• 157 results
#51 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

@TruthTellah: You can uninstall it through Control Panel > Programs/Features

#52 Posted by Skrams (271 posts) -

Took maybe 20 something minutes with 15 attempts but beat it. I noticed the one glitch where you could still make firing noises before you warped in. Also Ryan Davis decided to fly out of the stage 2 or 3 times but then was nice enough to fly back in. But seriously Fuck Russian Doppelganger Ryan Davis.

Also as far as gamegame stuff, I thought the hummingbird spawns seemed a bit random and not put in precise spots so I could at least have a safe path to go through to avoid them. Also not really sure those bullets he fires should be homing as every once in a while a bullet decided to curve off screen and fly back and catch me, or better yet, go in a circle around me forever and eventually hit me. I don't know how much a slide effects MegaMan's hitbox in regularass MegaMan but I could see it being good to add if you ever fleshed out this idea because there was plenty of times where I was a bit too tall to avoid a hummingbird clipping my head.

#53 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Duder of the YEAR.

I found the hummingbird spit attack more dangerous, actually. Couldn't stay close, had to fight him from a distance where you do less damage!

But the hummingbird summoning is less precise, so you're pretty much guaranteed to get hit once.

#54 Posted by GunstarRed (5022 posts) -

It's cool I couldn't finish it after 30 or so attempts, l think the hummingbirds feel a little unfair and sometimes you get hit by three or so different attacks without any way of dodging.

#55 Posted by csl316 (8085 posts) -

Awesome. But aren't you missing an "uh" there?

I... I can't say I expected to say that today.

#56 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@Mijati said:

EAT SHIT RYAN DAVIS!

Took me about 5 attempts to beat it, the hummingbirds seemed to be very unforgiving at times (I thought I would be safe to go under it but still hit anyway). But was great other than that, shame it's only one boss though :(.

Indeed. I've tweaked the humming bird attack a bit so maybe it'll be a little less cheap -_-;;

@QuantumPilot said:

It works, but the jump seems off. Could be just me, but I have trouble sticking the landing.

Unfortunately, it's working on my machine so I can't really check what is causing the problem on your end =(

#57 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

Great work !

Is Ryan summoning birds an inside joke ?

#58 Edited by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@Scratch said:

Had no problems downloading and installing. It's pretty sweet! I couldn't beat it though.

I made it a little easier =)

@Hugh_Jazz said:

@Fobwashed: Am playing with a wired X360 controller, just not very proficient at fighting these bullet hell style bosses.

Would you be interested in releasing the source for this if you're not interested in working too much more on it? I haven't had Visual Studio installed for a long while since I'm trying to get into Unity, but it could be fun to try and expand on this a bit.

I'll seriously consider this once I'm certain I'll never revisit. The problem with releasing the source is mostly that it's so damn dirty I feel bad about most of it. Especially the stuff near the end, it was just a rush to finish so I did a hack job of certain transitions. The thing is seriously held together by duct tape =P

@MaFoLu said:

After playing this non-stop for about half an hour, I finally managed to beat it. The only real bug I found while playing was that before Mega Man has spawned, the firing sound still plays if you try to shoot. Other than that, the only things that bugged me were the fact that you had to restart the game every time you died, and that for the smaller platforms the collision felt off while jumping onto them from below, like the collider was too small on top of it. This could probably be alleviated by simply moving them down just a tiny bit.Those were just some small annoyances though and overall it was very well put together. I would be overjoyed if this was developed into a full game, or at least just the boss fights for the other duders. You have any plans for releasing the source for this so other duders could keep working on it if you are going to move on to other projects?

I changed it so you can restart from the death screen. I also lowered the smaller platforms a bit to not require a max jump to land on it -_-;;

@JackSukeru said:

@Fobwashed: Ah I didn't know that you could use a Xbox controller, I eventually beat it using that.

Makes it much easier IMO

@Alpha1 said:

it was excellent!! Great work duder :D

SPOILERS! =P I'm happy you enjoyed it~!

@Chavtheworld said:

@Fobwashed said:

@KaneRobot said:

Won't install, incompatible with my graphics card message. Weird, it's only like 5 years old and was pretty high end at the time. Oh well.

Looks pretty awesome.

Well that's really screwy and disheartening =\ Could you please let me know what kind of video card you have and what OS you're running on? This was partly for fun but I'm also trying to learn from this for my other game -_-;;

I've been using a lot of XNA recently, and if I had to guess the error will be the Hi-Def incompatible graphics card one. Basically in XNA if you're developing for PC you can use the Hi-Def mode to give you access to some extra things, but it won't run on Xbox or older GPU's. Instead you need to go on your project properties and change the (render method I think?) to Reach. It's the first radial option under properties.

Also game looks pretty awesome. Thought it was a ROMhack for a moment, given its attention to detail.

