#1 Posted by ZolRoyce (704 posts) -

Hi duders and dudettes, I was recently playing the game Beowulf which was just so very bad, but during the game I came upon this one moment I genuinely loved, it's just a small rhythm game where you have to keep you and your thanes in tune to a song to call out the monster Grendel to attack you.
It was very simple which was to it's benefit and the song they sing starts out scattered and poor but continues to build and build into this really catch tune that I was really enjoying by the time it ended. But then the game started up again and it was all downhill from there.

So my question to you all is thus, are there any moments in any bad (or just unheard of, no need to pigeon hold this) games that stood out to to you as memorable/funny/genuinely good?

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
This, from Shin Megami Tensei.

#3 Posted by razkazz (169 posts) -

Exploring the beach for the final treasures after completing Tomb Raider reboot's story showed me how much more enjoyable the game would've been had they not stuffed it full of wall to wall Uncharted combat.

#4 Posted by DonChipotle (2763 posts) -

While not unheard of it is bad. Drakengard's ending E is the most memorable thing about it, because of how fucking insane it is, how fucking insanely difficult it is, and because it brought about the true game of the generation. So yeah...memorable.

From that same game there's also the memorable moment of how every single character is the worst person.

#5 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -

There's that part in Resident Evil 6 where Leon quips "These puzzles could be solved by a 5th grader!" after you solve a really simple, dumb puzzle involving shooting bells. I thought that was pretty funny.

Oh! Also that part in Jade Empire with John Cleese as a fake-European imperialist explorer in which you must engage in a battle of wits to determine whose culture is superior.

#6 Posted by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

Deadly Premonition consists solely of memorable moments ensconced in a terrible game.

#7 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3860 posts) -

For me the fataltiies and finishing moves in Eternal Champions are what comes to mind, on the Sega CD version. They were a big step up from Mortal Kombat gore wise, and plus there were a good amount of really crazy stage fatalities and character fatalities to figure out which kept me and my brother busy with it for a long time. As a fighting game it was okay at best but I loved the idea of it.

The one on the minecart that is on the cowboy here was a personal favorite. So over the top.

@arbitrarywater said:

Oh! Also that part in Jade Empire with John Cleese as a fake-European imperialist explorer in which you must engage in a battle of wits to determine whose culture is superior.

Jade Empire wasn't bad!

#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -
#9 Edited by CallMeTetris (72 posts) -

The Hell Descent in Silent Hill: Homecoming. I don't exactly think that game's as bad as people make it out to be, but that portion's gotta be worth at least some recognition from people who disliked it. Come to think of it, I enjoyed Otherworld Alex's House too.

#10 Posted by DeadpanCakes (914 posts) -

My cousin bought me Infinite Undiscovery for Christmas one year. Pretty much the entire game was super generic, and just... kinda boring. But I remember liking the way the climax was structured.

I remember thinking "wow, this would be pretty flippin' awesome if I gave half of a shit about the characters/world/plot/combat." Also, I remember the music being pretty good.