipment isn't ready, E3 is coming up, PAX is here, site's going through a redesign, no interns to bring sandwiches ect. ect.

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: They could but how many Gamespot crew members can you name, I hardly no any of them.

I can name a few. Kevin VanOrd, Tom Mcshea, Carolyn Petit, Justin Calvert, Shawn Mcinnis, Maxwell Mcgee, Chris Watters, Brendon Sinclair.

#12 Posted by Flacracker (1660 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

Nope. Not enough time, too few staff members, Vinny's a dad, only just moved to new building, equipment isn't ready, E3 is coming up, PAX is here, site's going through a redesign, no interns to bring sandwiches ect. ect.

Lol

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

Wait what, E3 has happened right?

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Yummylee said:

Wait what, E3 has happened right?

Facetiousness.

#15 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

Did you misread Scrub League for Endurance Run?

#16 Edited by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@Yummylee said:

Did you misread Scrub League for Endurance Run?

Maybe. Maybe I misread it for TANG, or video reviews, or the Happy Hour, or Jeff's Hall of Fame or anything besides QL's, the TNT and the Bombcast :o... I'm only being semi-serious anyway. There are some legitimate reasons to excuse the lack of variety in features, but it's gotten to a point now where said list of reasons almost becomes a parody unto itself.

Speaking for the topic in any case, I'd be glad if we could just get a scrub league, no matter which game it's centred around.

#17 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

@Yummylee: They're easily capable of doing a Scrub League in their current condition.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@Yummylee: They're easily capable of doing a Scrub League in their current condition.

''Easily'' is probably not the way I'd put it, but otherwise yes that was primarily my point. You... didn't actually take my original comment seriously did you?

#19 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -
@FLStyle

They're capable of doing a lot of stuff and yet here we are. One piece of premium content a week, several weeks in a row. Used to be you'd get a handful of QLs, TNT and the Bombcast, and then two-three of LoLS, RPCG, Jar Time, Happy Hour, so on. Now it's just one thing.

If they do a Scrub League at all, it'll be in place of a regular TNT.
#20 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@FLStyle said:

''Easily'' is probably not the way I'd put it, but otherwise yes that was primarily my point. You... didn't actually take my original comment seriously did you?

I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to take any of your comments, you're not making any sense.

#21 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

@FLStyle: -_-'... moving on then.

#22 Posted by Bocam (3724 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Wasn't that how it always was?

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -
@Bocam

@Brodehouse said:

Wasn't that how it always was?

Nah, last time they did a TNT against the community on Thursday, and then a scrub league on Friday. This is in addition to live content earlier that week.

To add to how crazy it is how they're struggling to do content now, they did all that during the week that their Amazon hosting died. They literally created more content without a functioning website than with their massive media corporation parent company.
#24 Posted by MikeFightNight (1109 posts) -

Only gamespot guy I know is currently is Justin Calvert. What happened to Aaron, Brian, Tor, even Shanker? Ryan McDonald still there?

#25 Posted by c_rakestraw (844 posts) -

@MikeFightNight said:

Only gamespot guy I know is currently is Justin Calvert. What happened to Aaron, Brian, Tor, even Shanker? Ryan McDonald still there?

Ryan's still there, yeah. The rest were either laid off years ago (Aaron and Shanker) or left to work in game development or publishing (Brian). No idea what happened to Tor. He just sort of disappeared.