My best guess is that it's because I'm using the largest texture size and some slightly older video cards may not be able to use them.

@Vexxan said:

Was fun to play, better get working on that sequel! Would be cool to see one game for each of the duders in different environment, Mario X GiantBomb, Zelda X GiantBomb and so on.

Keep up the good work!

Sounds like a fun project. This was actually really enjoyable for me to make and it's pretty quick and easy so there's a pretty high chance I may revisit it and put together another boss fight. Though, I gotta get back to my main project for now. If I ever need a break again, I guess I know where to go.

@gelatinabomination said:

This is great. If this doesn't turn into something bigger, though, I will be sad.

Me too -_-;; Thanks =)

@Schatzy23 said:

Great video game duder. I, as usual, suck at Megaman games so i couldn't get Russian Ryan Davis's health down at all. All in all, amazing work!

Newer version should be somewhat easier if you wanna give it another shot =) Thanks!

@Skrams said:

Took maybe 20 something minutes with 15 attempts but beat it. I noticed the one glitch where you could still make firing noises before you warped in. Also Ryan Davis decided to fly out of the stage 2 or 3 times but then was nice enough to fly back in. But seriously Fuck Russian Doppelganger Ryan Davis.

Also as far as gamegame stuff, I thought the hummingbird spawns seemed a bit random and not put in precise spots so I could at least have a safe path to go through to avoid them. Also not really sure those bullets he fires should be homing as every once in a while a bullet decided to curve off screen and fly back and catch me, or better yet, go in a circle around me forever and eventually hit me. I don't know how much a slide effects MegaMan's hitbox in regularass MegaMan but I could see it being good to add if you ever fleshed out this idea because there was plenty of times where I was a bit too tall to avoid a hummingbird clipping my head.

The warping in firing is because MegaMan exists elsewhere before warping in -_-;; It's not really game influencing enough that I want to try to fix it either =( Davis does tend to fly off screen occasionally but I've set it up so he always returns. I didn't want to give him hard boundaries though because. . . well, because it looked sorta weird. I tweaked the hummingbirds so that there should always be enough space to avoid them though there are a few more than there were before to try to balance out the change towards easy in the difficulty. If I ever bring this back up to mess around with, I'll add a slide. It should go ahead and auto incorperate itself into anything that exists already. As for the homing bullets, I'll set their destroy counter lower so that even if it does come back, it'll blow up after not that long. I made them homing so that if someone tries to just stay close to easily dodge the uh's, it'd increase the difficulty in another way =P

@Little_Socrates said:

Duder of the YEAR.

I found the hummingbird spit attack more dangerous, actually. Couldn't stay close, had to fight him from a distance where you do less damage!

But the hummingbird summoning is less precise, so you're pretty much guaranteed to get hit once.

You should do identical damage regardless of where you are =P If not, it's some kind of glitch but yeah, it seems best to stay away =P Thanks for playing~

@GunstarRed said:

It's cool I couldn't finish it after 30 or so attempts, l think the hummingbirds feel a little unfair and sometimes you get hit by three or so different attacks without any way of dodging.

I evened out the humming birds difficulty so that there should always be space to avoid, even if it's really hard -_-;; Sorry

@csl316 said:

Awesome. But aren't you missing an "uh" there? I... I can't say I expected to say that today.

Yea. . . =( The 5th Uh made it so it was impossible to jump them all and compressing them to fire faster to allow you to jump them all made them so it's impossible to sneak through a stream. Blame the gameplay not meeeeee!!!

One day, some day~ -_______-

#59 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

Woah, good job Duder.

#60 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

You magnificent song of a bitch.

#61 Posted by wumbo3000 (935 posts) -

THAT WAS SO COOL!!!!

Oh man Ryan was a bitch to defeat, but like every other traditional Megaman game, totally rewarding when you finally beat him. Awesome stuff man!

And this totally reminded me how amazing the NES Megaman music was.

#62 Posted by heatDrive88 (2267 posts) -

This is pretty amazing, I must say. Keep up the great work.

#63 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

Awesome job! Only got him down to a quarter health once after 30 minutes of trying. Arggh, I'm going to make it my life's mission to beat Modok Davis.

#64 Posted by williamflipper (63 posts) -

Sweeeeet!

#65 Posted by Snail (8578 posts) -

I'll hopefully play this soon.

How hard would it be for you to make a MAC version?

#66 Posted by williamflipper (63 posts) -

It works fine, it's super hard, Ryan is a jerk, Fkng birds

#67 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Fobwashed: I more meant that your bullets don't hit Ry Man as quickly, meaning that you ultimately do less damage because he can dodge more accurately.

#68 Posted by buzz_clik (6904 posts) -

@Fobwashed: I think the chorus to this song adequately sums up my feelings about you:

#69 Posted by noby_guy (91 posts) -

Genius! Downloading now!

