leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By leky1

Hello ladies & gentleman!

Today i ought we should discuss a very important issue in the video game industry:Milking!So obviously anyone could name four milked franchises:Metal Gear Solid,Battlefield,Call of Duty and Halo.

Also as of recent it seems that Resident Evil needs to be added too!But lets talk about the four main ones a bit more and then later about RE!

So now you can actually remove Battlefield and Metal Gear Solid of the list because BF brings something new with each sequel,while MGS is like an interactive movie so you actually buy it to find out the story!
So we are left with CoD and Halo!CoD never brought anything new to the genre and just spawning 2 or 3 sequels or most 4  would be OK because they WERE (but were!) bringing new stuff  up until 5 where thing were just screwed!
It was an unoriginal piece of crap (flame shield...not needed)!While Halo is cool and all but after   brought absolutely fuckin nothing!Its just selling the same game over and over again,and reach is not going to change it!Hell one GB user named it "Halo:The milking continues",and with a reason!
Now RE...look at the number of the spin-offs the sheer number off "main" games i mean hell there is 3 or 4 code veronica games!Fucking beautiful!Oh,and how could i forget Street fighter(Flame Shield up)?!I will not even explain it i will just say: Super Street fighter 2 turbo HD remix!What is your opinion?One thing though:that perv Emandudeguyperson is not allowed to post here!
And another thing!You know what i think we will have to say about Dead Space in a year or two?MOO!

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By leky1

Hello ladies & gentleman!

Today i ought we should discuss a very important issue in the video game industry:Milking!So obviously anyone could name four milked franchises:Metal Gear Solid,Battlefield,Call of Duty and Halo.

Also as of recent it seems that Resident Evil needs to be added too!But lets talk about the four main ones a bit more and then later about RE!

So now you can actually remove Battlefield and Metal Gear Solid of the list because BF brings something new with each sequel,while MGS is like an interactive movie so you actually buy it to find out the story!
So we are left with CoD and Halo!CoD never brought anything new to the genre and just spawning 2 or 3 sequels or most 4  would be OK because they WERE (but were!) bringing new stuff  up until 5 where thing were just screwed!
It was an unoriginal piece of crap (flame shield...not needed)!While Halo is cool and all but after   brought absolutely fuckin nothing!Its just selling the same game over and over again,and reach is not going to change it!Hell one GB user named it "Halo:The milking continues",and with a reason!
Now RE...look at the number of the spin-offs the sheer number off "main" games i mean hell there is 3 or 4 code veronica games!Fucking beautiful!Oh,and how could i forget Street fighter(Flame Shield up)?!I will not even explain it i will just say: Super Street fighter 2 turbo HD remix!What is your opinion?One thing though:that perv Emandudeguyperson is not allowed to post here!
And another thing!You know what i think we will have to say about Dead Space in a year or two?MOO!

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By empfeix

I like your enthusiasm.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier

I think you can keep Battlefield in your "milking" list, Battlefield Heroes right now is the pure definition of milking. 

Not sure if you can call Call of Duty it self "milking" MW2 you could i guess. 

SF2 Turbo hd remix was a great marketing tool to get people psyched for SF4.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne
@empfeix said:
" I like your enthusiasm. "

?
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sjupp
Could you please make your text less of a wall and more of a... fence? It's giving me a headache.

Anyhow.. I haven't grown tired of either BF or CoD which renders me unable to understand your..  

@empfeix said:

" enthusiasm. "

Oh and btw, you forgot a few spaces.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

i don't think resident evil should be milked. there are barely any resident evil games. call of duty u can as there were like 3 in three years or something like that. world at war only felt like objects were changed and different maps. in the end it felt the same compared to 4. modern warfare 2 just added some new things to it. 

halo u can as 3 was suppose to be the end. halo 3 i felt like there was nothing new to it just graphic upgrade and some new weapons. halo wars came out. a RTS game that shouldn't have even been made. halo: ODST, like 5 hour campaign and some new multiplayer things. u can also get halo 3 maps from getting the game. halo reach will be coming out sometime soon.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikeeegeee
@Meowayne said:
" @empfeix said:

? "
Wonderful catch.
leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leky1
@empfeix said:
I don't get it....
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By fripplebubby

I don't know man, it seems like there are a TON of hardcore fans of CoD and Halo, so as long as they keep buying the new stuff they milk it all they want. The only example I can think of as being milked was CoD World at War. That game was pretty lame, but everything else seems adequate. 

