#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

should i get Midnight Club LA now? or wait for Blur?

i have always love fantasy arcadee racing. blindly bought mc 1 and graphic was horrible. rented mc 2 and love it. rented mc 3 and love it.

now should i get mc la now or wait for Blur? not 100% sure if i like Blur cause gamnespot video E3 gameplay.... it looks difficult to control and poor plus graphic not all that.

mc la seems more life-ness due to life-ness enviorment.

or any news on a new midnight club coming out?

is player base of midnight club la still populated? will i find someone to go against everytime i go on? (psn)

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Manatassi

Two TOTALLY different games. Midnight Club seems to still be populated but thats on XBL I dont know on PSN. 
Mainly you need to work out what kind of game you want, also do you have Burnout Paradise yet?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mmmslash

As a pretty big MC fan of ye' olden timey days, I thought LA was basically awful.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

i saw this perfect gameplay video 
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot/?event=today_on_the_spot20090905&tag=videos;img;2 at around 6:00

yup handling seems suck. it dont feel like you can feel it... like having grip. mc 2, 3 has this feel, sens eof grip that you can feel it but blur handling seems like..... sliding with no grip. something like that. i dont seems to like Blur from seeing thegameplay video plus the visual is kindda plain... shadow/dark.

i think i can invent 30 bucks on mc la now. i do want to try blur but i dont want to waste big bucks on something i cannot guarenteed satisfaction. maybe ill just wait for blur to price drop.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
@Manatassi said:
" Two TOTALLY different games. Midnight Club seems to still be populated but thats on XBL I dont know on PSN. Mainly you need to work out what kind of game you want, also do you have Burnout Paradise yet? "
i bought burnout 1 and love it. the unique music and rushness feels like rad racer on the original nintendo.... makes me reminescing and saying burnout is a new gen rad racer game to myself. bought burnout revenge and i was horrified seeing how they took out their own music and flood it with liscense music... i hate games with lissense music! i have my own music player i can play whatever music i want! but when im playing a game... iw ant to hear unique music from the game!  i think i threw burnout reveng eon ebay... not sure what i did with it.  ever since i wasnt interest in burnout games... not even paradise.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Manatassi
@AnnouncerGXZ: Midnight Club LA is waaaay heavy on the licensed Music. I would seriously reconsider getting Burnout Paradise otherwise wait for Blur. 
If you don't like Burnout Paradise you probably aren't going to like MC:LA much either.  

If you are looking for an open world racing game then Burnout Paradise is pretty much the best option, especially if you like online play. However if you are looking for a track based arcade racer, Split Second is looking promising along with Blur. Personally I found GRID and DIRT 2 to be some of the best arcade/sim straight racers out there right now. 

It really does come down to deciding what you really want from a racing game. Between Blur and MC:LA I would personally wait for Blur at this point but theres no guarantee how it will turn out. No-one can tell you what kind of racing game to get based on those two choices without just expressing a preference for one type of racing or another. Thats just something you should be deciding for yourself.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Manatassi
@AnnouncerGXZ: Midnight Club LA is waaaay heavy on the licensed Music. I would seriously reconsider getting Burnout Paradise otherwise wait for Blur. 
If you don't like Burnout Paradise you probably aren't going to like MC:LA much either.  

If you are looking for an open world racing game then Burnout Paradise is pretty much the best option, especially if you like online play. However if you are looking for a track based arcade racer, Split Second is looking promising along with Blur. Personally I found GRID and DIRT 2 to be some of the best arcade/sim straight racers out there right now. 

