Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

Edited By insanejedi

On with the show!

Max Payne 1-2

This successfully melody accompanied by the Piano as the main star reflects the melodramatic serious noir crime drama that has identified Max Payne. It gives the image of the dark alleyway full of drug addicts on the midnight street. 

Max Payne 2 uses a different selection of instruments using the same melody. The solo Violin with the high pitched tone stands out, while the lower string instruments hum in the background to support it. What this ends up is the tragic romantic theme of the tragic film noir love story that Max Payne 2 is. I think it's going to be hard for Rockstar to live up to not only the gameplay and story elements of Max Payne, but also the musical artistry. Not that the Rockstar guys are bad in their musical direction, far from it. But because the musical direction in Max Payne from Remedy has been so elegantly fitting to the two different directions the game has gone through, while still feeling familiar.

Mirror's Edge

With over a million views on this piece, the Mirror's Edge theme certainly has done something right (despite the bad choice to name your song.) I think from the very first trailer of Mirror's Edge, other than the comments about the unique gameplay, all I heard after that is "Where can I get this song?". This theme reflects truly what the feel of Mirror's Edge is all about. The high octaves of the piano keys are the real star, giving the image of the crisp cool breeze of simply running quickly through the air. A true hit, and EA took no time to take advantage of the early success, but in a good way that ended up with several great remixes like this one.

Morrowind

Maybe it's the fact that Morrowind doesn't have a diverse soundtrack in the 200 hours I have played it, or maybe it's the fact that Jeremy Sole doesn't really know how to do anything different than what he does. But none the less this is probably one of the most memorable songs in my modern gaming collection. Simply, it's a great melody with the orchestral score that reflects on the vast and epic scale of this game quite well.

Beyond Good and Evil

Other than BEING ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES THAT YOU GUYS DID NOT BUY! Beyond Good and Evil boasted a wonderful soundtrack with tons of memorable scores apart from it's main theme. But the main theme has an amazing piano solo, with the strings in the background to help support it. It's a relaxing score that has a very "zen" nature, which accurately reflects most of what the game is.

I think 5 games is enough for now. Be sure to add any songs you would like in the comments that you find memorable gaming music in the modern era.
insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By insanejedi

On with the show!

Max Payne 1-2

This successfully melody accompanied by the Piano as the main star reflects the melodramatic serious noir crime drama that has identified Max Payne. It gives the image of the dark alleyway full of drug addicts on the midnight street. 

Max Payne 2 uses a different selection of instruments using the same melody. The solo Violin with the high pitched tone stands out, while the lower string instruments hum in the background to support it. What this ends up is the tragic romantic theme of the tragic film noir love story that Max Payne 2 is. I think it's going to be hard for Rockstar to live up to not only the gameplay and story elements of Max Payne, but also the musical artistry. Not that the Rockstar guys are bad in their musical direction, far from it. But because the musical direction in Max Payne from Remedy has been so elegantly fitting to the two different directions the game has gone through, while still feeling familiar.

Mirror's Edge

With over a million views on this piece, the Mirror's Edge theme certainly has done something right (despite the bad choice to name your song.) I think from the very first trailer of Mirror's Edge, other than the comments about the unique gameplay, all I heard after that is "Where can I get this song?". This theme reflects truly what the feel of Mirror's Edge is all about. The high octaves of the piano keys are the real star, giving the image of the crisp cool breeze of simply running quickly through the air. A true hit, and EA took no time to take advantage of the early success, but in a good way that ended up with several great remixes like this one.

Morrowind

Maybe it's the fact that Morrowind doesn't have a diverse soundtrack in the 200 hours I have played it, or maybe it's the fact that Jeremy Sole doesn't really know how to do anything different than what he does. But none the less this is probably one of the most memorable songs in my modern gaming collection. Simply, it's a great melody with the orchestral score that reflects on the vast and epic scale of this game quite well.

Beyond Good and Evil

Other than BEING ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES THAT YOU GUYS DID NOT BUY! Beyond Good and Evil boasted a wonderful soundtrack with tons of memorable scores apart from it's main theme. But the main theme has an amazing piano solo, with the strings in the background to help support it. It's a relaxing score that has a very "zen" nature, which accurately reflects most of what the game is.

I think 5 games is enough for now. Be sure to add any songs you would like in the comments that you find memorable gaming music in the modern era.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

Dude, speaking of Still Alive, Portal came out after 2000.

Also, Chrono Cross has a freaking amazing soundtrack and that came out in 2000.

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By insanejedi

I'm staying away from the obvious stuff like Halo and Portal, and getting the not so obvious stuff first.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I bought Beyond Good and Evil and I thought it was mediocre in just about everything it tried to do, beyond its memorable characters.  Yeah, I said it.

Good list, though!

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By tmthomsen

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

Just throwing out a few that wouldnt get much attention

Cerobi Slope: FFXII
Water Town: Shantae
Resident Evil 4: The Mercenaries-Wesker
Under the Star of Destiny: Soul Calibur 2
Lullaby for you: The World Ends With You or Long Dream or Calling
Ace Attourney- Court: Phoenix Wright (use the orchestra version)
Golden Sun-Battle Theam Medley: Golden Sun
Menu theme: Metroid Prime

Oh and by the way, I DID buy Beyond good and evil.