User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hopefully we'll get to see bears thrown out of space by a demi god.

Loading Video...

Getting beaten by a half god and thrown, probably the worse death imaginable. Anyway I hope everything goes well with the build, it could make games more interesting.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

I don't mean to come off as a psychopath or something but if this means dead bodies will remain on the battlefield in my videogames I'm all for it.

Normandy landings v 3.0, it's time! Medal of Honor Allied Assault 2, get on it EA. Remember this dope tagline?

No Caption Provided

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

well, that's more something I enjoy seeing. It's short enough before you start asking questions.... which will happen because EVERYONE SHOULD ASK QUESTIONS!

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This still doesn't show me why I should care. That dude basically said "this one runs like poo, this one doesn't becauase...well...cloud stuff"

Until I see a difference in a practical gaming situation, this is all white noise and bullshit.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm really excited about the potential for a lot of this kind of stuff, but this is less than impressive.

And yeah, it's just a kind of simple, random demo of a basic thing so we shouldn't draw conclusions, but it really doesn't do them any good showing their cutting edge tech running at 32 FPS.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullshit.

andrewavilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard of this trick once before

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EXTomar

Yeah because every modern game using modern network designs wouldn't think about using cloud architectures to distribute yet synchronize data....OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DO THIS!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While PC-people go crazy for Oculus and Sony stepping into VR-turf...Microsoft is watching clouds pass by?

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count dem chunks, son!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@extomar said:

Yeah because every modern game using modern network designs wouldn't think about using cloud architectures to distribute yet synchronize data....OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DO THIS!

lol yup.

Does anyone else find it reallyweird that when he gets to the part in the demo where the building is falling apart he's like Turn Around! What's over here? I'm probably just being paranoid though.

Also thanks for assuring us that those are powerful gaming PCs.

What a weird presentation...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Bollard

I don't mean to come off as a psychopath or something but if this means dead bodies will remain on the battlefield in my videogames I'm all for it.

I don't know, Rome II can do that already:

90% dead horses
90% dead horses

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@extomar said:

lol yup.

Does anyone else find it reallyweird that when he gets to the part in the demo where the building is falling apart he's like Turn Around! What's over here? I'm probably just being paranoid though.

Also thanks for assuring us that those are powerful gaming PCs.

What a weird presentation...

It was a bit odd. Especially since those first few shots to the building in the first half of the demonstration had no impact on performance. It wasn't until multiple shots were fired where things came down to a grinding halt. The second building gets a few shots dumped into it, the camera turns around to the lower detail pillars and balls, and when we turn back around, the building's gone.

It's like an informercial for cake making machine. They make a cake the traditional way and it comes out all crappy. Then they bring out The Cake Maker 2000, dump ingredients in, and then pull out a pre-made finished product.

It's not an apples to apples comparison they're giving us. It's not like they turn the camera around to show three buildings breaking down with a smooth frame rate compared to the first example.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

"even if we had multiple high-end machines and these things were talking ..." Am I missing something here, or isn't that what cloud technology is ? I mean it's not like they've invented some magical "cloud machines" or something....