kadosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kadosho

Snake is still hiding +
To begin with this entry, I am one of the few (although an MGS fan) does not own a Sony console. But I do give kudos to what the game has accomplished on the platform. Even though some limitations weren't reached, besides the "Meme", and idealogical to psychological processing (which was absorbed into various cyberpunk titles). Konami is still pushing the the fourth entry to sell on the PS3, but is it too much of holding onto a "burning candle"?

Lately, alot of publishers have been outsourcing on other systems, in order the boost sales. Sure its a "divide and conquer" strategy, but it also maintains a balance on their "sell and demand". Konami has been known for selling "hits & misses", given their history then and now; its tough to say if they've matured in their current state. Multiplatforming has become a saving grace for various companies, yet Konami still says "if its possible on this console".

Warning - this is a flame post towards the PS3, but a question to why Konami is being so stubborn
And they still want to push past the 4million shipment? (how many actually sold?)

(article that grabbed my attention - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21002

Blue Bomber - where have you been?+
Mega Man IX was a long promised, yet held back entry from Capcom for so many years. It delivered that classic feeling of (knowing ways to die, to fail, keep trying, and the pressure of not throwing your controller in defeat). But not everyone grew up with an NES, or Megaman for that matter. So its charm? For the new, and longtime fans to get back into that mode they remember; or for the first time actually understand what made it so captivating.

I remember growing up, playing a friends copy of Mega Man I; and kept going until the very end. I could never forget how many pitfalls, to game over screens, and the rest (you longtime fans know this all too well). If you were to ask a younger person what they thought about Mega man, you would probably get "Mega who?" or "How come I can't fire up and down?" and the coveted "what difficulty levels are there? This is too hard!?"

So can Megaman 9 and other 2D classics still hold up with a newer audience?

(article reference - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20836

kadosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By kadosho

Snake is still hiding +
To begin with this entry, I am one of the few (although an MGS fan) does not own a Sony console. But I do give kudos to what the game has accomplished on the platform. Even though some limitations weren't reached, besides the "Meme", and idealogical to psychological processing (which was absorbed into various cyberpunk titles). Konami is still pushing the the fourth entry to sell on the PS3, but is it too much of holding onto a "burning candle"?

Lately, alot of publishers have been outsourcing on other systems, in order the boost sales. Sure its a "divide and conquer" strategy, but it also maintains a balance on their "sell and demand". Konami has been known for selling "hits & misses", given their history then and now; its tough to say if they've matured in their current state. Multiplatforming has become a saving grace for various companies, yet Konami still says "if its possible on this console".

Warning - this is a flame post towards the PS3, but a question to why Konami is being so stubborn
And they still want to push past the 4million shipment? (how many actually sold?)

(article that grabbed my attention - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21002

Blue Bomber - where have you been?+
Mega Man IX was a long promised, yet held back entry from Capcom for so many years. It delivered that classic feeling of (knowing ways to die, to fail, keep trying, and the pressure of not throwing your controller in defeat). But not everyone grew up with an NES, or Megaman for that matter. So its charm? For the new, and longtime fans to get back into that mode they remember; or for the first time actually understand what made it so captivating.

I remember growing up, playing a friends copy of Mega Man I; and kept going until the very end. I could never forget how many pitfalls, to game over screens, and the rest (you longtime fans know this all too well). If you were to ask a younger person what they thought about Mega man, you would probably get "Mega who?" or "How come I can't fire up and down?" and the coveted "what difficulty levels are there? This is too hard!?"

So can Megaman 9 and other 2D classics still hold up with a newer audience?

(article reference - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20836

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By elbow

So you're complaining that MGS4 is a console exclusive to the PS3? So Konami is automatically stubborn because they chose to do that?

I could say the same thing for Epic Games and Lionhead Studios for not putting out their game. In any case if you've played MGS4, you should know that the amount of product placement, and I am indeed willing to bet that Sony opened up their coffers to Konami, for a game like that.