Mega Blog v2!.....

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Hamz

.......is now on hold. Over the last few weeks I've been super busy dealing with numerous things ranging from credit card and bank fraud to work and janky internet problems. So to all those folks who were anticipating the blog being posted yesterday I apologise. I just didn't feel comfortable posting what I had started as I'm not too fond of releasing a half-assed piece of work just to meet a deadline. So I'll be following the Valve philosophy here, it'll be released when it's done!

Now onto some random thoughts in bullet point formation!

• Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition will cost £149 here in the UK which is roughly $243, almost double the US price of $150, and will be a HMV exclusive according to this article on Joystiq. Now as a PC player I'm not directly effected by the recent MW2 price hike shenanigans here in the UK, but I do find it entirely absurd and disgusting. These aren't just little price hikes, this is extortion of a consumer fanbase. Lets be fair here how many of us are really going to use night vision goggles? What use do they have other than to get kids talking about the game coming out with NV-goggles instead of getting kids talking about what the actual game on the disc has to offer players. All a big marketing scam in my opinion, a really cool one, but a scam none the less. And as I said the recent price hikes may not effect me directly, but I sure do feel its bullshit.
  • I got a haircut, it feels liberating.
  • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is out and only £6.99 on Steam which is a great price for a golden oldie, a classic game that rates up there in many PC players top 10 favourites I'd guess. Sadly though I've not had a chance to buy it due to bank fraud which caused me to cancel every credit card I have. But as soon as I get that sorted out, I'll definately be buying this and I suggest everyone who hasn't bought it, do so as well.
  • Our sister site ComicVine has an all new podcast, the VineCast, featuring the voice talents of G-Man, Babs and Captain Cascader aka Snide. I suggest you all take the time to sit down and listen to the first two episodes and give our friends over there some support. And while you're at it take a browse around their highly informative database covering all things Comic related!
  • Giant Bomb had its first birthday yesterday. Congratulations to everyone who helped create and support the content on the site.
  • The Community Spotlight topic could do with a little love these days. So pop on by and give your support to ZombiePie who does a fine job at keeping it updated as well as the multitiude of users who help provide content for it ranging from podcast, guides and wonderful wiki articles.

Hamz, XOXO

PS - SuperMooseman really is a woman. She asked me to help her bake a bun in her oven the other day. I am a little shocked at such a brazen request.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hamz

.......is now on hold. Over the last few weeks I've been super busy dealing with numerous things ranging from credit card and bank fraud to work and janky internet problems. So to all those folks who were anticipating the blog being posted yesterday I apologise. I just didn't feel comfortable posting what I had started as I'm not too fond of releasing a half-assed piece of work just to meet a deadline. So I'll be following the Valve philosophy here, it'll be released when it's done!

Now onto some random thoughts in bullet point formation!

• Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition will cost £149 here in the UK which is roughly $243, almost double the US price of $150, and will be a HMV exclusive according to this article on Joystiq. Now as a PC player I'm not directly effected by the recent MW2 price hike shenanigans here in the UK, but I do find it entirely absurd and disgusting. These aren't just little price hikes, this is extortion of a consumer fanbase. Lets be fair here how many of us are really going to use night vision goggles? What use do they have other than to get kids talking about the game coming out with NV-goggles instead of getting kids talking about what the actual game on the disc has to offer players. All a big marketing scam in my opinion, a really cool one, but a scam none the less. And as I said the recent price hikes may not effect me directly, but I sure do feel its bullshit.
  • I got a haircut, it feels liberating.
  • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition is out and only £6.99 on Steam which is a great price for a golden oldie, a classic game that rates up there in many PC players top 10 favourites I'd guess. Sadly though I've not had a chance to buy it due to bank fraud which caused me to cancel every credit card I have. But as soon as I get that sorted out, I'll definately be buying this and I suggest everyone who hasn't bought it, do so as well.
  • Our sister site ComicVine has an all new podcast, the VineCast, featuring the voice talents of G-Man, Babs and Captain Cascader aka Snide. I suggest you all take the time to sit down and listen to the first two episodes and give our friends over there some support. And while you're at it take a browse around their highly informative database covering all things Comic related!
  • Giant Bomb had its first birthday yesterday. Congratulations to everyone who helped create and support the content on the site.
  • The Community Spotlight topic could do with a little love these days. So pop on by and give your support to ZombiePie who does a fine job at keeping it updated as well as the multitiude of users who help provide content for it ranging from podcast, guides and wonderful wiki articles.

Hamz, XOXO

PS - SuperMooseman really is a woman. She asked me to help her bake a bun in her oven the other day. I am a little shocked at such a brazen request.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

Whoa you got me all excited for a second.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#3  Edited By citizenkane

I had to put my Mega Blog about Giant Bomb's anniversary on hold as well.  Partly because I wasn't able to finish my Endurance Sprint blog until the night before GB's birthday.  I'll get it done someday.....I hope.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

No worries dude. I'd rather have a great blog later than an uncompleted one now.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@SuperMooseman said:
"Finally, I'm not a woman. Seriously."
That's exactly what a woman pretending to be a man would say, and thus, you must be a woman.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThomasP

Take your time, man. Hope you get the credit card fraud figured out. My brother had something along those lines happen to him. Terrible thing.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

HMV?!?!?! DO NOT WANT. Do. Not. Want.

Fuck. I HATE dealing with HMV. Goddamit, this ruined my day :(

Edit: Well, dropped my pre-order with them I just hope it goes smooth as butter. £120 isnt too bad, I was expecting £130+ or even full retail from HMV. I hope they don't charge my card early like they did before (not talking days early, i'm talking months)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hamz
@SuperMooseman: I used to have rather long, curly and thick hair for years. Then I recently got a number 8 at the hairdressers, you know a pretty short buzzcut. Big shock after years of long hair sir.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

WOOT! I got a plug! But really that Community Spotlight is my baby, and y'all are letting it die...you BASTARDS!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I always let my hair grow for about three years and then shave it. I haven't been to a barber in 17 years.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator

The most anticlimactic blog title ever

...I wet myself for NOTHING?!?
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Tireyo

My hair never grows long.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Red12b

I want to rock my Gingafro again, Oh yeah.

SexMachine right here.

Other than that take your time Hamz, Do the Valve thing.