#70 Posted by noby_guy (91 posts) -

No suitable graphics card found. I can't play this. :((((

#71 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@noby_guy could you please let me know what video card u are using? I think I may know the issue but I want to be sure before investing the time to fix it =P

#72 Posted by Kurinkita (43 posts) -

It's really fun! kinda hard though :(

#73 Edited by Graham_Nix (99 posts) -

I read you wanted to know about problems, and I have one. I tried to install, but got a pop up saying:

'No suitable graphics card found.

Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework HiDef profile.

Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed.

Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as a Windows service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full.'

I have no idea what the things mentioned in the last two lines are. I know shit about computers, but here's what I think the relevant specs are:

Processor: AMB Athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+

Thing: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Memory: 1GB RAM

Hope it helps!

#74 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

Did a little research and it looks like it requires a DX10 capable video card. Since its so low fi though, I'll go ahead and re-publish it to work with non DX10 cards later when I get home. Hopefully the people having issues now can try it again then.

#75 Posted by noby_guy (91 posts) -

@Fobwashed: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE. Pretty sucky I know. =\

#76 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@noby_guy: @Graham_Nix: could you two please try this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkphhym2xj3ebiw/Megaman%20X%20GiantBomb%20V1.10.zip

and let me know if it runs

thanks

#77 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

@Fobwashed:

fuck ryan davis

#78 Posted by Strife777 (1500 posts) -

Dude, this is fucking hard :P.

#79 Posted by 49th (2687 posts) -

He launches Hummingbirds, that's hilarious.

#80 Posted by RioStarwind (484 posts) -

Anyone who has trouble with it should use a 360/ps3 game pad if you have it. Beat it on the first try when I switched to it. Good job on making this Fobwashed.

#81 Posted by csl316 (8085 posts) -

Just got around to playing it, and got it on my second try.  Fantastic, really cool and I hope to see more.

I believe this should be an initiation ritual for new members.  To unlock Jar videos or something.  Or at least to get a little icon on your profile name.

#82 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@Snail said:

I'll hopefully play this soon.

How hard would it be for you to make a MAC version?

I've never programmed anything on the mac and unfortunately don't plan on trying to learn right now =( Sorry

I mentioned before, but there's a second version up that should work with older video cards. Anyone who has trouble with the main download please try the second one and let me know if that resolved your problems.

Thank you everyone for giving me the time to check this out =) I'm happy to hear most people are having a good time with this short, short, super short bit of gaming. I'm also completely open to hear any criticisms or bugs you find. Thing is small enough that fixing things is pretty quick and easy =D

#83 Posted by TheDuffieldBomb (4 posts) -

Watched the video, cool game. Nicely done.

#84 Posted by GalacticGravy (544 posts) -

Nice work. One thing I noticed, is that you can jump up through the bottom platforms. Mega Man games normally have collision on the bottom of platforms.

#85 Posted by noby_guy (91 posts) -

@Fobwashed: Downloaded the new version 1.10 and still get the same error. :(

#86 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Downloading now.

#87 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Played the "original version" 
And everything seems fine to me and it was pretty cool to play. 
Now I just wish it was a full game with tons of stuff to do in it but it was still awesome!

#88 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Just beat it. Got a little annoyed at how some of the random patterns of the birds made it impossible to dodge if you weren't on the right part of the screen before they appear, but not going to nitpick it too hard since the game was done in two days. A few minor bugs, though:

• If you skip the game over screen and go right back into the game, it continues to play the game over music over the boss fight music.
  • You can shoot during the "ready" screen. It doesn't make bullets appear, but you can make the "pew pew" sound of the buster before the fight.
  • Every so often I wasn't able to shoot during the invincibility frames after being hit. Sometimes it would work, other times I had to wait until I was completely solid again.

Other than that, awesome job!

#89 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -

Huh...I get an error saying the dropbox is empty. After waiting SO LONG, I am denied...I HATE YOU FOBWASHED, I WISH I NEVER CLICKED THIS LINK!!!

#90 Posted by g6065 (271 posts) -

Are you freaking kidding me???

Amazing work.

#91 Posted by Phished0ne (2479 posts) -

Great Stuff although i will never get to finish it because i suck at mega man bosses. Well actually, mega man in general.

#92 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@noby_guy said:

@Fobwashed: Downloaded the new version 1.10 and still get the same error. :(

Damn. . . not entirely positive what it could be. Just uploading a new version now, if that one doesn't work, I may have to cut the sprite sheet sizes down to see if that was the issue =(

@ZeForgotten said:

Played the "original version" And everything seems fine to me and it was pretty cool to play. Now I just wish it was a full game with tons of stuff to do in it but it was still awesome!

