#1 Posted by Stacy87 (14 posts) -

Hey guys! What hour of the day do you prefer to play?

Myself, I prefer to play in the middle of the night, as it offers less distractions! Usually I can only do that on weekends, but I'm lucky enough to start late at work on Wednesdays, so Tuesday nights can be almost as bad! :)

#2 Posted by MerlijnVH (108 posts) -

I love to play games and even work during the night, I guess its just the feeling that the entire country is sleeping and no one can disturb me.
Also, because of timezones its easier for me to find people to play online games with during the night.

#3 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

sadly, i play went i have the time but mostly in the evening.

#4 Posted by Otacon (2194 posts) -

Evenings mostly, just fee like I can relax and sink into a game.

#5 Edited by Kush (8889 posts) -

I just play whenever I have the free time to do it, but mostly later at night.

#6 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

During the day usually.

#7 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I usually play in the evenings. Anything I have to do for that day, I try to get done during the daytime to free up my evenings.

#8 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I like evening gaming. Unless I've been conditioned to staying up real late for quite some time, I play like utter crap past like 10:00PM XD

#9 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Whenever I feel like it.
Know what I am going to go play some Castle Crashers. >:C

#10 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

in the evenings but I dont really like staying up because I usually have to roll out of bed sort of early and its to play games while tired.

#11 Posted by DazbotAthertron (873 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Whenever I feel like it.
Know what I am going to go play some Castle Crashers. >:C"
Overratedflashgame/10
#12 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
DazbotAthertron said:
"DualReaver said:
Overratedflashgame/10"
Whatever, I really like it.
#13 Posted by DazbotAthertron (873 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"DazbotAthertron said:
"DualReaver said:
Overratedflashgame/10"
Whatever, I really like it."
to each their own
#14 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Either the evening or later at night.

Playing to much games during the day makes feel guilty, makes me think i could be doing something more productive.

#15 Posted by dankempster (2229 posts) -

In the evening, between 5 and 8 (not solidly, just anywhere between those times). That's when I tend to be most focused for console gaming. Handheld, I tend to play randomly during the day.

#16 Posted by Stacy87 (14 posts) -

Oh boy am I tired today. I stayed up till around 3 in the middle of the night with Castle Crashers... but it was a LOT of fun!

#17 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Maybe between 10pm and 1am.

#18 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Whenever I have time to.  

#19 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I like the evening because there's less eye strain watching a screen when daylight is coming through the windows (if it's sunny, you should be outside anyway).  However, one thing that upsets me about midnight gaming is that I can't crank the subwoofer without the neighbors getting pissed off.

#20 Posted by Rowr (5239 posts) -

I used to play late at night before i got a j.o.b.

Since i get up at 5:30 and get home at 6 all my gaming falls between 6-11 pm.

#21 Edited by pause422 (6153 posts) -

Whenever I have free time usually, but usually is later at night, like 1 am or later...then I get on a really odd sleep schedule...which is amazing when you have to get up for work :\

#22 Posted by sheisty_shogun (256 posts) -

I usually play in the evening, sometimes into the early morning if I get sucked in. 

#23 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Ok first if all Stacy is that really you in the picture? The hot girl? Cause we had our hearts broken by a fraud and Im making sure none of GiantBomb have to go through that ever again

On topic: Midnight gamer.

#24 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (733 posts) -

I play after 10 pm to about 2 am on weekdays.  I don't mind the sleep deprivation much.

On the weekends, I usually play all evening.

#25 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I play during the night. Sometimes in the day but only for 30 mins or something.

#26 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Ok first if all Stacy is that really you in the picture? The hot girl? Cause we had our hearts broken by a fraud and Im making sure none of GiantBomb have to go through that ever again

On topic: Midnight gamer."
Meh. If you like chicks with eyebrows drawn on, sure. Hot girl.
#27 Posted by RandomHero666 (3174 posts) -

i usually play very late at night, mainly cos i like the silence and atmosphere darkness and games create

#28 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
Jayge said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"Ok first if all Stacy is that really you in the picture? The hot girl? Cause we had our hearts broken by a fraud and Im making sure none of GiantBomb have to go through that ever again

Meh. If you like chicks with eyebrows drawn on, sure. Hot girl."
Now, now, lets not make this a "Hey lets judge this girl who mistakingly signed up to a sweaty nerd convention" topic.
#29 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Yeah, either midnight onwards or during a day when everyone else is out. God damn it, I wish I had a job.

#30 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
Emilio said:
"Jayge said:
"AaronBelfast said:

Now, now, lets not make this a "Hey lets judge this girl who mistakingly signed up to a sweaty nerd convention" topic."
Just sayin' is all.
#31 Posted by xxNBxx (960 posts) -

LOL i knew this topic would turn into a "o god is that a real girl"  topic.  Get a life boys go out of your house and meet a girl that lives near you instead of trying to meet a girl that lives in a different time zone.

I mostly play games at night, but if i have the time i play them when ever.

#32 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
DazbotAthertron said:
"DualReaver said:
"DazbotAthertron said:
"DualReaver said:
Overratedflashgame/10"
Whatever, I really like it."
to each their own"

Amen
#33 Posted by Stacy87 (14 posts) -
Jayge said:
"AaronBelfast said:

Oh I'm sure you're the king of fashionable looks...
#34 Posted by cro (6 posts) -

During the night, mostly.

I just feel more comfortable at night, when there aren't going to be any distractions, and I can let loose on vent with my friends.

That, and my WoW guild is mainly on the eastern hemisphere, so to raid I have to go at 1am..

#35 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
#36 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I usually don't play many games after 12:00AM unless I'm online.

I play mostly during the day.
#37 Posted by Player1 (3839 posts) -

I love playing at night. I'm a night owl anyways, so its when I'm at my best really. 

#38 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -
MerlijnVH said:
"I love to play games and even work during the night, I guess its just the feeling that the entire country is sleeping and no one can disturb me."
same here.
#39 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -
Stacy87 said:
"Jayge said:
"AaronBelfast said:

Oh I'm sure you're the king of fashionable looks..."
Bahaha, this is fabulous. Stacy, i'm a girl so I have to side with you, but I'm warning you; Jayge is not someone to mess with.
#40 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I like to think I'm presentable.

#41 Posted by Stacy87 (14 posts) -
Jayge said:
"I like to think I'm presentable."
Well it comes with attitude and etiquette as well, and frankly, calling someone out like that is not very gentlemanly.
#42 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
Stacy87 said:
"Jayge said:
"I like to think I'm presentable."
Well it comes with attitude and etiquette as well, and frankly, calling someone out like that is not very gentlemanly."
I'll see to your Gentlemanly and raise you a Manlygentle.

Back on topic, I wish I could play more during the day now that I think about it.
#43 Posted by AnTiPRO (93 posts) -

Mornings when little kids are off. :)

#44 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Looks aside, I usually play in the evening after dinner if there's nothing on TV to watch. 

Especially if my girlfriend is busy blogging or studying or whatever else she might be up to.

My game time is going to seriously hurt now that Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes, House, and other shows are back on. Not to mention football.
#45 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

I play games any time of the day, but my favorite time is the night. I guess it's because I've always been a night guy, preferring to do things at night rather than doing it during the day.

#46 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

i normally do my gaming from around 5/6 pm till about 1am.

p.s. yes Stacy is definitely a hottie

#47 Posted by Gamer_152 (13975 posts) -

Mine varies quite a bit, but when I'm doing a normal college term I usually play in the evenings on weekdays and play mornings/afternoons on weekends.