Miyamoto's Keynote

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

I thought it's thread worthy. Following it here thanks to Budster.

No video or photos allowed. He better not show Pikmin 3 unless we can SEE it too >:(

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Says New Super Mario Bros Wii has about 80 stages. Says it blurs the line between cooperative and competitive gameplay. Goes on to talk of Galaxy 2.

"More than 90 percent of what you will see in Super Mario Galaxy 2 is all brand new. Maybe even 95 percent. Miyamoto talks over the trailer. Galaxy 2 contains roughly the same amount of content as the original."

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Really looking forward to seeing a extravagantly designed Galaxy 2  : / 

Will follow it..

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Says when they were done with Galaxy they realised they were only scratching the surface of what can be done with the spherical worlds and gravity concepts. So they're taking another stab at it with Galaxy 2. It has about the same amount of content as Galaxy 1!

18 holes in Golf, yay :)

Miyamoto's an interesting dude, he may not be announcing games here but you guys should see what's he's been talking about. Done talking about Wii Sports Resort now.

Kotaku's live blogging has more detail in some aspects.

"Super Mario Bros. Wii may have a surprise in store for gamers when it hits later this year.

Speaking to Kotaku at E3 today, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto seem to let slip that the game may include at least an initial glimpse at a revolutionary save system first hinted at in a patent filed by Miyamoto last year."

Talking of Spirit Tracks now.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
Galaxy 2 is very, very far along, but since Nintendo has New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's going to hold off and keep Galaxy 2 for next year.

Lame, this new Mario game is better suited to casuals... Nintendo are making those like me wait because of them.  That's the way I see it. I have no interest in the DS like game on Wii, no interest at all, yet I am still forced to wait.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Shit, 4 player multiplayer in LOZ: Spirit Tracks. Yes!

"Miyamoto would like players to feel like they create their own memories and experiences from playing the game"
"
At one time we were talkingaboutcreating an image movie of your experience but we've moved away from that"

"
I wanted to announce a zelda game for wii"

"It shows Link and a female in blue in a robe. It's a painting. He wants to annonce it next year. And it should be motion plus compatible. Maybe only wii motion plus.It depends on how well motion plus does.He would love to bring in the sword play and archery, but he wants to make sure everyone can enjoy it.

Dude, WTF? Make it Motion Plus only. If one doesn't have Motion Plus by then, he'll get it for Zelda. Like, DUH!

"
The painting for the new zelda had link standing with his back to us his head turned so we could see his face. He looked perhaps like a young man or older teen. Standing against his back was the woman in blue. She had a cap of blue."

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Oh damn, I want to see the painting, but It might never be made public... Sadness. *think golden sun thoughts. think golden sun thoughts* : )

Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mac

Apparently, older link too, oldest so far, it seems.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r
Q&A time. He's been asked for his opinion on Natal and Sony's motion device.

"Miyamoto says for Nintendo the strategy is to do development and get the hardware ready and have software ready and then make the announcements. Until this new technology reaches that level, it's really impossible to make any judgement on it. "Of course, we're working at R&D at Nintendo. The things that we've seen here are things we've seen before," he says. He is in favor of motion controls and anything that gets players moving. "

Elegant.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

No online in New Super Mario Bros :(

And it's over. Damn. No pikmin 3. I wanna see the Zelda painting... You should read up on his stuff, interesting dude, just wish he had a surprise for us...

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Budster

At least we got something about the new Zelda ; )

Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Mac

You don't consider the Zelda picture a suprise? He could've just said that, "Yeah, we're working on it. No, I won't say anymore". The only flaw is that we haven't seen it, but we'll be playing the game itself in x number of years, so a picture isn't really that big a deal.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, I don't consider it a surprise since I can't see it. So, it basically says "we're working on it" to me which we already knew. And even if we saw it, it's just concept art that would still simply mean "we're working on it" really...