Thanks =) The latest one I'm putting up has a slide which makes things a bit easier =P

@Morbid_Coffee said:

Just beat it. Got a little annoyed at how some of the random patterns of the birds made it impossible to dodge if you weren't on the right part of the screen before they appear, but not going to nitpick it too hard since the game was done in two days. A few minor bugs, though:

• If you skip the game over screen and go right back into the game, it continues to play the game over music over the boss fight music.
  • You can shoot during the "ready" screen. It doesn't make bullets appear, but you can make the "pew pew" sound of the buster before the fight.
  • Every so often I wasn't able to shoot during the invincibility frames after being hit. Sometimes it would work, other times I had to wait until I was completely solid again.

Other than that, awesome job!

fixed the continuing music, shooting during the ready screen but I can't seem to recreate the last one. If you could be a little more specific and know exactly how to recreate it, I might be able to try to tackle it -_-;;

Thanks =)

@Undeadpool said:

Huh...I get an error saying the dropbox is empty. After waiting SO LONG, I am denied...I HATE YOU FOBWASHED, I WISH I NEVER CLICKED THIS LINK!!!

Very Very Strange. . .

@g6065 said:

Are you freaking kidding me???

Amazing work.

tyty =D

@Phished0ne said:

Great Stuff although i will never get to finish it because i suck at mega man bosses. Well actually, mega man in general.

lol, maybe I'll throw in an easy mode =P

new version is up with some bug fixes + slide with down+jump

#93 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Fobwashed  said: 

@ZeForgotten said:

Played the "original version" And everything seems fine to me and it was pretty cool to play. Now I just wish it was a full game with tons of stuff to do in it but it was still awesome!

Thanks =) The latest one I'm putting up has a slide which makes things a bit easier =P

I want a slider that makes things almost impossible! 
Think "I wanna be the guy" but with the game changing it up so not everything is the same!  
Make it happen! 

I'm kidding, it's cool to see you're actually updating it a little here and there even after saying it's not a game and just a jam thing :P 
One of these days we're gonna have you make us a full game! 

Your stuff always impresses me a lot
#94 Edited by Sinusoidal (1283 posts) -

Man, I'm playing the first version. Can't restart, the game quits when I lose, and I lose a lot. I suck at Mega Man apparently. I beat them all back in the day...

Edit: I type this, then load it back up and kick his ass. With two notches of life left...

#95 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Fobwashed said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I want a slider that makes things almost impossible! Think "I wanna be the guy" but with the game changing it up so not everything is the same! Make it happen! I'm kidding, it's cool to see you're actually updating it a little here and there even after saying it's not a game and just a jam thing :P One of these days we're gonna have you make us a full game! Your stuff always impresses me a lot

Meh, jam was over with the first one but since the code is here and it's all pretty easy stuff, I find myself continuing to tinker with it =P Maybe set is so when u kill Ryddok, it spawns two more -_-;;

@Sinusoidal said:

Man, I'm playing the first version. Can't restart, the game quits when I lose, and I lose a lot. I suck at Mega Man apparently. I beat them all back in the day...

Edit: I type this, then load it back up and kick his ass. With two notches of life left...

Yuuuuup. I cut a few corners to make it in that whole "2day window" type thing. Just uninstall and download the latest one and save yourself a headache =P

#96 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

Awesome duder! downloading now (man my internet sucks D: )

#97 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Fobwashed said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Fobwashed said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I want a slider that makes things almost impossible! Think "I wanna be the guy" but with the game changing it up so not everything is the same! Make it happen! I'm kidding, it's cool to see you're actually updating it a little here and there even after saying it's not a game and just a jam thing :P One of these days we're gonna have you make us a full game! Your stuff always impresses me a lot

Meh, jam was over with the first one but since the code is here and it's all pretty easy stuff, I find myself continuing to tinker with it =P Maybe set is so when u kill Ryddok, it spawns two more -_-;;

And then after you kill those two, four more Rydoks. 
Then 8, 16.. and so on, you know, just to be insane :P
#98 Edited by Graham_Nix (99 posts) -

@Fobwashed said:

thanks

This one was already removed, but v1.11 works perfectly for me. Great work Fobwashed!

Also, does anyone have any tips on defeating Ryan for someone who has never played a Megaman game?

#99 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

This is amazing. Great job man!

#100 Posted by Fobwashed (1897 posts) -

@Graham_Nix said:

@Fobwashed said:

thanks

This one was already removed, but v1.11 works perfectly for me. Great work Fobwashed!

Also, does anyone have any tips on defeating Ryan for someone who has never played a Megaman game?

Happy to hear that resolved your issue. This is the kind of information gathering I need =P

@Scottish_Sin said:

This is amazing. Great job man!

Thank you =) People playing the damn thing makes it worthwhile!