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Zereta

I can safely say that Battlefield and Halo out of the Milking list. Hell, whats RE doing there as well?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf

I think the question to be asked is whether should we care if something is being milked? I like milk. I drink milk everyday. Do I care? No. Will I eventually get tired of it? Maybe. But, for now, I am happy with having regular milk everyday and don't want something new everytime I drink it.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By cstrang

1) Work on your formatting for your posts.  Insert blank lines inbetween paragraphs for extra "win".
2) I enjoy milk.  I drink it daily.  In fact I drink....  Oooohhh, I see what you did there.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Bigandtasty
@leky1 said:
"While Halo is cool and all but after   brought absolutely fuckin nothing!"
I agree. After was a pretty lame game.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zajtalan

lol at the emandudeguyperson thing

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

I don't think Halo is being milked. Why? Because there are only 3 games in the main series. Wars was made by a totally different developer and brought a whole new gameplay style to the Halo universe and ODST is a sidestory that takes place during the timeline of one of the earlier games. In my opinion, CoD is the definition of milking - we're on the sixth one right now. 

CoD 1 came out in 2003. It's now 6 years later and we have 6 games.... so, a game a year.  
Halo came out in 2001. It's now 8 year later and we have 5 games. 5 games in 8 years, not to mention one of them was a totally different type of game (Wars) which wasn't afraid to venture from the FPS perspective. And, that one of them was only a sidestory to the mothership titles.  

So with Halo, we have 3 major titles with 2 of them thrown in to keep fans happy during the waits between Mothership titles (both of which received favourable review scores), while CoD has a new one every single year and even has more games out in a much shorter timespan. 

Resident Evil is definitely not getting milked... what the hell? RE4 came out in 2005 and RE5 came out in 2009 - how the hell is that milking? When they release things like Umbrella Chonicles and Darkside Chronicles and the Gamecube remakes, that's fan service - not milking. Maybe they want to make these games for people who didn't get to experience them when they first came out. 

As for Battlefield, I have never played one so I honestly have no idea about that franchise at all. 

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By itsmadness

Where's the ultimate example of milking? Guitar hero?

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By leky1
@Zajtalan said:
" lol at the emandudeguyperson thing "
Yea,i really hate that fucking perv!
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
@itsmadness said:
" Where's the ultimate example of milking? Guitar hero? "
This, right here and right now. This is THE ultimate.
Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dragon_Fire
@iam3green said:
" halo: ODST, like 5 hour campaign and some new multiplayer things."

Don't forget it cost 60$
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bubahula
@xyzygy said:
" @itsmadness said:
" Where's the ultimate example of milking? Guitar hero? "
This, right here and right now. This is THE ultimate. "
agreed. i totally would not have thought of that but yeah, i cant think of a better example
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Dragon_Fire said:
" @iam3green said:

Don't forget it cost 60$ "
Halo 3: ODST. It was meant to be cheaper... blame Microsoft.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Diamond

Well this thread is a bit of a cluster fuck already, but I am very disappointed how every new game is a new 'IP' these days, and if they have any level of success they MUST make sequels, because to the CEOs that's the only good thing about game making.

Some games are well suited to sequels, Dead Space 2 makes total sense.  Bioshock 2 makes no fucking sense. 

It's such a transparent money making move, like DLC announced before a game is released.  Remember when we used to get 100% complete games and there was love and passion in games development and even if you really wanted that sequel you might never get it, despite the game selling shit tons?  Yea.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Red
 This is a picture of what common sense, rationality and intelligence are doing right now.
 This is a picture of what common sense, rationality and intelligence are doing right now.
Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Butchio

these games keep getting "milked" because they have a huge fan base. Get used to it

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By leky1

No....i mean just.....no.....this thread is going to hell....just no..............................

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dragon_Fire
@SpikeSpiegel said:

" @Dragon_Fire said:

" @iam3green said:

Don't forget it cost 60$ "
Halo 3: ODST. It was meant to be cheaper... blame Microsoft. "
I will because Windows 7 doesn't work with my PC.
Is the Windows Series of Operating  System's....considered milked...?
And Also the Sims, and WOW....