It really does come down to deciding what you really want from a racing game. Between Blur and MC:LA I would personally wait for Blur at this point but theres no guarantee how it will turn out. No-one can tell you what kind of racing game to get based on those two choices without just expressing a preference for one type of racing or another. Thats just something you should be deciding for yourself.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Red12b
@AnnouncerGXZ said:
" @Manatassi said:
" Two TOTALLY different games. Midnight Club seems to still be populated but thats on XBL I dont know on PSN. Mainly you need to work out what kind of game you want, also do you have Burnout Paradise yet? "
i bought burnout 1 and love it. the unique music and rushness feels like rad racer on the original nintendo.... makes me reminescing and saying burnout is a new gen rad racer game to myself. bought burnout revenge and i was horrified seeing how they took out their own music and flood it with liscense music... i hate games with lissense music! i have my own music player i can play whatever music i want! but when im playing a game... iw ant to hear unique music from the game!  i think i threw burnout reveng eon ebay... not sure what i did with it.  ever since i wasnt interest in burnout games... not even paradise. "

Good God Man, Copy Paste to word, or some sort of spell checker.

On topic, MC:LA should be in the Bargain bin, get it, I liked it, get Blur as well when it comes out, Blur looks intense.  

And they look like vastly different games,  

If you had to choose between the two, get blur, looks hella fun :) 
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Manatassi
Edit: darn site froze up and reposted lol. 

BTW Burnout Paradise does have the option to switch the licensed music off and just have the classic burnout music play.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Bigandtasty

Does licensed music really matter that much?

Even if it does, Burnout Paradise comes with all of the old instrumental music from the first three Burnouts on disc, and you can just turn off all of the other tracks.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By penguindust

Honestly, as it stands today, I'd skip both in favor or Split/Second.  From what I've read and heard from E3 '09 hands-on impressions, Blur is rather unimpressive.  Of course, things could have changed since then.  Now, I was a big fan of the first three PGR games, so I too was looking forward to Blur.  A more realistic version of Mario Kart was certainly intriguing.  Sadly, i kept hearing things like "disappointing" and "uninspired".  However, under the conditions of E3 it can be hard to really judge a game, so maybe things have improved.  Either way, Split/Second looked new and exciting back then and even recently.  Below is a walk-through trailer released December 1st.  The game is scheduled for release February 15th, 2010. 

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
@Manatassi said:

" @AnnouncerGXZ: Midnight Club LA is waaaay heavy on the licensed Music. I would seriously reconsider getting Burnout Paradise otherwise wait for Blur. If you don't like Burnout Paradise you probably aren't going to like MC:LA much either.   If you are looking for an open world racing game then Burnout Paradise is pretty much the best option, especially if you like online play. However if you are looking for a track based arcade racer, Split Second is looking promising along with Blur. Personally I found GRID and DIRT 2 to be some of the best arcade/sim straight racers out there right now.  It really does come down to deciding what you really want from a racing game. Between Blur and MC:LA I would personally wait for Blur at this point but theres no guarantee how it will turn out. No-one can tell you what kind of racing game to get based on those two choices without just expressing a preference for one type of racing or another. Thats just something you should be deciding for yourself. "

well midnight club does have liscense music but its exception. i dont know how i can ignore liscense music in mcla when i dislike it in games.... but midnight club is exception. and i dont even like hip hop music... midnight club seems to have like 89% of hip hop music yet its exception. i guess i like burnout 1 music so much then when their later game came out they took it out... i guess it broke my heart.\

well its good though hearing paradise has option to put burnout 1 music on. maybe i can give paradise a chance sometimes.

but anyway i guess im going for mc la first as a stepping stone to mod nation. im gonna 100% get mod nation but the release is unknown. i like any kind of racing weather it be tracked or open-street as long as it is arcadee.
vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By vinnylegs

I like MCLA, its a good game. The licensed music is fine, there is good tunes on there. You can filter the radio to play what you want. A certain genre, or even filter out songs you hate. The only thing I don't like about MCLA is the story isn't great, but hey it's an arcade racer. I say get it cheap and when blur comes out get that too.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By 71Ranchero

Get Grid, its dirt cheap and its one of the best playing racers in years. Great mix of arcade control and sim driving.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Alexander

Go for Midnight Club, you can't go wrong and it handles the single player very well. 

The soundtrack is AWESOME, the electronic stuff fits so well with the whole character of the game, introduced me to The Presets. 

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Bennyishere

Blur is basically the online multiplayer in Midnight Club: LA (MCLA multiplayer has power-ups and CTF). Get Midnight Club: LA.