#1 Edited by ShinjiEx (624 posts) -

later bundled with Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain

Kojima has stated that Ground Zero is still it's own game to be released first and later Phantom Pain i.e. Metal Gear Solid V

Konami also stated both chapters are sold separately

But both games make up MGS5 quoting Kojima

So my theory is for $20 from PSN Store an or Xbox Live Marketplace you will get the prologue Ground Zero which is said to be smaller open world version of Phantom Pain

then Later Phantom Pain marketed as Metal Gear Solid V will sell on disc but would include Ground Zero

Do to the larger time frame to develop Phantom Pain so Ground Zero will give us a 3 to 6 moth taste before The full product that is Metal Gear Solid V

Kojima also confirmed either way these games are going to available for current gen PS3 and Xbox 360

#2 Edited by TruthTellah (8517 posts) -

@shinjiex: Where did you hear that it would be released early digitally?

And while Kojima has stated that they're separate games(probably as part of one package, kind of like MGS2), I haven't heard him say that Ground Zeroes would come out before The Phantom Pain.

#3 Edited by ThePhantomStranger (353 posts) -

Titles a little misleading don't ya think?

Ground Zeroes being downloadable has been tossed around in various topics trying to figure what's going on with MGSV but if they'll include it on the disc when they release The Phantom Pain is a new thought I haven't read.

#4 Posted by ShinjiEx (624 posts) -

"So my theory"

#5 Edited by TruthTellah (8517 posts) -

@shinjiex said:

@truthtellah said:

"So my theory"

So, adding "So my theory" halfway into your post is supposed to indicate that every part of what you're saying is just your theory? If that's the case, then your title is horribly misleading, as there isn't a "My theory: MGS: Ground Zeroes will be released digitally first". To say "to be released digitally first" gives the impression that you're announcing something, and then the first half of your post is acting as though your theory is reality.

Not cool.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

And while Kojima has stated that they're separate games(probably as part of one package, kind of like MGS2), I haven't heard him say that Ground Zeroes would come out before The Phantom Pain.

Kojima stated that the Ground Zeroes would come out first during the GT interview, insinuating that both are indeed separate releases. It more than likely will be a digital release, similar to something like Case Zero for Dead Rising 2 perhaps, but otherwise yeah this thread is still pure speculation yet it conveys it as fact for the most part.

#7 Edited by TruthTellah (8517 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@truthtellah said:

Kojima stated that the Ground Zeroes would come out first during the GT interview, insinuating that both are indeed separate releases. It more than likely will be a digital release, similar to something like Case Zero for Dead Rising 2 perhaps, but otherwise yeah this thread is still pure speculation yet it conveys it as fact for the most part.

While I think it's plausible that they might release it early as a digital download, I still don't feel like Kojima has been clear about that. It's clear that Ground Zeroes is a separate experience that sets up the majority of the MGSV experience, but they've also indicated that they'll be together as one entity. So, it's odd. Maybe it will be like Dead Rising 2's Case Zero, a prologue for the main game sold as DLC.

I suppose this is possible, and I'm curious to hear more. As you said, my only real issue here was with presenting pure speculation as fact, particularly in a title.