Mirrors edge or tony hawk?

garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By garc4475

ok i have to make a choice mirrors edge or skate 2?

how long are they?

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buzz_killington

1- Skate 2 is not a Tony Hawk game.

2- Mirror's Edge and Skate 2 are nothing alike. Mirror's Edge is a linear game with little replay value, while Skate 2 is an open-world game with lots of challenges and stuff, but not as focused gameplay.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

tony hawk ride has a longer box, so that one

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Mariek430
@CoolDrMoney said:
" tony hawk ride has a longer box, so that one "
This
garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By garc4475

OH ahahha I meantEA SKATE 2 Not old man Funny shorts  RIDE

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

Neither. Both have some pretty jarring and frustrating problems.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mariek430
@garc4475: In that case, having only played Skate 2 out of them both, Skate 2
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Skate 2 is a pretty lousy sequel. You're better off with the original. Besides, it's cheaper, and just done much better. 

I can't say much about Mirror's Edge, I only played the demo. It was alright. Pretty interesting, but it kind of annoyed me.

If you're a fan of Tony Hawk games, I'd suggest Tony Hawk's Project 8. It's the last great Tony Hawk game. I thought they did a really good job with it, and you can probably find it for $15-20. Or go with Skate 1. Forget about Skate 2, by all means.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Red said:
" Neither. Both have some pretty jarring and frustrating problems. "
So you're saying go with Tony Hawk: RIDE?
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Mirror's Edge was fun while it lasted.

Except for the tazer guys.

garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By garc4475
@TheGreatGuero: 

what r u serious its worse? well it is priced the same as skate 1 at my local shop 16$

why is it worse?
Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pantalooney

I had a lot of fun with skate 2 so i'll be recommending this one, if you are looking for a longer game its the one to get.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Skate 2 is what I like to consider a bad sequel. The developers didn't address the many problems of the first game, instead they just made the issues worse. Skate 2 really let me down. The first game was a great start in the right direction, but it still had a lot of work to do before it could ever truly dethrone the best of the Tony Hawk games. Anyway, Skate had some problems in the difficulty of doing certain specific grinds and tricks in a couple challenges. The kind of grinds and tricks that aren't clearly explained, and well, Skate 2 adds plenty more of these challenges. Pedestrians on the sidewalks would get in your way pretty often in Skate, and that's even worse in Skate 2. In fact, in Skate 2, if you hit a pedestrian a couple times, they'll chase after you and attack you. That's very, very annoying. So the goals in general can be much more frustrating. Lots of times simple things are just ridiculously hard to do because they don't work the way the game tells you. 

The game doesn't really add much new, and basically remakes the same town from the first Skate, but I think it makes some mistakes in doing that. One problem is they added big metal staple bracket things to ledges so you can't grind them until you have them removed. Not a big deal, but you have to stop at the spot, and press Y and watch a video for 10 seconds before it happens. It kind of goes against the whole flowing "free-ride" aspect of the original. Same goes with pools, which have to be drained. Then security guards are a bigger problem in this game and are more common. 

You can now get off your board, but walking around on foot is pretty cruddy. It doesn't control too good and you can't jump very high or climb things so well. So a lot of times you'll find areas where you'll want to jump onto a higher ledge and gap off of it, but you won't be able to get up there on-foot, so you gotta find a way to get on there with your board or just forget about it. It's a lazy game, it's as simple as that. Then, my favorite part of the original was it's offline party play multiplayer, which let 4 people play (using 1 controller, if you wanted) take turns owning the spot. You'd get like 15-30 second runs depending on the spot, but it was cool. Some of the spots were whack, but a few, like Danny Way's Megacompound and the X-Games Megaramp were awesome. So... Skate 2 brings back those areas, and adds more, but totally ruins them in this mode. In the original, Danny Way's ramp had 2 possible paths, in the sequel it's bumped up to 3. But in multiplayer, the way you're positioned, you can only use one path. Same goes with the X-Games, which gives you now 4 mega ramps, but only lets you use one, and they give you the one which is arguably the weakest mega ramp anyway. So lame, dude. Man, Skate 2 should have been great, but it's not. It's exactly this kind of laziness that gives EA their bad reputation.

garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By garc4475
@TheGreatGuero: 

woe man thanks for writing that!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

i would say skate 2 instead of mirrors edge.

Avatar image for shoulderholster
ShoulderHolster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShoulderHolster
@Red said:
"Neither. Both have some pretty jarring and frustrating problems. "
I agree with this statement, but I think Mirror's Edges distinctiveness makes up for some of its shortcomings.